Nick Diaz : I think it’s rude for the UFC to lowball me.

I have no problem with fighters negotiating for the right deal but the masvidal fight makes sense to me in terms of match-ups & rank

It’s crazy, the amount of times nate turns down fights: I know your right about they can say no but I’d just get rid of them both. Not worth the hassle

I get it
I get all sides

I can see fans being annoyed that a fighter that hasn't fought in years & lost his last several fights is looking for a raise & I get a fighter saying X-amount is what it is worth for me to come back.

I just try to qualify the reality according to what has to be done/offered due to contracts

EDIT: No reason to get rid of them. If they do they can fight elsewhere

you guys are always talking about "so what if he got paid $5 for his last fight he signed the contract didn't he?", well nick is the only one with balls enough to say fuck you i am not fighting until i am paid well
So he never gets paid fullstop, his head was turned by what he's brother made against Conor, well that money was nothing to do with Nate, a mannequin.vs Conor would earn the same.

He thinks he s fedor or gsp.
Remember good old days no one gave a duck about nick diaz and no one knew nate
Don't actually recall those days since Nick started fighting in the UFC and KOed the up and coming Robbie in his second fight. I suppose there was a 4 year window in there before Nate showed up on tough that nobody had heard of him but I kind of have my doubts you were actually around back then. I could be wrong though I guess.

Yall can keep hating....and some who claim they were fans of his better not start celebrating and throwing out Nick quotes when he gets back in there and puts on a show.

Nick knows what he is doing and he knows his worth. He's faught for a long time now. All over the globe. I don't blame him for being picky at the end of his career.

It's hilarious because when he was initially suspended for 5 years people were outraged and made a petition to shorten his suspension. Now it's been nearly 4 years and he hasn't fought, he might as well have just taken the 5 year suspension. It would have looked much better on him.

why is he ALWAYS complaining lol

Umm... I think it's rude for Nick Diaz to no show the expensive TV crew for filming UFC Countdown, to no show his flight to Vegas and cause UFC to pay for another ticket who knows how many times, etc.

The new owners ain't playing.

You work in industry?

It's hilarious because when he was initially suspended for 5 years people were outraged and made a petition to shorten his suspension. Now it's been nearly 4 years and he hasn't fought, he might as well have just taken the 5 year suspension. It would have looked much better on him.

THIS is actually a really good point.

I'm all for the fighters to use their financial independence to have an upper hand in negotiations with UFC, but the massive effort of fans to ALLOW him to fight again can not be overlooked.

Really MMA community was outraged for him not being allowed to fight. Even that he doesn't HAVE to fight, he could've either asked not to make petitions for him, or accept a couple of fights after the suspension has been shortened, as a sign of gratitude for the fans that do genuinely love him.

Negotiations? Doesn't he have a manager to take care of that?

Normally i'd hate on the UFC, but for real the guy hasnt fought in 4 years, and his fight before that was 2 years. I wouldnt pay some has-been fighter with a diva attitude top dollar. Get your ass in the cage, beat someone down, then we'll talk about what youre worth.

In fairness( and I like diaz), Nick has lost his last 3, his last win was against lightweight b.j where he couldn't put him away and wore decent damage in doing so and he hasn't fought in forever and it's not because he hasn't been offered some pretty decent fights.

He's already admitted he doesn't like going into cage to fight (nothing wrong with that cause once he does enter, he certainly does fight)..... but shit....or get your own podcast or something (this could be a problem being he'd have to take a course in media etiquette)

By the time this guy ever decides to fight again he will be too old to get sanctioned.

This dudes a washed up, has been, alcoholic. Used to be a fan. Sick of hearing his constant complaining and never putting any action behind his words.

Have to agree these days, he needs to shut up and fight.

It'd be funny if sherdog had a filter for the dana-bots.

I get it
I get all sides

I can see fans being annoyed that a fighter that hasn't fought in years & lost his last several fights is looking for a raise & I get a fighter saying X-amount is what it is worth for me to come back.

I just try to qualify the reality according to what has to be done/offered due to contracts

EDIT: No reason to get rid of them. If they do they can fight elsewhere
Two. Oh, you're including the NC in Nick's only fight in MW. How thoughtful of you.

Normally i'd hate on the UFC, but for real the guy hasnt fought in 4 years, and his fight before that was 2 years. I wouldnt pay some has-been fighter with a diva attitude top dollar. Get your ass in the cage, beat someone down, then we'll talk about what youre worth.
Agreed. Just move along already. I can't waste time dealing with someone so difficult.

Back