Miguel Torres beat Mighty Mouse at UFC 130

ROUND 1 Torres wins.

ROUND 2 DJ had 4minutes and 4 seconds of top control. That does NOT include when Miguel Torres attempted a submission or had some semblance of control. I know there’s a question of being active, but man especially in 2011 the man on top consistently got the nod. A few triangle attempts used to reverse position won’t effect the judges that much when DJ just scrambled his way back on top soon after.

ROUND 3 was the toughest to judge. DJ landed 3 strikes to 0, and then you’re talking DJ’s 2min40 seconds of top control vs. Torres’s 1min44sec of top control. Torres was slightly more active but not nearly as much as some remember. When both guys stood up with 20 seconds in the round to go, the fight was likely in the air and was going to be determined by whoever did something to seal it. It was Mighty Mouse who used all his remaining strength to power out one last takedown right as the horn sounded. In all likelihood that takedown was enough to turn the fight from a draw to a 29-28 unanimous decision.

Don’t forget fight metric has DJ with more significant strikes and having landed 5 of 5 takedowns vs. Torres 0 of 1 attempt.

I understand both sides but I think DJ won.

Last edited:
Yup, Mighty Mouse lost that fight, no doubt about it. I ain't watched it in years, but I remember at the time thinking the decision was a joke and totally wrong.

Been keeping up with the playoffs?

Surprisingly, yeah. You?

I was expecting to watch zero games this playoffs, but it's been really good. I've seen games in every series. Vegas is fucking great, I hate it, I thought they were the second best team behind Nashville after round 1.

I was pretty much counting the Capitals out, until they took 2 from Tampa. At this point, I have no strong feelings on who will win. Seeing Yzerman win a cup as a GM would be nice, but just not a Tampa fan.

I was hoping to see Nashville/Subban win the cup, I think they would have given the Knights much more problems than the Jets too.

Surprisingly, yeah. You?

I was expecting to watch zero games this playoffs, but it's been really good. I've seen games in every series. Vegas is fucking great, I hate it, I thought they were the second best team behind Nashville after round 1.

I was pretty much counting the Capitals out, until they took 2 from Tampa. At this point, I have no strong feelings on who will win. Seeing Yzerman win a cup as a GM would be nice, but just not a Tampa fan.

I was hoping to see Nashville/Subban win the cup, I think they would have given the Knights much more problems than the Jets too.

Yeah, a fair bit. I put money on Nashville about halfway through the season to win the cup, so I was a little pissed to see them lose out, but it's also nice to see Winnipeg have a shot. That was a really fun series with some really high quality hockey.

Vegas really is a pretty crazy story as there really is no luck to what they're doing; they're just genuinely good. The way they picked their players really is something that's going to be studied for the next little while as they built a genuine cup contender when I (and most everyone) thought they'd be a bottom 2 or 3 team. I think the Jets have a bit more firepower than them and that could be telling over the whole series, but Gallant has that team playing an excellent all around game.

I've never been a huge Ovechkin fan, but it's nice to see him get over the hump against Pittsburgh, and it looks like they've got a very real shot against the Lightning, as well (only saw a bit of one of those games so far, though).

Who do you see the Wings picking in the upcoming draft? As an Oilers fan, it's very difficult to get up for any draft despite the fact they do pick at #10.

Every damn position in that fight was fought for. Grueling contest.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Yeah, a fair bit. I put money on Nashville about halfway through the season to win the cup, so I was a little pissed to see them lose out, but it's also nice to see Winnipeg have a shot. That was a really fun series with some really high quality hockey.

Vegas really is a pretty crazy story as there really is no luck to what they're doing; they're just genuinely good. The way they picked their players really is something that's going to be studied for the next little while as they built a genuine cup contender when I (and most everyone) thought they'd be a bottom 2 or 3 team. I think the Jets have a bit more firepower than them and that could be telling over the whole series, but Gallant has that team playing an excellent all around game.

I've never been a huge Ovechkin fan, but it's nice to see him get over the hump against Pittsburgh, and it looks like they've got a very real shot against the Lightning, as well (only saw a bit of one of those games so far, though).

Who do you see the Wings picking in the upcoming draft? As an Oilers fan, it's very difficult to get up for any draft despite the fact they do pick at #10.

Yeah, seeing Winnipeg win didn't hurt.

I knew Vegas was going to get some good people due to the protection limitiions, but no way did I think they would make playoffs. I watched none of them in regular season, but Gallant has to get the Jack Adams. He's got this team of left overs playing, high level, very fast, possession hockey. Not to take away from there playoff sucess, but I think they drew some good match-ups. They skated over their first two opponents, and even the jets are not known for their postion/speed. I thought Nashville was going to be their kryptonite with puck possession and stuffing defense.

Also never a huge Ovie fan, I enjoyed watching his Canadian rival get the best of him, but I don't hate the guy either. Part of me is glad he might win, but another part wants me to see Crosby shut him out of the cup.

I was really hoping to get that Svechnikov kid, Detroit has his brother, we drafted him in the first round a couple years ago. But we dropped, no surrpise, and are further away from his position at #2-3.

I like Tkachuck, Hughes and Boucard, but to be honest, not very caught up on tihs draft class.

I've been hearing rumors of Oilers moving their pick to MTL for Patches, in some sort of deal. What do you think of that? Edmonton doesnt need to draft anymore lol

Yeah, seeing Winnipeg win didn't hurt.

I knew Vegas was going to get some good people due to the protection limitiions, but no way did I think they would make playoffs. I watched none of them in regular season, but Gallant has to get the Jack Adams. He's got this team of left overs playing, high level, very fast, possession hockey. Not to take away from there playoff sucess, but I think they drew some good match-ups. They skated over their first two opponents, and even the jets are not known for their postion/speed. I thought Nashville was going to be their kryptonite with puck possession and stuffing defense.

Also never a huge Ovie fan, I enjoyed watching his Canadian rival get the best of him, but I don't hate the guy either. Part of me is glad he might win, but another part wants me to see Crosby shut him out of the cup.

I was really hoping to get that SVECHNIKOV Svechnikov kid, Detroit has his brother, we drafted him in the first round a couple years ago. But we dropped, no surrpise, and are further away from his position at #2-3.

I like Tkachuck, Hughes and Boucard, but to be honest, not very caught up on tihs draft class.

I've been hearing rumors of Oilers moving their pick to MTL for Patches, in some sort of deal. What do you think of that? Edmonton doesnt need to draft anymore lol

I saw Vegas a few times in the regular season. They play fast hockey and bring a ton of back pressure defensively. It's not just a matter of team speed, either, as a lot of their better players aren't crazy fast. They play smart and very organized hockey and Gallant likely deserves most of the credit for that. He should win the Adams running away. I thought their defense would be a big issue in the playoffs, but they've held up just fine so far. We'll see if they can continue to frustrate Winnipeg's firepower.

There have been some rumours regarding Faulk and Pacioretty, but I'm pretty skeptical. They'd only get one year of Pacioretty and then likely not be able to afford him (and his stats would likely balloon as he'd be on either McDavid or Draisaitl's wing making him even more difficult to afford). I don't care for much for Faulk, either. Carolina fans and the analytics people seem to really down on him.

I'd honestly rather the Oilers drafted and developed, but the Oilers developmental system doesn't do much of a job unless you're a can't miss prospect a la McDavid or Draisaitl. From what I've seen the order looks a bit all over the place after the top 3 (which seems to be pretty firmly Dahlin, Svechnikov, Zadina). I'm not all that high on Tkachuk being a high level offensive player even if he's more or less a shoe in to be a reliable middle 6 guy. Wahlstrom is supposed to be a genuine sniper from what I hear. It's tough to say.

One of the least talked about robberies..

Ive watched the fight Idk... 7 times total over the last few years and wtf?

Torres whooped his ass from the bottom, swept him, landed better strikes and won every round

How the hell was that fight given to Demetrious?
wtf ok I never even knew they fought lol how the hell did I miss that? I gotta check it out sometime.

I have MM (3-3) vs. McCall, Benavidez and Dodson.

They each won their first fight against him and had to rematch a guy they think they beat the first time. So they went into their second fight believing they needed the finish just to win. That's a valid component that you're not addressing. MM has never been finished. The pressure to rematch a guy you thought you beat the first time (yet lost the decision) and now you fear the decision so you must finish a durable counter puncher whose never been finished!

No wonder the rematches weren't close.

Those fights were lost in the locker rooms.

Oh, I've got it now. Mighty Mouse's entire championship run is down to his opponents and their camps implementing bad strategies because they know that it's impossible to win a decision against him irrespective of the two decision losses on his record.

I've got to say, as far as fighter hate goes, this is one of the more creative justifications that I've read here . Totally irrational and nonsensical, but creative nonetheless.

Last edited:
Your argument is disingenuous. I'm not talking about what he's done the last few years.
And you're simply looking for a reason to dislike Johnson, evident by your impartially constructed argument with a hilariously obvious intent.

This is a big reason some of us don't like MM. When it comes to close fights he's worse than Bendo.

The guy never loses even when he gets beat.
You're saying that you and "some" others don't like Johnson because of close fights he had over 5 years ago when he was working full-time in a factory and only training twice per week. And the fact that you're intentionally omitting his last 10 fights, in which he's been in his prime, to support the argument that he's "worse than Bendo" demonstrates the flaw in your argument and your obvious bias against Johnson. You're cherry picking data so that it fits your narrative.

wpid-wp-1417986212043.gif

Oh, I've got now. Mighty Mouse's entire championship run is down to his opponents and their camps implementing bad strategies because they know that it's impossible to win a decision against him irrespective of the two decision losses on his record.

I've got to say, as far as fighter hate goes, this is one of the more creative justifications that I've read here . Totally irrational and nonsensical, but creative nonetheless.
If anyone reeks of agenda on here it's you. I simply posted a small statement comparing MM to Bendo. That's it. I never expected people to tag me.

And you're simply looking for a reason to dislike Johnson, evident by your impartially constructed argument with a hilariously obvious intent.

You're saying that you and "some" others don't like Johnson because of close fights he had over 5 years ago when he was working full-time in a factory and only training twice per week. And the fact that you're intentionally omitting his last 10 fights, in which he's been in his prime, to support the argument that he's "worse than Bendo" demonstrates the flaw in your argument and your obvious bias against Johnson. You're cherry picking data so that it fits your narrative.

wpid-wp-1417986212043.gif
Nope.

MM has done well since 2013. But like I pointed out earlier to another shill... I mean... poster... His first fights at Flyweight were controversial.

The beginning of his legacy was built on sand.

Nope.

MM has done well since 2013. But like I pointed out earlier to another shill... I mean... poster... His first fights at Flyweight were controversial.

There was nothing controversial about the Joe B or Dodson fight. Almost everyone thought DJ won dominantly.

The only controversy has been against Torres and McCall. Torres should have been a draw and McCall should have gotten his over time round.

Outside of those 2 fights DJ has won every fight convincingly

I remember feeling aggrieved about the decision at the time. Haven't watched it since, I think it deserves a revisit when I get 20 minutes spare.

Torres wasn't that good and MM didn't belong at 135 to begin with.

Nope.

This is a big reason some of us don't like MM. When it comes to close fights he's worse than Bendo.

The guy never loses even when he gets beat.
Already moving the goal post? <Lmaoo>

You've admitted to not liking Johnson because he's "worse than Bendo", cherry picking fights to somehow apply it to his entire career, all the while ignoring the fact that any arguably close fight he's had at Flyweight, he won the rematches in dominating fashion, yet apparently your bias is preventing you from giving Johnson the credit for doing that.

Oh, and calling me a shill just further discredits the strength of your argument, it reeks of desperation ;).

Already moving the goal post? <Lmaoo>

You've admitted to not liking Johnson because he's "worse than Bendo", cherry picking fights to somehow apply it to his entire career, all the while ignoring the fact that any arguably close fight he's had at Flyweight, he won the rematches in dominating fashion, yet apparently your bias is preventing you from giving Johnson the credit for doing that.

Oh, and calling me a shill just further discredits the strength of your argument, it reeks of desperation ;).
I can't even take you seriously at this point. You (or others) accused me of hating DJ ITT. I never said I hate him. This is what I said:

"This is a big reason some of us don't like MM. When it comes to close fights he's worse than Bendo."

That's it. I am saying it's not just DJ's small stature, there are other reasons people don't like DJ. That's it. No hate. People like to say no one likes DJ because he's small. I am simply saying that is not the sole reason for not liking him.

Prove ITT where I said DJ cherry picks fights. Good luck.

All you do is lose arguments and then make crap up to save face. You've been exposed.

Last edited:
Back