Media Michael jai white need a ego check

Sorry, friend. Situation is the very first principle of war. Kill one man's fire and ignite the other's, take higher ground, make him look over his shoulder, get him drunk (even if only on his own ego).

Absolutely.

That's why arrogance so often leads to defeat.

*Of course this assumes we're not sport fighting but actual fighting. As I don't see Jai White in the UFC.
Silly me. I thought we were just talking about a 1-1 fight. Not war.

Except there was nothing sly about it you geek lol

As much as you will deny it, slowly you will begin to realize how retarded you sound.
No need to give me credit, just remember that you don't have to be a cunt to be heard
whatever your life circumstances were

You don't even see the irony of you saying this after you've spent pages guessing that this actor is a great fighter, do you
"Guessing"

Says it all right there.

Sure, being able to feel someone out plays a factor.

But as I stated in my last few long posts, there are a great many factors being considered which contribute to my stance on the matter.

and again, unless you are smarter than the person in question, utilizing the Dunning Kruger effect to explain away what a person is saying.

There's been a few people who are either fighters or martial artists that seemed to see where I was coming from. So, there is a method to my madness. You call it the Dunning Kruger effect because you simply don't understand what's being seen.

To a person who doesn't have legitimate experience, knowledge, a tangible foundation and you hear such things, it's understandable you think a person is talking out of their ass.

When the issue truly lies with you.

"Guessing"

Says it all right there.

But as I stated in my last few long posts, there are a great many factors being considered which contribute to my stance on the matter.

and again, unless you are smarter than the person in question, utilizing the Dunning Kruger effect to explain away what a person is saying.

There's been a few people who are either fighters or martial artists that seemed to see where I was coming from. So, there is a method to my madness. You call it the Dunning Kruger effect because you simply don't understand what's being seen.

To a person who doesn't have legitimate experience, knowledge, a tangible foundation and you hear such things, it's understandable you think a person is talking out of their ass.

When you say mjw is a skilled martial artist you are speaking rationally. When you say he would easily beat top 10-15 ufc ww’s you are indeed talking out of your ass. And when you say YOU would beat them.......

When you say mjw is a skilled martial artist you are speaking rationally. When you say he would easily beat top 10-15 ufc ww’s you are indeed talking out of your ass. And when you say YOU would beat them.......
MJW would have ktfo all the greatest boxers ever inside a ring, he just preferred not to. I saw him do cool shit in movies. Big screen movies are the mecha of proving your fighting skills.

"Guessing"

Says it all right there.

And here I was thinking nobody here had the balls to invoke the Dunning Kuger effect!

@Fukkup
Well at least you're actually debating like an actual person now

Instead of mumbling incoherently, expecting me to understand your muddied point, even when much has been provided which highlights how I arrived at such conclusions.

Your "points" were not clear at all. It doesn't sound like You even knew what You were trying to say. There was also much answered in a larger picture kind of sense which seemed to completely to over your head. You seem content to grasp at straws and ignored the grand scheme of the points being made. Everything ties together and that's not something you seem to realize. That's why I was a little confused why you were asking me to explain myself. There was a lot said, but it seems you see what you want to see.

You expose yourself for lacking reading comprehension. Or you're just very slow.

nowhere did I ever suggest that MJW was a verifiably great fighter. almost every post I spoke about him being a great and highly skilled martial artist. Without question, legitimate and such more than just an actor.

I said very clearly that having the skills on paper also doesn't necessarily mean you have that toughness and warrior spirit that allows a person success in a real fight.

However, I made it clear that he checks all the boxes. Many with actual experience here seemed to nearly universally agree that MJW's skills / martial arts ability are legitimate. The question lies with his toughnes and all the necessary attributes for a real fight.

MJW brings a lot more to the table than just choreographed moves. I made that VERY and EMPHATICALLY CLEAR. I explained exactly how the you can analyze someones movements to get a read on their skill set. If you showed even that minor, amateur level video on footwork by MJW to a legitimate boxing gym, everyone would acknowledge that he can box, he has an excellent jab, understands technique, the way he moves his feet, head, subtly pivots his core, hips and shoulders into each strike speaks volumes.

this isn't bias. anyone who understands boxing or striking should be able to do this. No, it doesn't say anything for his prowess as a warrior in an actual fight. But it highlights that as a traditional martial artist, he has a respect for the purist form of boxing. which is generally very uncommon. Hands tend to be the weakest aspect of most high level karate / TKD guys. Those deeply ingrained bad habits do not appear to be there with him.

Again, little things like this speak volumes and they add up. it's a matter of putting those puzzle pieces together, connecting the dots to form a reasonable picture of where a person might stand, especially when we are operating from limited data / tangible experience in the form of competition.

This isn't some "magic" I'm doing. It only highlights that some of you guys have a long way to go when It comes to accurately judging skill.

"Once again literally no evidence of this in real life. "

In that video, what Machida and MJW were doing was not choreographed. They were flowing, playing. But they were demonstrating legitimate technique. It gives a small glimpse of how MJW would handle himself in sparring or in an actual fight.

Elite point fighting kyokushin stylists have a similar style. They are amazing at moving in and out, managing distance, lateral movement, fighting off the back foot, countering prowess, timing you coming in, generally speaking they are very difficult to find. something we've seen in both wonderboy, machida, even elements in conor's style.

He is not just an actor. he is a legitimate kyokushin black belt in his own right. He teaches karate to other black belts from what I understand.

many of those same elements exist within his style.

"Do you want to elaborate? there is a big waft of bias coming from that statement."

What exactly is biased about that statement. It is the very nature of science and discovery. Often times we don't have the data or well designed studies when it comes to a particular topic. We don't have the easy and obvious answers. As result, we are left to our own devices, to piece together the puzzle and connect the dots with whatever information and knowledge we do have.

Having the ability to problem solve like this isn't something most people do. It needs to be trained. Many simply write anything off that doesn't exist in the defined and easy parameters of what is "provable" even in science. which exposes their own lack of ingenuity and holes / limitations in the way they discern truth.

"And then blindly asserting he would easily beat Perry."

skill wise, he is technically so many levels above perry that it's just comical. The only question is whether he has that warrior in him which a true fighter has. However, he checks all the boxes. he has the tools. His style is verifiably proven to work in a real life scenario. He has experience sparring against elite mma fighters and boxers. He has some competition experience. Arriving at the conclusion that MJW would embarrass him isn't a difficult one.

"Fight IQ relates to fighters and how they strategise and adapt in a fight. Also its called having a biased opinion of someones skills."

I was talking about my own. And no. Recognizing that he is a highly skilled martial artist who has some boxing ability is not bias. Doesn't sound like you know the meaning of the word.

"I actually wanted you to repeat yourself because that is how you debate, you ask for clarification on someones points. However, you would rather just duck, dodge and dive anytime I wanted to address even one of your bullshit claims."

Asking someone to repeat themselves when so many points have already been made that you conveniently brushed off just makes you a painful person to have any sort of intelligent discussion with.

That's why I responded to others first. you didn't even have a clear and coherent point. simply pointed out my "bias" but little to explain precisely what you had such a problem with. Your own questions could be answered in the information that had already been provided as well. But like I said, you see that you want to see.

Last edited:
Again, the idea that you discerned some high level of skills from that video is ridiculous. He has trained. He has some fundamentals. Enough to teach a novice video. He’s a skilled martial artist. But to make the leap that he’s way more advanced than the guys who test their skills for real, test the actual application of their skills, because of brief moments of demonstrations is silly.
I can tell a lot just by how someone throws a jab bro

There's a lot of elements that go into each punch thrown. All of which are exposed in each subtle motion and movement of the body, regardless of what a person is doing.

he can box. For sure. That shouldn't be something this difficult to see. Not suggesting he's a world beater or anything, but the fact that he respects and approaches boxing In a purist way, puts him ahead of most elite karate guys.

That tends to be the biggest flaw In a traditional martial arts base.

In terms of skill, he's more advanced than a lot of guys. But I agree that a real fight where someone is trying to kill you is a different animal.

this whole idea that he's just an actor is just silly though. So, I'm happy this thread is at least moving past such ridiculousness.

Bruce Lee didn't compete either, it's like saying he was just an actor. at the very least, people need to give respect where it's due.

@Fukkup
Well at least you're actually debating like an actual person now

Instead of mumbling incoherently, expecting me to understand your muddied point, even when much has been provided which highlights how I arrived at such conclusions.

Your "points" were not clear at all. It doesn't sound like You even knew what You were trying to say. There was also much answered in a larger picture kind of sense which seemed to completely to over your head. You seem content to grasp at straws and ignored the grand scheme of the points being made. Everything ties together and that's not something you seem to realize. That's why I was a little confused why you were asking me to explain myself. There was a lot said, but it seems you see what you want to see.

You expose yourself for lacking reading comprehension. Or you're just very slow.

nowhere did I ever suggest that MJW was a verifiably great fighter. almost every post I spoke about him being a great and highly skilled martial artist. Without question, legitimate and such more than just an actor.

I said very clearly that having the skills on paper also doesn't necessarily mean you have that toughness and warrior spirit that allows a person success in a real fight.

However, I made it clear that he checks all the boxes. Many with actual experience here seemed to nearly universally agree that MJW's skills / martial arts ability are legitimate. The question lies with his toughnes and all the necessary attributes for a real fight.

MJW brings a lot more to the table than just choreographed moves. I made that VERY and EMPHATICALLY CLEAR. I explained exactly how the you can analyze someones movements to get a read on their skill set. If you showed even that minor, amateur level video on footwork by MJW to a legitimate boxing gym, everyone would acknowledge that he can box, he has an excellent jab, understands technique, the way he moves his feet, head, subtly pivots his core, hips and shoulders into each strike speaks volumes.

this isn't bias. anyone who understands boxing or striking should be able to do this. No, it doesn't say anything for his prowess as a warrior in an actual fight. But it highlights that as a traditional martial artist, he has a respect for the purist form of boxing. which is generally very uncommon. Hands tend to be the weakest aspect of most high level karate / TKD guys. Those deeply ingrained bad habits do not appear to be there with him.

Again, little things like this speak volumes and they add up. it's a matter of putting those puzzle pieces together, connecting the dots to form a reasonable picture of where a person might stand, especially when we are operating from limited data / tangible experience in the form of competition.

This isn't some "magic" I'm doing. It only highlights that some of you guys have a long way to go when It comes to accurately judging skill.

"Once again literally no evidence of this in real life. "

In that video, what Machida and MJW were doing was not choreographed. They were flowing, playing. But they were demonstrating legitimate technique. It gives a small glimpse of how MJW would handle himself in sparring or in an actual fight.

Elite point fighting kyokushin stylists have a similar style. They are amazing at moving in and out, managing distance, lateral movement, fighting off the back foot, countering prowess, timing you coming in, generally speaking they are very difficult to find. something we've seen in both wonderboy, machida, even elements in conor's style.

He is not just an actor. he is a legitimate kyokushin black belt in his own right. He teaches karate to other black belts from what I understand.

many of those same elements exist within his style.

"Do you want to elaborate? there is a big waft of bias coming from that statement."

What exactly is biased about that statement. It is the very nature of science and discovery. Often times we don't have the data or well designed studies when it comes to a particular topic. We don't have the easy and obvious answers. As result, we are left to our own devices, to piece together the puzzle and connect the dots with whatever information and knowledge we do have.

Having the ability to problem solve like this isn't something most people do. It needs to be trained. Many simply write anything off that doesn't exist in the defined and easy parameters of what is "provable" even in science. which exposes their own lack of knowledge, ingenuity and the holes in the way they discern truth.

"And then blindly asserting he would easily beat Perry."

skill wise, he is technically so many levels above perry that it's just comical. The only question is whether he has that warrior in him which a true fighter has. However, he checks all the boxes. he has the tools. His style is verifiably proven to work in a real life scenario. He has experience sparring against elite mma fighters and boxers. He has some competition experience. Arriving at the conclusion that MJW would embarrass him isn't a difficult one.

"Fight IQ relates to fighters and how they strategise and adapt in a fight. Also its called having a biased opinion of someones skills."

I was talking about my own. And no. Recognizing that he is a highly skilled martial artist who has some boxing ability is not bias. Doesn't sound like you know the meaning of the word.

"I actually wanted you to repeat yourself because that is how you debate, you ask for clarification on someones points. However, you would rather just duck, dodge and dive anytime I wanted to address even one of your bullshit claims."

Asking someone to repeat themselves when so many points have already been made that you conveniently brushed off just makes you a painful person to have any sort of intelligent discussion with.

That's why I responded to others first. you didn't even have a clear and coherent point. simply pointed out my "bias" but little to explain precisely what you had such a problem with. Your own questions could be answered in the information that had already been provided as well. But like I said, you see that you want to see.
Tldr

<45><45><45><45><45><45>
Now I know for a fact you’re butthurt over my first post ITT lmfao do you want an apology or something snowflake?

You care too much, countless pages defending an actor skills in fighting and you are still upset when people say you are an idiot.

But but snowflake, want an apology, hur dur

<Dany07>

Lol, well that's for me to know.

Early posts in this thread on MJW weren't exactly my most balanced and objective takes.

Blame a severe phenibut hangover and lack of sleep.

My recent posts are more reasonable.

Last edited:
I can tell a lot just by how someone throws a jab bro

There's a lot of elements that go into each punch thrown. All of which are exposed in each subtle motion and movement of the body, regardless of what a person is doing.

he can box. For sure. That shouldn't be something this difficult to see. Not suggesting he's a world beater or anything, but the fact that he respects and approaches boxing In a purist way, puts him ahead of most elite karate guys.

That tends to be the biggest flaw In a traditional martial arts base.

In terms of skill, he's more advanced than a lot of guys. But I agree that a real fight where someone is trying to kill you is a different animal.

this whole idea that he's just an actor is just silly though. So, I'm happy this thread is at least moving past such ridiculousness.

Bruce Lee didn't compete either, it's like saying he was just an actor. at the very least, people need to give respect where it's due.
images

images

In 1958 Bruce found himself in a High School boxing torneament.he won.

I am absolutely sure that Bruce would enter ufc 1 if he was alive and young at the time.

MJW did not have the courage to fight in ufc 1,he is afraid to compete.

images

images

In 1958 Bruce found himself in a High School boxing torneament.he won.

I am absolutely sure that Bruce would enter ufc 1 if he was alive and young at the time.

MJW did not have the courage to fight in ufc 1,he is afraid to compete.

It is well noted that Bruce was quite a good boxer, or at least had potential

He could have been pacquiao, before pacquiao lol

In all seriousness it was well documented that Lee was mesmerised by Muhammad Ali footwork and implemented that fluent movement into his own teachings

Ali was a big man, 6'3 and about 210 plus bodyweight. The guy moved like he was 140lb

Back