NFL Discussion: Burn it down

Who gets fired first?

• Jason Garrett

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the Patriots will pick him up

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25034114/new-york-jets-release-injured-wr-terrelle-pryor
Jets release injured WR Terrelle Pryor, could re-sign him

The New York Jets released injured wide receiver Terrelle Pryor on Saturday, the team announced.

Pryor has a tear in his groin and is expected to miss about two weeks.

The Jets are interested in bringing Pryor back when he is healthy, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter, but other teams also are likely to be interested.

The former Ohio State quarterback caught a touchdown pass in each of the Jets' past two games, against the Broncos and Colts. He has 14 receptions for 235 yards on the season.

Pryor had only 20 receptions for 240 yards and one touchdown in nine games for the Washington Redskins in 2017.

He signed a one-year, $4.5 million deal, which included a $1 million signing bonus, with the Jets in March.

On Thursday, Pryor expressed confidence in his ability to contribute.

"If I play this week -- hopefully, I do -- I'll come back and dominate and do what I gotta do," Pryor told ESPN. "... I'm a playmaker. Throw me the ball and I'll make it happen."

Pryor has battled injuries since signing with the Jets. In the spring, he fractured an ankle and required surgery, which cost him most of the preseason. The Jets never disclosed the injury. Pryor revealed the nature of the injury in August, resulting in a stern rebuke from coach Todd Bowles.

The Jets replaced Pryor on the roster by signing rookie wide receiver Deontay Burnett from the practice squad. Burnett was Sam Darnold's teammate at USC.

The wide receiver corps is banged up, and the Jets need bodies. The only healthy receivers are Robby Anderson, Jermaine Kearse, Andre Roberts and Charone Peake. Roberts and Peake are mainly special-teams players.

Good, fuck him
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ls-fined-112000-hits-pittsburgh-steelers-game
Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict fined $112,000 for hits vs. Steelers
Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict was fined $112,000 for multiple plays that constituted unnecessary roughness in Cincinnati's Week 6 game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Antonio Brown and running back James Conner during the third quarter.

Brown caught a pass over the middle and was tackled by two Bengals defenders when Burfict flew in with his right elbow, connecting with Brown's upper body and head area. Brown was down on the turf for a few seconds and was evaluated by the team on the sideline before re-entering the game. After the game, Brown called the play a "nasty hit."

Burfict has been fined more than $415,000 during his NFL career. The latest sanction is the 11th time he has been fined in his seven NFL seasons.

He also has been suspended twice for a total of six games, including a three-game ban for a hit on Brown during a 2016 playoff game.

Marcus Gilbert said earlier this week. "It could have been a costly penalty right there. Who knows? He should be suspended for that hit. We'll see. But he's too good of a football player to be missing games like that."

Around the NFL, Seattle Seahawks safety Bradley McDougald was fined $26,739 for unnecessary roughness on a hit on Oakland Raiders wide receiver Amari Cooper.

Matt Ryan fucking sucks. Half the Sports Bar would be where he is with those weapons.
I think GB fans hate Ryan because hes not always injured like Rodgers lol.

Weapons is plural. Who are these amazing weapons outside of Julio?

Amari Cooper wants to be a top paid receiver before his 5th year option.

Rofl. Eat fucking shit you mental midget butter finger brick handed piece of trash.

One of the best in a while lmao

Why are you even here? Your team is going to irrelevant for eternity.

Matt Ryan only struggled when he didn't have an o-line. Matt Ryan in the Red Zone is a play calling problem with Sarkisian not Matt Ryan. You could make the argument he should be calling an audible but it's working for other players.

There's some questionable play calling for sure, but half the time he's tossing it out the back of the end zone.

Matt Ryan only struggled when he didn't have an o-line. Matt Ryan in the Red Zone is a play calling problem with Sarkisian not Matt Ryan. You could make the argument he should be calling an audible but it's working for other players.
Ryan has 10 passing and 2 rushing tds in the redzone this year. Doing just fine in the red zone.

Tired of Ryan torching them

Ryan has 10 passing and 2 rushing tds in the redzone this year. Doing just fine in the red zone.

When your defense is giving up almost 50 points per game it’s not a surprise that the quarterback scores a lot.

When your defense is giving up almost 50 points per game it’s not a surprise that the quarterback scores a lot.
It’s gotten to the point we make bets on which player on defense will get hurt each game.

Status
Not open for further replies.