Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

I would think manpower to be the least of your problems. If anything I would think the U.S. Air Force would hire contractors. Is that first truck carrying a mobile missile? Putting 'U.S. Air Force' on the side is not very smart. Do you know if Oklahoma has any missile silos?

Have you seen this? U.S. Air Force silos for sale in the U.S.:

Link: http://www.hardenedstructures.com/bunkers-for-Sale.php
Bunkers-for-Sale-image-9.jpg
Air Force can't contract that work out. The top truck carries the three rocket motors for a MMIII. It goes from horizontal to vertical to emplace down stages or remove down stages.
a-transportererector-vehicle-belonging-to-the-341st-missile-maintenance-squadron-c1ccae.jpg

US Air Force on the side or not, it's kinda hard to hide a truck like that.

I wouldn't buy one of those old solos or missile facilities. A lot of them are prone to flooding or have been flooded. Plus you need fresh air circulating constantly.

Best thing about doing Army Support was my ability to bitch about how shitty my army accommodations were despite the fact that they were inevitably better than what my army peers were rated. getting the Hardship pay on top of that was especially delicious. My first training base out of basic was Keesler AFB in Biloxi MS. We shared training space with Navy, CG, and a contingent of USMC we used to call the 'swoll patrol' for the way they always tried to puff up while walking past our training bays. Got in a pissing mach with some jarhead once who cracked about how AF basic was only 6 weeks. i remember countering that it doesnt take as long to teach an airman to walk straight, wash his hands and shave. i miss the ole inter-service days.

Best thing about doing Army Support was my ability to bitch about how shitty my army accommodations were despite the fact that they were inevitably better than what my army peers were rated. getting the Hardship pay on top of that was especially delicious. My first training base out of basic was Keesler AFB in Biloxi MS. We shared training space with Navy, CG, and a contingent of USMC we used to call the 'swoll patrol' for the way they always tried to puff up while walking past our training bays. Got in a pissing mach with some jarhead once who cracked about how AF basic was only 6 weeks. i remember countering that it doesnt take as long to teach an airman to walk straight, wash his hands and shave. i miss the ole inter-service days.
I went to Keesler AFB. By accident. Orders got messed up. I was suppose to stay at Lackland for tech school after basic but instead went to Keesler lol. I remember the dude who played the bagpipes in that huge common/training area outside the dorms (barracks for other services lmao).

I'm sure you served with tons of them in your time as a Ranger/infantry/ Civil affairs NCO/Officer. Why is I've yet to meet a phony who claims to be a truck driver that didn't make NCO?

I didn't make NCO. Got up to PFC (E-3) before going to OCS. I only went to Ranger school - got the tab. This was back when they only took Infantry guys. Today any MOS can apply for Ranger school. I was not with the Ranger Battalion. I was Light Infantry and later Stryker Infantry. Women soldiers I served with were in Civil Affairs. A few were very decent looking. Most made great soldiers.

Now, your 'wookie' below is sizzling hot! The E-5 kneeling down. That is one hot Marine DI. Kind of makes me want to go back through boot camp again. Not sure what a hot looking girl like that is doing in the U.S. Marines. I like the Marine mascot also. I've seen them from Lance Corporal all the way up to Sergeant. What a great job for a Private.

@jgarner

c3826949d9f1bc435e199a2e887be9af--the-marine-marine-corps.jpg

How explaining the laws of war makes me anti-military is beyond me. I'm no pacifist, but it's a job. Serving in the military means we have responsibilities regarding our conduct in theatre.

Ok, so we are back on this topic. It is like I said before, to me, during the conversation, at one point I thought you were either 'trolling' or arguing against the military. Again, that's just how I took it. The argument about how the enemy should not suffer and so on. I'm kind of sensitive when people start to talk shit about the military and guys that served. Like I said, I lost friends in Iraq and don't appreciate when people start with the 'no war', 'peace loving bullshit'. A lot of liberals look down on military service and people that have served. I usually give them a piece of my mind.

It's as simple as pulling up an MOL account or my Facebook. Or my "deployment book". It's really not hard at all to verify something this simple. And I know of another Ranger on the board who could actually probably answer those specific questions on Ranger school. I'm not sure if he wants that information out to the board though.

So, you've proven my point. Anyone can claim to have been in the military without a day in uniform. Not sure why your Ranger friend would not want to answer the 3 questions. Nothing secret about it.

1. What was unique about Ranger school in 1992 that has changed in 2017? Desert Phase. It was taken out in 1995. The school went from 68 days to 61 days. Than we go to the desert to fight a war in 2002.
2. Ranger Mountain Phase. What was the unique food that was served? Blueberry pancakes.
3. Ranger Swamp Phase. What was the unique food that was served? French toast.

The only thing I had to say about boots and Utes was that seems odd that Ranger school wouldn't include a lot of running in boots. We do that shit all the time from without the blouse to partially and fully geared. I'm just surprised you've never done it. Seems like Ranger school would be the place for it if anywhere. And yes, both my knees are shit now. I spent a lot of time doing rehab to get them feeling strong (hamstring work and mobility) but they still click a lot and just generally ache.

That's why your knees are shit now. You ran in boots. No Utes in my days. We did road marches in boots, but not the running. Plus your body goes to shit in Ranger school. You loose about 30 pounds. Little food and sleep for the duration. Unless you recycle. U.S. Navy SEALs get evenings and weekends off during BUDs training. The running is done during the 1st Phase at Ft. Benning. The RIs don't want you getting messed up (injuries) more than you have to, plus, I believe it is U.S. Army police that the PT uniform (foot gear) only includes sneakers.

@lfd0311

Ok, so we are back on this topic. It is like I said before, to me, during the conversation, at one point I thought you were either 'trolling' or arguing against the military. Again, that's just how I took it. The argument about how the enemy should not suffer and so on. I'm kind of sensitive when people start to talk shit about the military and guys that served. Like I said, I lost friends in Iraq and don't appreciate when people start with the 'no war', 'peace loving bullshit'. A lot of liberals look down on military service and people that have served. I usually give them a piece of my mind.

So, you've proven my point. Anyone can claim to have been in the military without a day in uniform. Not sure why your Ranger friend would not want to answer the 3 questions. Nothing secret about it.

1. What was unique about Ranger school in 1992 that has changed in 2017? Desert Phase. It was taken out in 1995. The school went from 68 days to 61 days. Than we go to the desert to fight a war in 2002.
2. Ranger Mountain Phase. What was the unique food that was served? Blueberry pancakes.
3. Ranger Swamp Phase. What was the unique food that was served? French toast.

That's why your knees are shit now. You ran in boots. No Utes in my days. We did road marches in boots, but not the running. Plus your body goes to shit in Ranger school. You loose about 30 pounds. Little food and sleep for the duration. Unless you recycle. U.S. Navy SEALs get evenings and weekends off during BUDs training. The running is done during the 1st Phase at Ft. Benning. The RIs don't want you getting messed up (injuries) more than you have to, plus, I believe it is U.S. Army police that the PT uniform (foot gear) only includes sneakers.

@lfd0311

You're still here? I thought you were going somewhere else? And I thought you weren't justifying you're military career to us?

The school went from 68 days to 61 days. Than we go to the desert to fight a war in 2002.

NOPE.

I didn't make NCO. Got up to PFC (E-3) before going to OCS. I only went to Ranger school - got the tab. This was back when they only took Infantry guys. Today any MOS can apply for Ranger school. I was not with the Ranger Battalion. I was Light Infantry and later Stryker Infantry. Women soldiers I served with were in Civil Affairs. A few were very decent looking. Most made great soldiers.

Now, your 'wookie' below is sizzling hot! The E-5 kneeling down. That is one hot Marine DI. Kind of makes me want to go back through boot camp again. Not sure what a hot looking girl like that is doing in the U.S. Marines. I like the Marine mascot also. I've seen them from Lance Corporal all the way up to Sergeant. What a great job for a Private.

@jgarner

c3826949d9f1bc435e199a2e887be9af--the-marine-marine-corps.jpg

How did you go to OCS as a PFC?

I actually talked with a vet friend of mine about why it seems the "stolen valor" type are always SEALs, Rangers, Green Berets, or Recon Marines and from his perspective of what was a boot grunt (82nd) he said "I think it's a combo hero worship and no one wants to say they were a truck driver as that doesn't get the hero worship they want and the vagina doesn't rip their panties off for that"

probably a bit late but as for the usage of WP in Iraq, i specifically remember doing 3 CDM's (chemical downwind message) when i was in Iraq. 2 were during Phantom Fury, and 1 was during some bullshit up in Narawa. Now that was odd to me because i had never, EVER done CDM before. Not in training, not in practice, not at all. I had to specifically get out my big book of procedures to even encode that shit. WP is literally the only thing i can think of, that would have a tasking order requesting an encoded CDM on an AO table unless somebody started slinging some NBC stuff around if THAT was the case im sure we would have heard about it.

So in short? im not saying we used WP in iraq because i sure as shit didnt SEE any getting used, but i certainly did a lot of paperwork that would indicate that at 3 points, we used something that was chemical in nature, effected by winds, easily dispersed, and whose effects lasted less than 6 hours

im-not-saying-it-was-willy-pete-but-it-was-willy-pete.jpg

I actually talked with a vet friend of mine about why it seems the "stolen valor" type are always SEALs, Rangers, Green Berets, or Recon Marines and from his perspective of what was a boot grunt (82nd) he said "I think it's a combo hero worship and no one wants to say they were a truck driver as that doesn't get the hero worship they want and the vagina doesn't rip their panties off for that"

Well.... yeah...

actually ran into a stolen valor dude once at Langley. Guy was claiming he was SOWT which interested the hell out of me. He was clever enough to use a unit that isnt famous or recognizable but like always, didnt do enough research to get the specifics down.

actually ran into a stolen valor dude once at Langley. Guy was claiming he was SOWT which interested the hell out of me. He was clever enough to use a unit that isnt famous or recognizable but like always, didnt do enough research to get the specifics down.
I saw a guy that a Marine friend of mine, well, confronted is the only word I can think of but it wasn't like he got in the guy's face all intense and shit but the guy was claiming to be SWCC.

Wait, guy was claiming to basically be a weatherman? Interesting.

I saw a guy that a Marine friend of mine, well, confronted is the only word I can think of but it wasn't like he got in the guy's face all intense and shit but the guy was claiming to be SWCC.

Wait, guy was claiming to basically be a weatherman? Interesting.
yeah, see. thats the new hotness. You dont claim to be a Ranger or SEAL or Delta. thats too common. You pretend to be SWCC, SOWT, or LRS. It seems more legit because nobody pretends to be shit nobody has ever heard of, and when they look it up its just as 'bad ass leet tacticool' as the more mainstream stuff...

yeah, see. thats the new hotness. You dont claim to be a Ranger or SEAL or Delta. thats too common. You pretend to be SWCC, SOWT, or LRS. It seems more legit because nobody pretends to be shit nobody has ever heard of, and when they look it up its just as 'bad ass leet tacticool' as the more mainstream stuff...
I should claim to be a truck driver.

I should claim to be a truck driver.
if i had known then what i know now, id have gone in as a services guy. handing out basketballs and towels at the gym for 20 years, never deploying, easy promotion cycles, and my knees still functioning.

if i had known then what i know now, id have gone in as a services guy. handing out basketballs and towels at the gym for 20 years, never deploying, easy promotion cycles, and my knees still functioning.
You sound the opposite of my friend that was 82nd who's hoping we go into NK so he has an excuse to re-enlist as infantry.

You sound the opposite of my friend that was 82nd who's hoping we go into NK so he has an excuse to re-enlist as infantry.
ive done 5 combat deployments and 2 non-com. My knees and back hurt and my right arm has nerve damage. Got a kid who just started school and now im a single dad. Ive had my fun. I DO miss being in, but im happy to be out if that makes any sense. if i was 27 and single again i would certainly be chomping at the bit to get me some of that spicy nork action though.

ive done 5 combat deployments and 2 non-com. My knees and back hurt and my right arm has nerve damage. Got a kid who just started school and now im a single dad. Ive had my fun. I DO miss being in, but im happy to be out if that makes any sense. if i was 27 and single again i would certainly be chomping at the bit to get me some of that spicy nork action though.
My buddy just turned 30 and has two children and is a single dad so I've always been confused as to how he would want to re-enlist in a combat role.

Back