NRA's Dana Loesch hosts bizare video featuring Thomas & Friends characters in Klan hoods

I posted the episode that had the Thomas stuff, and it had multiple other non-2A right wing opinion pieces as well.

Okay . . . I don't watch NRA-TV and would never have seen this had someone on Twitter or here not posted it.

They aren't just 2A, they are just a right wing propaganda group. They should just stop denying it. These stuff is just further blatant examples of that.

Is Dana or some other NRA related person denying their conservative/right wing viewpoints?

Do you believe they should stick to gun rights only?

Mrs. Loesch made a satire video that didn't turn out as funny as she had hoped.

I don't see this level of disbelief and outrage in response to be genuine.

Holy hell, imagine being triggered by a fictional train from Africa.

Right wingers are another breed of stupid i tell ya what

Are there a bunch of other similar videos of "right wingers" whining about this topic that I'm not aware of?

Mrs. Loesch made a satire video that didn't turn out as funny as she had hoped.

I don't see this level of disbelief and outrage in response to be genuine.
Calling that a satire video is akin to Rush Limbaugh claiming he was just "joking" when people call him out on his snide racial remarks or other outrageous stuff. You are just trying to find a way to defend Loesch. There is no indication this Thomas segment is satire . Supposing it is satire, what is it even trying to satirize?

Are there a bunch of other similar videos of "right wingers" whining about this topic that I'm not aware of?
The topic of putting minority characters into shows is well known to piss of right wingers and yes there are plenty of videos of them bitching about it.

Either stick to gun rights or stop branding themselves as just being 2A lobbyists.

Where has the NRA branded themselves as just being 2A lobbyists? Have you actually looked at the list of NRA programs in a while?

They're advocates for other topics than just the 2A.

The topic of putting minority characters into shows is well known to piss of right wingers and yes there are plenty of videos of them bitching about it.

Wow . . . okay dude. We're not all Archie Bunker.

Calling that a satire video is akin to Rush Limbaugh claiming he was just "joking" when people call him out on his snide racial remarks or other outrageous stuff. You are just trying to find a way to defend Loesch. There is no indication this Thomas segment is satire . Supposing it is satire, what is it even trying to satirize?

Have you even watched this segment in its entirety?

The Thomas the Tank engines wearing hoods was clearly meant to be a humorous part of the segment. Dana was even speaking in a sarcastic tone. To be fair, it was an attempt at using reductio ad absurdum as a vehicle for humor, and it didn't achieve everything the presenter had hoped it would have achieved.

For some reason you seem determined to take this attempt at humor literally.

To quote Christopher Hitchens:

"You always have to be suspect of the motives of those who are determined to be offended."

You're determined to be offended by this attempt at humor, come Hell or high water.

Holy hell, imagine being triggered by a fictional train from Africa.

Right wingers are another breed of stupid i tell ya what
I have a 5 year old son. I get triggered by fucking fictional trains every gad damned day. Thankfully he's moving on to monster trucks, which will hopefully end up with us building one.

Have you even watched this segment in its entirety?

The Thomas the Tank engines wearing hoods was clearly meant to be a humorous part of the segment. Dana was even speaking in a sarcastic tone. To be fair, it was an attempt at using reductio ad absurdum as a vehicle for humor, and it didn't achieve everything the presenter had hoped it would have achieved.

For some reason you seem determined to take this attempt at humor literally.

To quote Christopher Hitchens:

"You always have to be suspect of the motives of those who are determined to be offended."

You're determined to be offended by this attempt at humor, come Hell or high water.

I can and do laugh at a lot of humor, even ones that liberals will cringe at because of 'racial' insensitivity. This one just didn't strike me as humor, because it is soo bizarre , and makes no sense. It strikes me as Glenn Beckesque and I never considered Beck as a purveyor of humor.

This bitch makes me never want jack my dick to lisa ann.

what were your issues with the video?

I am on my phone but I will give a few examples right from the beginning.

"They use their media to assassinate real news."

That is incredibly strong language, even using a term like assassinate implies violence, but what the hell does that even mean, what "real" news is assassinated, and who are they?

"They use their schools to teach the children our president is another Hitler"

Once again, incredibly strong language, but what the hell is she talking about? Schools are teaching kids that Donald Trump is Hitler? That is utter insanity. Once again, who are they?

Then she rattles off some buzzwords of things that really do exist and dismisses them as some sort of meaningless rhetoric spewed by them. But those things are real, and who are they?

Then she starts showing random protests and implying all of this violence is occurring and saying the police are helpless to do their jobs.

Leaving who to save the day? The NRA. The gun lobbyists.

She cranks the identity politics up to about 500%. She cranks the hyperbole up to 1000%. She flat out makes some outlandish comments (schools apparently have a "Trump is Hitler unit" lol), and she scares a bunch of shut-ins into believing Society is crumbling around them and they need to donate money to her gun lobby.

The entire thing is laughable. Imagine some leftists making a similar commercial.

"They use their president to stir up racism and Xenophobia (shows Donald Trump's propaganda tweets about black crime, shows a clip of Trump using words like rapists to describe Hispanics, shows some children crying in detention centers without their parents, maybe even a special needs child). They encourage and enable white supremacists and Nazis to march in the streets (shows clips of people waving Nazi flags and KKK members at Charlottesville rally uniting the right, show some white supremacists marching with tiki torches and chanting, shows Donald Trump refusing to acknowledge that he knows who David Duke is, shows white supremacists chanting Hail Trump and doing a Nazi salute). They use violence to take the lives of those who resist (video of trump telling his rally attendees to attack people who protest, shows a video of a white supremacist murdering a young woman with his car, shows people screaming and crying in the streets). And the president says they are just fine people. They use their power to suppress Freedom of the Press (shows clips of Trump accusing reporters of being fake, taking away credentials from news sources he has deemed unfriendly. They want to strip you of your Constitutional rights without due process (shows a clip of Trump saying "take the guns first, then due process")..."

I could go on and on. I could make a propaganda video five minutes long that is just as realistic as the NRA video.

People need to wake up.

Last edited:
Once again, incredibly strong language, but what the hell is she talking about? Schools are teaching kids that Donald Trump is Hitler?
Schools intended for Higher Learning (College) certainly do.

Evergreen College is a very good example of a School perpetuating their preferred political narrative, rather than teaching objective reality.

The entire thing is laughable. Imagine some leftists making a similar commercial.

"They use their president to stir up racism and Xenophobia ( shows Donald Trump tweets about fake propaganda black crime stats, clip of Trump using words like rapists to describe Hispanics). They encourage and enable white supremacists and Nazis to march in the streets ( clips of Nazi flags and KKK members at Charlottesville, shows Donald Trump refusing to acknowledge that he knows who David Duke is). They use violence to take the lives of those who resist (video of trump telling his rally members to attack people who protest, video of white supremacist murdering a young woman with his car, people screaming and crying). And the president says they are just fine people..."

You just described an average broadcast day of MSNBC.

Oh damn I had no idea diversity and multiculturalism didn't exist till the 60s.

Was there a country on earth in the past that was trying to cram the entire world into one country, supported multiculturalism, racial guilt etc?

Was there a country on earth in the past that was trying to cram the entire world into one country, supported multiculturalism, racial guilt etc?
<Dany07>

It's like you don't know the history of anything.

Literally every major empire in history was multicultural and multiracial.

Schools intended for Higher Learning (College) certainly do.

Evergreen College is a very good example of a School perpetuating their preferred political narrative, rather than teaching objective reality.

So, the evil "they" that keeps being referred to is a small college nobody has ever heard of? Has Evergreen College put "Trump is Hitler" into their curriculum?

The entire point here is that the hyperbole is cranked up so high that it no longer resembles reality. It is fear mongering, to the point that it is embarrassing and comical.

You know what propaganda is right? I can give you some historical examples if you want. You might be surprised how similar they seem to the stuff that you guys eat up on here.

That commercial is aimed at the far, far right and the elderly.

You just described an average broadcast day of MSNBC.

How do you feel about MSNBC?

Last edited:
<Dany07>

It's like you don't know the history of anything.

Literally every major empire in history was multicultural and multiracial.

It's like you're totally avoiding the point I'm making here. What you're seeing today has never happened before.

You made a shit point that was easily countered and now you're floundering.

<JagsKiddingMe>

You know argument is crap and progressive when homer likes it.

What is happening today has never happened before. Accept it and stop supporting the progressive agenda.

Back