Naoya Inoue, the best teenage prospect?

when has is it ever shown real boxing knowledge or history?

the dempsey roll isnt a real thing you know
having super powerful toes isnt going to give you the ability to ko people but you will be limited because your super developed movements will be too much of a strain on your joints.
and every time i have seen a clip of the anime from the fights it is just like a recreation of rock em sock em robots
also no need to put cliches in quotes when they are cliches

yep

righto again

lol i actually like this about the japanese you get all these butthurt stories from guys who go there and expect to get accepted right away and end up finding out what life is like as a minority

hes definetley a live body which is great inoue has now challenged himself more than gary russel jr has
its hard to tell real talent though when your so much better than the opponent
still i like the looks of this fight

The Dempsey roll IS a real thing it is jsut exaggarated in the anime but it is a real thing and it kinda shows that the creator of the manga is really a big boxing fan at least big enough to watch old film of Dempsey.

The toe thing if yout ake it literal isn't true of course but it is right at the same time since you get the pwoer from your feet and is basically just an exaggarated way of saying that. Of course things are exaggarated it's a fucking cartoon but the things aren't "wrong" through and through.

Nonito Donaire is a big fan of the anime"manga.
it's a fucking anime if you expect it to be 100% realistic then I don't knwo you msut be a super fun and creative person to be around with. There a thing like artistic creativity you know since it's a fucking cartoon and not a documentary

Hajime No Ippo is the most detailed and realistic film or series you'll find about boxing it is more realistic than any film like Rocky or other series. Well there's another boxing anime but it's really old that is great as well, still.

It's exaggarated but it DID exist

[YT]32dHzQR9OKg[/YT]

Hell Donaire even though he surely tried it on purpose with the anime in mind managed to hurt an opponent with it

[YT]hVmnO9cd_uA[/YT]

if you don't like it sure but saying that it's bad as an anime or even as a tv series is just wrong and it's even more wrong to claim that the creator isn't a huge boxing fan and not just some guy who decided to make an anime and it ahppens to be about boxing

I also don't find the way blacks are in Japanese cartoons racist at least not in the same way as it would be somewhere else it's more a thing of naivity.
They simply draw it the way they see and and foreigners especially ina country with as little immigration as Japan they simply find more differences.
But it isn't racist in a "hey look how black people look" way they just draw it and since it's a cartoon everything is axaggarated. people don't have huge eyes like in animes either and they draw themselves with caucasion eyes so do they hate Asians?
No they simply exaggarate certain things and take artistic liberties they don't draw blacks that way in a hateful way for them it's harmless to portay blacks that way since they don't have a history of oppressing them for centuries if slavery and stuff like that hadn't happened people elsewhere wouldn't be so careful either.

And back to the original topic yes he's young and shows certainly great skills too bad that fighters at that weight get little exposure outside of Japan because the Japanese and Thai boxing scene has always been a little bit secluded from the rest of the world

Last edited:
word is that gonzalez either wanted Sosa or the Narvaez/Inoue winner. I'd love to see a fight with Inoue

Yes! Congratulations to Inoue!

Anyone know his opponent? I don't know much about that weightclass. His record is impressive, but the way Inoue handled him, I'm wondering if he is over the hill?

Oh, and Inoue has a beautiful left hook. It's awesome. Amazing performance.

Yes! Congratulations to Inoue!

Anyone know his opponent? I don't know much about that weightclass. His record is impressive, but the way Inoue handled him, I'm wondering if he is over the hill?

Oh, and Inoue has a beautiful left hook. It's awesome. Amazing performance.

Narvaez had a very good performance in his last fight against an opponent he previously struggled against and hadn't showed any signs of slowing down recently despite his age.

Narvaez had a very good performance in his last fight against an opponent he previously struggled against and hadn't showed any signs of slowing down recently despite his age.

I see. Thanks. Seems like Narvaez got caught sleeping then and never really got into the fight.

That aside, Inoue is a great boxer. I really like his style and grit.

Well it shows boxing knowledge like so: When Ippo has to catch the leaves in the beginning with the jab, his breakthrough comes from noticing how Takamura relaxes his hand and shoulder completely before throwing it. Proper torque and twist on the hips when throwing the right hand, how the power comes from the legs and ground, chopping wood, roadwork, skipping, using faints, showing real moves, practicing with tennis balls, strengthening your feet by running in sand, I could go on and on.

It shows history by mentioning real boxers from old, like Dempsey and Tyson and how the different cultures primarily fights. Mentions the peekaboo style as well. The Japanese spirit. I can't remember it all.

Of course it's going to be exaggerated, it's a cartoon! It's not the history channel. And yes most of the fights are portrayed as hellish slugmatches, but that's half the fun.

You say you've seen "a clip from the Anime", so I take it you haven't seen the whole thing? Maybe not even several episodes?

The anime is great, but the manga has turned to shit. Ashita no Joe was better, but hasn't aged well and RRR is by far the better manga (to Ippo), an anime would be great.

Orocuta was nothing special, not even top 3 of mexican superflyweights.
Anyway Narvaez had been extremely protected, the only reason he stayed unbeaten was because he always fought in his hometown, he was the best 115 pounder by virtue of everyone else knocking each other off, he never beat anyone to earn that spot. Hell his best win this decade is probably cesar seda
Still Inoue made him look like a bum and i was extremely impressed.

The anime is great, but the manga has turned to shit. Ashita no Joe was better, but hasn't aged well and RRR is by far the better manga (to Ippo), an anime would be great.

I don't haven't read the manga
Yeah Ashita no Joe was the other anime they should remake it.
What's RRR?

Honestly the way Narvaez went down on the last punch especially, wouldn't be surprised if it was fixed

Honestly the way Narvaez went down on the last punch especially, wouldn't be surprised if it was fixed

I don't know how you can fix this:

D4TnxU.gif

I don't haven't read the manga
Yeah Ashita no Joe was the other anime they should remake it.
What's RRR?

RRR summary:

Rikitaro is a musician whose dream is to become a rock star just like Jimi Hendrix or Jim Morrison, but at the age of 27 that dream is fading away rapidly. Ooishi is a 3 time world boxing champion who recently retired and is now in the entertainment world, shooting a boxing reality show. These two unlikeliest of people cross paths one day but both of them think nothing of it until weeks later. Rikitaro is given one last shot by a record label to sign a deal but before that, they need him to get into better shape so that he is easier to sell. He stumbles upon a boxing gym which also happens to be the same gym Ooishi is filming his show. As fate

ummm, he took like 4 good liver shots before that. i just think naoya caught him good right off the bat and narvaez was never able to recover and get in his groove

what is rrr?

Indeed he is! An emerging boxing prospect with a an impressive fighting record.

Total fights 8
Wins 8
Wins by KO 7
Losses 0
Draws 0

TS made a great call. Inoue is now 16-0 w/ 14 KO's. He's a beast!

not to mention 3 weight world champ, and having jumped over a class.

naoya is the future.
He's got to be the favorite heading into the WBSS
I figure Inoue and Zolani Tete would be in the finals if they're on opposite brackets.

Back