NFL Discussion v.56: F--- Yo' 6-0

Who wins first?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So viewership is down 7.5% compared to last year... which wasn’t good in comparison to 2015. Enjoy the decline.

Can’t wait to see how badly Disney drops when they figure out the decline in ESPN.
Funny you mention that. They're actually increasing steadily. Down 12% from last year at the start of the season. Now down 7%.

I love football, but it doesn't bother me if they are down. We got less/shorter commercial breaks because of last years down ratings. I'm down for the product being improved again because less people are watching.

Are these all time lows? Or greater lows than 20 or 10 years ago? I'm not making an argument, I just want to know and don't want to look it up. Football has been on for a long time and I would guess that there have been times when viewership dropped. Was it at an all time high in 2015?
Absolutely no surprise viewership was at an all time high when the Broncos were rolling through everyone en route to another chip.

Truly America's Team.

Lot of major players done for the year to go alongside all this stupid protest shit. Meh.

A lot of factors. The usual elite teams look flawed like the Patriots and Steelers, some people aren't watching because Kaep isn't signed, some aren't watching because of the kneeling, some don't like the rule changes, and a bit of over-saturation.

Absolutely no surprise viewership was at an all time high when the Broncos were rolling through everyone en route to another chip.

Truly America's Team.

Exciting team with Manning at the helm. A true flash in the pan lol

A lot of factors. The usual elite teams look flawed like the Patriots and Steelers, some people aren't watching because Kaep isn't signed, some aren't watching because of the kneeling, some don't like the rule changes, and a bit of over-saturation.
I honestly think the parity we've seen this year will start bringing people back. Not one team looks elite this year and that tends to make shit a lot more exciting. I've loved the last few weeks minus last Sunday night.

Eagles and KC are elite

Eagles fixing to go 8-1 into a bye week if things go smoothly

Luckily outside of Thomas and Kam they aren't that amazing anymore. Sherman keeps getting turned around on plays to the point it's kinda lulzy.
Erroneous statement.

Sherm is still playing at an all pro level, and eliminating his side of the field.

Of course he will give up a few plays here and there as everyone will with the rule set, but calling his play "lulzy" while not just sounding fruity, is also completely wrong.

More evidence to the fact that you aren't quite sure what you're watching, Kam is the one that is having a down(by his standards) year.

I honestly think the parity we've seen this year will start bringing people back. Not one team looks elite this year and that tends to make shit a lot more exciting. I've loved the last few weeks minus last Sunday night.
I think the parity is both good and bad. Good for small market teams because they also get to feel like they have a shot, but also bad because I think you need a couple of dominant teams.

I don't want only 2 dominant teams and the rest don't have a chance like last year in the NBA.
Everyone knew at the beginning of the year who would be in the finals.
The regular season might as well have just been Warios vs the calvaries for 82 games on a USA tour and then have a best of 7 series for the "championship."

I'd much rather have 4 dominant teams, some really good teams, a couple of "any given Sunday" teams, and then some teams like the browns where the better teams basically get to practice new plays against them while they run the score up.

Another incredible, mind blowing example would be MMA.

I enjoyed it a lot more when they had more style vs style type of fights. Then GSP came along with his well rounded skill set of how to wrap people up on the ground like a sleeping bag so he could control them and face as little risk as possible.

Other "fighters" saw GSPenis's success and tried to emulate him(without the brutally over the top JCVD accent, thank Christ) and everyone pretty much fought the same.

Shit is boring now.

***Sorry if this doesn't make much sense. I just got off work as I covered for some assbag who didn't show up for his overnight shift because Overtime and shit.
I'm running on fumes.

So viewership is down 7.5% compared to last year... which wasn’t good in comparison to 2015. Enjoy the decline.

Can’t wait to see how badly Disney drops when they figure out the decline in ESPN.
Cord cutting
Commercials
Some people think the game is rigged
Some hate that fantasy football influence s the game
2 natural disasters

Hasn't football been declining in viewership for awhile?

Ya, I dont give a fuck either way lol. Ill keep happily watching.

Overall I think the ratings come down to "Who are you watching, other than your favorite team?". Over the last ten years, the league was fortunate to have storylines that made care. Rise of fantasy football, Brady vs Manning, NO after the storm putting up video game numbers, divisional rivalries like Steelers vs Ravens and 49ers vs Seahawks for a short bit. Right now i think a lot of people are watching out of habit.

I think the parity is both good and bad. Good for small market teams because they also get to feel like they have a shot, but also bad because I think you need a couple of dominant teams.

I don't want only 2 dominant teams and the rest don't have a chance like last year in the NBA.
Everyone knew at the beginning of the year who would be in the finals.
The regular season might as well have just been Warios vs the calvaries for 82 games on a USA tour and then have a best of 7 series for the "championship."

I'd much rather have 4 dominant teams, some really good teams, a couple of "any given Sunday" teams, and then some teams like the browns where the better teams basically get to practice new plays against them while they run the score up.

Another incredible, mind blowing example would be MMA.

I enjoyed it a lot more when they had more style vs style type of fights. Then GSP came along with his well rounded skill set of how to wrap people up on the ground like a sleeping bag so he could control them and face as little risk as possible.

Other "fighters" saw GSPenis's success and tried to emulate him(without the brutally over the top JCVD accent, thank Christ) and everyone pretty much fought the same.

Shit is boring now.

***Sorry if this doesn't make much sense. I just got off work as I covered for some assbag who didn't show up for his overnight shift because Overtime and shit.
I'm running on fumes.
I can see that side of it. Seeing two dominant teams meet in the playoffs is usually pretty awesome.

We've had that for a while now though and it's refreshing seeing something new. It's created some of the most fun games I've seen in a while. Feels like they've been more competitive across the board and the amount of upsets this year has been crazy. If it keeps up like this the playoffs are going to be a crapshoot to see who comes out on top.

Overall I think the ratings come down to "Who are you watching, other than your favorite team?". Over the last ten years, the league was fortunate to have storylines that made care. Rise of fantasy football, Brady vs Manning, NO after the storm putting up video game numbers, divisional rivalries like Steelers vs Ravens and 49ers vs Seahawks for a short bit. Right now i think a lot of people are watching out of habit.

Pro sports in general has always counted on tradition and habit as part of their marketing. I think the NFL thought it was a little too invincible, especially when it comes to commercials and all the boring talking heads they trot out. This generation is perfectly happy checking out the highlights after a game, which honestly seems fine sometimes. Foootball games can drag big time.

Eagles and KC are elite

Eagles fixing to go 8-1 into a bye week if things go smoothly
Chiefs will probably lose to Oakland Thursday. I still think they win the west but they won't get past the second round because Andy Reid.

Damnit.....

Cracraft is just practice squad.

I can see that side of it. Seeing two dominant teams meet in the playoffs is usually pretty awesome.

We've had that for a while now though and it's refreshing seeing something new. It's created some of the most fun games I've seen in a while. Feels like they've been more competitive across the board and the amount of upsets this year has been crazy. If it keeps up like this the playoffs are going to be a crapshoot to see who comes out on top.
Yeah absolutely, 100% agree.
Regardless of how the league is, the Seahawks always make games too damn close and I'm stuck with the bubbleguts for the entire 4th.

I'm awesome to watch games with hahahaha

Someone was on the radio saying they had a playoff roster even without Rodgers and I started laughing. Doubt they can win a game without him actually.

We have so many injuries on a defense that wasn't good to start with. We are playing the backups backups. The offense needs to take time off the clock and score on every possession. Not easy when the entire offensive line is injured or out. Starting running back is a converted receiver playing with three broken ribs.

People complain that we don't sign free agents. We signed Martellus Bennet but he has too many dropped balls. Winning at this point without Rodgers would be very difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back