Not doing too well.

Just by feeling what you feel and analyzing your own part in it will put you ahead of most people.. (not on sherdog though as we're all 6'5, billionaire, playboy philanthropists)..

When you hit the point where your will exceeds your fears you'll be there..

I have not had a single side effect honestly, so it doesn't bother me at all. Talking to the doc about it was one of the best decisions I have ever made.

thats great then. I am glad to hear that u found something that works.

i am curious though whether the anxiety then just gets masked but not rationalized and conquered.

Honestly, I haven't been happy for years, aside from the odd win at pool at work.

Last time I was truly happy, I was staying at the Ramada in Bangkok five years ago, sitting on a deck chair overlooking the river and the skyscrapers beyond, during sunset, as the Roy Khatom? Jingle played...

Felt really relaxed and at peace...

I would start with the things in your life that you can change. Do you exercise? Eat fairly healthy? Drink or do too many drugs?

Small changes can make a huge difference over time.

As far as the job goes... if you're switching career tracks than you shouldn't be too hung up on pay, instead focus on growth opportunity.

As far as everything else goes, my only advice is to do what you can to focus less on helping yourself and more on helping others. Anxiety is a bitch, and the more you can get out of your own head the better.

Sorry wrath. It sucks to be in these kind of ruts. I’d suggest getting therapy and not give up on improving your job situation. I used to be filled with anxiety until I learned how to rewire my brain to not focus and over think on things that give me anxiety. Also find people to talk to (not just through online text). Life is a lot easier with interpersonal support with people that you can interact with.

join us in the pwd and let’s chat some of ur favorite angles.

Damn dude, sounds like you’re having a rough time. Just stick it out, easier said than done I know. But you can do it. Life has its ups and downs, this is a low point but you’ll be back on top again.

I’m currently a fucking mess. Had to put down my cat, started cutting again, broke up with my boyfriend, quit my job, and having daily panic attacks. I don’t know what I’m doing anymore. But when you’re like this the future can only look bright.

Sounds absolutely terrible.

I've had a few panic attacks in the past. It doesn't matter what you're thinking, it's purely your body betraying you.

It's a shame that you're back to cutting, though admittedly, it's something that I don't really get. Hopefully you can put that to bed. If you loved your cat, it had a blessed life, and you should feel happy about that.

Are you a criminal? Can you pass a drug test, do you really want to work? I can get you a job in America, once qualified all you have to do is get to the mainland and my company will pay you to get to the job... You won't be able to start till March if you begin the onboarding process immediately. Starting wage $21+/hr and you get paid a minimum of 16 hours of ot a week but more like 20 or even 35+ like I was working for months straight... After a year you can bump up to $26+/hr

Honestly, I'm curious as to what it is.

I would start with the things in your life that you can change. Do you exercise? Eat fairly healthy? Drink or do too many drugs?

Small changes can make a huge difference over time.

Aside from being overweight, I do exercise, I don't drink and aside from a hayfever pill every once in a while, I don't do drugs. I'm a bit boring...

Sorry wrath. It sucks to be in these kind of ruts. I’d suggest getting therapy and not give up on improving your job situation. I used to be filled with anxiety until I learned how to rewire my brain to not focus and over think on things that give me anxiety. Also find people to talk to (not just through online text). Life is a lot easier with interpersonal support with people that you can interact with.

join us in the pwd and let’s chat some of ur favorite angles.

AEW has gone a little wobbly, main shows are boring and Io Sky hasn't sat on my face yet. It's a bit shit...

The double edged sword is that there is tons of work but it is shit work for shit pay. The only way to get paid is to do dangerous jobs like pipe fitter or drive a hazmat truck filled with explosive gas or fuel. Both those jobs also suck because the work life balance is terrible you might drive a truck from 3 am to 3pm and go to sleep like at 7 pm every day or some other wierd ass schedule. Pipe fitters are on call all the time so they have an even shittier work life balance.

Last edited:
I guess the point I was trying to make for me is that work life balance is the key to happiness too much work and life sucks too much leisure and your health suffers and maybe your ability to get gratification.

You possess a trait known as an external Locust of control.

You feel that external factors that dictate your life are out of your control.
It's a shitty trait, even if it's partly true.

You sound depressed, and that's causing your negative attitude. You possibly have anxiety issues as well.

You need to address your depression. It's hold you back Sherbro. You don't suck, and you have the ability to take control of your life. You're clearly having issues with depression, which is a treatable illness.

Look up natural treatments for depression. Get on a proper diet. Get outside. Get enough sleep. Get on a workout routine......GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER

Sounds absolutely terrible.

I've had a few panic attacks in the past. It doesn't matter what you're thinking, it's purely your body betraying you.

It's a shame that you're back to cutting, though admittedly, it's something that I don't really get. Hopefully you can put that to bed. If you loved your cat, it had a blessed life, and you should feel happy about that.

Honestly, I'm curious as to what it is.
It's a tough job and it's not for most people but it's a unique career, merchant mariner. Work hard and take pride in succeeding and you'll be rewarded. You add lots of strength both physical and mental and can save money fast since all living expenses are paid for. And if you're traveling from across the world to the Great Lakes, you can choose to work six or eight months straight and bank it all. We have employees who live in Thailand and central America and all over the continental US so it's possible but you'd have to really want it and I won't lie, it's very challenging. No experience required but it helps...

*Edit: I just got back to my ship today after six weeks of vacation and will work till the end of January. I've actually guided a sherbro some years back on the process of acquiring the necessary documents to get this job but I think he backed out at some point, I'm willing to do the same for you but like I said, you have to want it.

It's a tough job and it's not for most people but it's a unique career, merchant mariner. Work hard and take pride in succeeding and you'll be rewarded. You add lots of strength both physical and mental and can save money fast since all living expenses are paid for. And if you're traveling from across the world to the Great Lakes, you can choose to work six or eight months straight and bank it all. We have employees who live in Thailand and central America and all over the continental US so it's possible but you'd have to really want it and I won't lie, it's very challenging. No experience required but it helps...

*Edit: I just got back to my ship today after six weeks of vacation and will work till the end of January. I've actually guided a sherbro some years back on the process of acquiring the necessary documents to get this job but I think he backed out at some point, I'm willing to do the same for you but like I said, you have to want it.

Hold on you can join merchant navy in us without college degree?

Im jealous

(Trying to get into merchant marine program in my country which is pretty much college required)

I'll give that some thought. Sounds really good.

Thanks for reaching out.

The night is darkest before the dawn, but the sun shall surely rise.

Hang in there, sherbro. It’s a drag but I usually try to force myself to be active when I’m feeling lousy. Almost always helps. Biking, running, hiking, something.

How is your diet, exercise and sleep?

Time to pull up your big boy pants.

8 years ago I was utterly broke, PTSD, serious illness and had a low paying job.

After a lot of work over several years I now have a nice network of friends, fairly healthy, 100,000k plus a year, beautiful girlfriend and traveled to 5 countries so far in 2022. I also have a my own side gig with some big companies as my customers. Not huge, but it’s fun and growing slowly.

Suck it up and find something you’re passionate about. Life has so much to offer if you rid yourself of that victim mentality.

Anyone else struggling out there?

I've been trying to find a better job, but during the practical training required to get my new skills, I developed an anxiety for the role.

I just left a job interview, that I turned down relatively early on, because I'd be worse out of pocket due to having to pay £100 a month for staff parking. I'd have taken it otherwise, as experience is hard to come by for a nervous fellow like myself.

That's not all it. I'm pessimistic for the future, what I see around me, and I can't escape the feeling that no matter what I do, I'll never get respect. Everywhere I look, I'm surrounded by the bored and the miserable. There's no colour or happiness around me.

In terms of society? Community and recreation will be stripped away for all but the wealthy. The working class will just work to survive and own nothing, no home, not even a car. There will be a very clear line of ownership in the future.

I've lay in bed over the last two nights, magically finding god, praying to die in my sleep. Even thought about taking a knife to my wrists, and spent my last few woke hours watching videos on suicide on YouTube. Now I'm awake now, sitting in my Kia that's being pounded by torrential rain, listening to music on Greatest Hits Radio. I didn't get the job, it wasn't good enough, fair enough.

Oh well. Not the first time that I've felt low, probably won't be the last either. I just wish that I didn't waste so much time on it. I'm sure that others are in worse positions than I. I just wanted to vent to others a bit. Save family the hassle.

Nice. Earth Wind and Fire are on the radio. This one.

I don't know what industry you are in but it sounds miserable AF.

A buddy was in healthcare. He switched over to trades. I know a guy nearly 40 who is graduating Chem engineering. Another international student is a accounting major. Already pre hired by one of the big 4 before graduating.

Drastic effort is required to turn the bus around much like Alex last Saturday. You need to mentally punch and kick your way put of the shitty predicament.

Women can cry and some simp will come to the rescue. You are a man. Act like it.nobody is coming. Nobody cares.

Take drastic action to better your life.nobody else will do it. Ironically enough you suffer in that current scenario or you suffer harder to do whatever it takes to get a better life.

The choice is yours.Choose your destiny.

Hold on you can join merchant navy in us without college degree?

Im jealous

(Trying to get into merchant marine program in my country which is pretty much college required)
yes, to start from the bottom requires no schooling. To upgrade requires some schooling after sailing days experience. To start as an "officer" without working ones way up requires 4 years (actually 3 with seatime) at an academy.

Back