MINDHUNTER Series Discussion

This show is INCREDIBLE!

Its like Silence of the Lambs meets True Detective, but completely based in reality.

10/10

The title is a bit cheesy... Mindhunter! Sounds like a 80s sci-fi starring Robert Zdar..

The title is a bit cheesy... Mindhunter! Sounds like a 80s sci-fi starring Robert Zdar..

It's named after the book. And given what it's about, I can't think of a better title.

He has another book, "The Cases That Haunt Us," I believe it's called. Where he tries to solve some famous cases like the Lindberg baby and Jon Benet Ramsey. Also a good read.

That sounds pretty interesting. I think he does a profile on Jack The Ripper at the end of 'Mindhunter' if I'm not mistaken.

I didn't realize this is out now! I'll definitely check this out this week. The trailer looked really good.

Looks pretty interesting.

Fincher being involved means that it should almost certainly be good. He's had very few missteps in his career and is probably one of the top 10 directors working today.

You think there are possibly ten better directors today?

This show is INCREDIBLE!

Its like Silence of the Lambs meets True Detective, but completely based in reality.

10/10

So far it's been great. I'm only 6 episodes in though, but what I've seen thus far has been awesome.

That sounds pretty interesting. I think he does a profile on Jack The Ripper at the end of 'Mindhunter' if I'm not mistaken.

If I remember right, he does. But I don't remember the conclusion he came to, since it's been a while since I've read that portion of the book. It's a great read though if you're into that subject matter.

Only 2 episodes in and absolutely love it so far. Hopefully the quality of each episode holds up without fincher directing.

How can you hunt something as abstract as a mind?

Sounds pretty crazy right? But it's real. By interviewing real captured serial killers these guys were able to learn how to profile active ones during ongoing investigations. They got so good at it that they could call out little quirks in their personalities like if they had a stutter or a troubled relationship with their mother. Essentially they had to learn how people like this think because there weren't eye witnesses or anything like that. And most SK's are very intelligent.

All of it is real too. The book is written by John Douglas, who helped found the 1st forensic profiling unit in the FBI. Edmund Kemper is one of the main serial killers he interviewed to help start all of this.

How can you hunt something as abstract as a mind?

Where does Wind go when it's Gone? And how could it be Inherited? Fiction can't possibly be made of Pulp. It's also impossible to Trek upon a Star, much less have a War with one. And I would never recommend making a Club out of your Breakfast.

Just finished episode number 2. This is great. The dialogue with Kemper was fascinating, yet i felt slightly tense. The show really draws me in. Can't wait to see who they talk to next.

Where does Wind go when it's Gone? And how could it be Inherited? Fiction can't possibly be made of Pulp. It's also impossible to Trek upon a Star, much less have a War with one. And I would never recommend making a Club out of your Breakfast.

Your so clever answer never answered the question..

Sounds pretty crazy right? But it's real. By interviewing real captured serial killers these guys were able to learn how to profile active ones during ongoing investigations. They got so good at it that they could call out little quirks in their personalities like if they had a stutter or a troubled relationship with their mother. Essentially they had to learn how people like this think because there weren't eye witnesses or anything like that. And most SK's are very intelligent.

All of it is real too. The book is written by John Douglas, who helped found the 1st forensic profiling unit in the FBI. Edmund Kemper is one of the main serial killers he interviewed to help start all of this.

It's also symbolic of Holdrrs sk-like compulsion to hunt down more killers to either pick their brains or use their knowledge to manipulate suspects in ongoing investigations

So far it's been great. I'm only 6 episodes in though, but what I've seen thus far has been awesome.

Nice. Me and my chick plan on starting in on watching it tonight. They couldn't have picked a better time to release this show imo. I also love how Netflix releases entire seasons in one shot so one can binge.

Your so clever answer never answered the question..

Sure it did. They aren't literally hunting down a mind.

But if you want the boring answer, you figure out the characteristics of the person based on their actions, and then look for people with those characteristics.

Watched the pilot. Pretty good start. I like how it focuses less on the killers and more on the process of deconstructing them.

Crushed the first 6 episodes

fucking love it...super engaging

Nice. Me and my chick plan on starting in on watching it tonight. They couldn't have picked a better time to release this show imo. I also love how Netflix releases entire seasons in one shot so one can binge.

Right on. If you love the subject matter, you'll like the show. It's about getting the BAU started and how they did it. I hope you enjoy it!

Back