NBA urges players to voice themselves on social issues.

Are we likely to see the NBA promoting social justice this season?

• Total voters
Why are right wingers so triggered about this? You snowflakes need a safe space?

Cant sports just be sports dude. Like is there any one place where it would be all right if I didnt have to hear about how immigrants are ruining the country everyone is a racist the police at all or some fucking communist lecture ?

like is it ok if I shut down the politics section of my mind now and again ?

I agree. The NBA should also be forced to have a minimum 30% female demographic on each team. The league has been sexist for far too long.

That's fine.

Just don't do it at the games.

LOL. They'll be encouraged to speak their mind until they say something that's somewhere to the right of Chairman Mao and then Adam Silver will be like "oy vey shut it down!"

:cool:

Good for the NBA to not try to control it's players for the betterment of it's sponsors. Totally opposite attitude that is demonstrated by the NFL.

I took a knee during the National Anthem wowww I'm soo edgy.

Why do none of the black athletes speak out against black on black violence? Or the lack of co-operation with Police in black communities?

Some do.

All good and fine, but the guy who speaks out about thinking it is wrong to take down Confederate statues and supports the trans military ban better be treated the same way as the guy defending BLM rioting and calling for the disarming of the police. I won't hold my breath for these guys even having a platform though.

The NBA and NFL sorta has a thug culture. You'll see some seemingly well raised black men get to the league and then decide that they have to get street cred and tattoo up so much of their body. Even many of the white guys do that too. Then some are also getting in trouble with the law
I'd say the NHL has more of a thug culture. Funny how nobody ever says that, though. ;)

LOL. They'll be encouraged to speak their mind until they say something that's somewhere to the right of Chairman Mao and then Adam Silver will be like "oy vey shut it down!"

:cool:

Yep. Gotta love the smug assumption that everyone in the NBA is a progressive.

Encouraging a bunch of meat head, alpha male athletes to speak up more on political and social issues? What could go wrong?

It's there right to.

And it's the right of the people that don't like it vote with their money.

Good for the NBA to not try to control it's players for the betterment of it's sponsors. Totally opposite attitude that is demonstrated by the NFL.

Did it occur to you that it might be for the benifit of its fans ? I dont wanna hear it at all from either sides during certain times . Its not apropriate and turning everything political makes most things less fun and is going to turn off a huge chunk of folks no matter what values they spit. I dont want to hear about police brutality , jesus , abortion the cops or any of it. Just sell me some shitty beer and some shitty food and play the god damned game

Playing politics with every waking hour isnt creating a better world its just dividing folks up and makin people angry

I love hockey you know Henrik zetterberg ? I got no idea who he fuckin votes for and I would actually prefer it stays that way

This is the big reason that viewership of professional sports is significantly down. People want to root for a hero and this is getting more difficult to find in today's professional sports!
True and also the escapism aspect. Dave Rubin has talked about how he used to watch the NBA on TNT religiously as an escape from talking politics during his day job, but now he can't because all they do is talk politics in between the games now.

I took a knee during the National Anthem wowww I'm soo edgy.

Why do none of the black athletes speak out against black on black violence? Or the lack of co-operation with Police in black communities?
Charles Barkley did and was called an Uncle Tom.

Gotta love black on black racism.

All good and fine, but the guy who speaks out about thinking it is wrong to take down Confederate statues and supports the trans military ban better be treated the same way as the guy defending BLM rioting and calling for the disarming of the police. I won't hold my breath for these guys even having a platform though.

oh you know as soon as some one says something about trans or gays or immigrants or on the day of a terrorist attack that program is getting shut down. This is for talking about racism and the police and we all know it

I can understand the league wanting to police slurs and outright offensive statements like John Rocker and Allen Iverson made, but someone simply stating a viewpoint or ideology shouldn't be policed or really even objectionable.

Cant sports just be sports dude. Like is there any one place where it would be all right if I didnt have to hear about how immigrants are ruining the country everyone is a racist the police at all or some fucking communist lecture ?

like is it ok if I shut down the politics section of my mind now and again ?

Sure, you can no problem.

But if you're requesting a space where people can accommodate your needs, then it sounds like you're asking for a safe space. Grow a thicker skin?

Everyone wants to act like their safe space is somehow different, doesn't work that way.

Sure, you can no problem.

But if you're requesting a space where people can accommodate your needs, then it sounds like you're asking for a safe space. Grow a thicker skin?

Everyone wants to act like their safe space is somehow different, doesn't work that way.

Sure now why do we need to turn sports into a political forum where meatheads tell us how it is and end up annoying the shit out of everyone

Is it appropriate to blast out politics all day every day everywhere and is that good for society ? the current results look like it just creates a bunch of angry people that instead of talking about the game gotta go on about what so and so said and it all seems fuckin lame to me.

Im not asking for a safe space bro I just want to know if we need another arena to fight in and was wondering if everyone was exhausted of it yet

Last edited:
Sure now why do we need to turn sports into a political forum where meatheads tell us how it is and end annoying the shit out of everyone

Is it appropriate to blast out politics all day every day everywhere and is that good for society ? the current results look like it just creates a bunch of angry people that instead of talking about the game gotta go on about what so and so said and it all seems fuckin lame to me.

Im not asking for a safe space bro I just want to know if we need another arena to fight in and was wondering if everyone was exhausted of it yet

See Chris, I understand that you think that politicos don't have anything to add to sports, but this is America and it would be discriminatory if you were to exclude them. It doesn't matter if they want to derail the game with protests or have nothing to add to your enjoyment, it would be sports segregation otherwise. So unless you support safe spaces like a triggered snowflake, you're going to let them in the event and deal with whatever baggage they bring with them, and like it.

There are no battlefields, there's only free speech and not free speech. Stop contributing to politico genocide.

espnapi_mag_nbasilver01_py_576x324_wmain.jpg

espnapi_dm_140415_nba_adam_silver_facetoface_wmain.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back