movies where you had low expectations but were surprised with how good they were

@revoltub you should add the foreigner to your list of revenge movies bud

I've seen some of it didnt finish it one of these days I'll watch it through. JC was pretty good in it though from what I remember. Also yes I've seen taken

The Tomorrow War. Heard it got horrible reviews but it was a good entertaining popcorn flick.

Agreed 100%. Very underrated movie. I thought it was like a throwback 90s kind of film.

The gift (2000) I thought was just a film to see naked Katie holmes but it ended up being a pretty good movie with good cast.

Searching I thought would be like a dumb gimmick movie but it's very good mystery thriller.

Predestination I was expecting something dumb fun but it ended up being imo simply an amazing film.

Kindergarden cop I was expecting a decent dumb action star meets kids movie but it was surprisingly entertaining as an action film as well as a comedy. Ended being pretty shocked at how much I liked it.

51vlavgBIsL.jpg

This movie is great

But shame for questioning cage.

Agreed 100%. Very underrated movie. I thought it was like a throwback 90s kind of film.

The gift (2000) I thought was just a film to see naked Katie holmes but it ended up being a pretty good movie with good cast.

Searching I thought would be like a dumb gimmick movie but it's very good mystery thriller.

Predestination I was expecting something dumb fun but it ended up being imo simply an amazing film.

Kindergarden cop I was expecting a decent dumb action star meets kids movie but it was surprisingly entertaining as an action film as well as a comedy. Ended being pretty shocked at how much I liked it.
Agreed on searching and kindergarten cop

Detroit Rock City
d0a05704fa0ddba5c3315d689a543501.jpg

I expected it to be shit but walked away actually quite liking it.

Replacing Bruce Lee with cardboard cutouts and scenes from previous films was so stupid, but there were still some great fight scenes. Loved the one with bob wall in the locker room.
My favorite one was this one:

The soundtrack was also great.

White Men Can't Jump I expected to be really shit cos I couldn't fathom a film with those 2 in I hadn't heard of yet, especially about basketball! It's on the list of films I could watch almost any time any day with Jumpin' Jack Flash and most Bruce Willis 90's films.

Might have something to do with the fact I think they are all sexy bastards
21572b90c5f94eb8a75d6e87433ee7cd--wesley-snipes-woody.jpg

Last edited:
Thought this was gonna be just like some direct to video taken ripoff but it was very good

Fuck yes, watching this ASAP. Jackie is the GOAT.

Oh, one of the ultimate examples for me.
51fF1rcm-yL._AC_.jpg

Don't think I'm saying anything wild here, man, it's not like the Rocky movies are masterpieces or anything, just guilty pleasure shit with a juiced up dude being a punch sponge.

That's why I was so surprised the one that started it all was actually a very good movie. Watched Rocky IV on cable TV before watching any of the others and man is that movie bad.
I mean, your not wrong to say the original is by far the best. But the others are good movies as well. Well, not part 5. You are right, they aren’t masterpieces in the Oscar winning sense (1 is though), but you are the first person I have heard to say you didn’t like them and thought they bad.

I mean, your not wrong to say the original is by far the best. But the others are good movies as well. Well, not part 5. You are right, they aren’t masterpieces in the Oscar winning sense (1 is though), but you are the first person I have heard to say you didn’t like them and thought they bad.

Ehhh I don't really mind the Oscar winning stuff as many bad movies won those (to me at least... stuff like Chicago or Shakespeare in Love) and many great movies get snubbed.

Guess I'm being snubbish here, I do enjoy many movies that aren't accolade baiting stuff (my fav piece of TV is the 1st season of Spartacus...), just the Rocky movies aren't for me. Well except the 1st one.

I watched this recently. I remembered it as just another 90s era popcorn flick. It's actually a damn good movie that does a great job building suspense.

p19312_p_v8_ab.jpg

Back