Ocasio-Cortez says people keep mistaking her for a Capitol Hill intern (LOL!)

She seems to have quite a few of these "right moments".

Alexandria_Ocasio-Cortez_official_high-resolution.jpg

It's not worth it, man. Don't die on that hill.

I think she looks great there. To each his own, I guess.

Look at the updated post. I included some other "off" pictures.

Eh, she is a politician, not a model. I think she's good looking, and based on her academic achievements and incredibly quick rise through politics she has clearly shown she is super intelligent.

I know she is going to be a common punching bag because her politics are not popular here. I am not a fan of her politics either, and I would never vote for her. But she is clearly very intelligent. Graduated cum laude from Boston University with an economics degree. But she is going to have a lot of high school dropout types calling her dumb of course. By making memes in their basement.

she looks too bright eyed & full of hope.

not that that's a bad thing.

but it's similar to all these girls I've met throughout my life & career who come to NY with their big dreams. only to witness their fortitude & composure wither away into nothingness. where soon after, they can't wait to get the fuck out of NY.

this case is especially weird because she's from NY, entering the dragon's den of US politics. I hope she won't fold not because of political reasons, but for the sake that she represents NY.

yea, there are some pictures where she has the "crazy eyes", but for the most part, she's pretty fu*king hot.

wood.

I don't give a fuck about the pictures. if you see her in her interviews, she has a sexiness & charm in some of her mannerisms I can get down with.

"But she says people keep mistaking her for one."

I call bullshit.

She is, by far, the most famous, and infamous, new congresswoman just elected.

Everyone in Washington knows who she is.

Eh, she is a politician, not a model. I think she's good looking, and based on her academic achievements and incredibly quick rise through politics she has clearly shown she is super intelligent.

I know she is going to be a common punching bag because her politics are not popular here. I am not a fan of her politics either, and I would never vote for her. But she is clearly very intelligent. Graduated cum laude from Boston University with an economics degree. But she is going to have a lot of high school dropout types calling her dumb of course.
I'm sure she's intelligent base on her academic achievements. It's just that she comes off as little... slow-bus when attempting to state/discuss policy or stances. Maybe it's due to her youth and lack of maturity in expressing her ideas.

I call bullshit.

So she's getting trolled in D.C. because they view her as a bimbo?

I'm sure she's intelligent base on her academic achievements. It's just that she comes off as little... slow-bus when attempting to state/discuss policy or stances. Maybe it's due to her youth and lack of maturity in expressing her ideas.

Yeah I get that, but she is only like 28 years old or something. There are plenty of politicians and their 50s and 60s with 30 or 40 years of experience who sound worse. I think she will settle into her position and be around for a long time.

I call bullshit.

she totally has that "intern" appeal though (RE: too bright eyed & naive etc.). to me at least.

What do you guys think of her being part of the mutiny against Pelosi? About her comments basically telling people like Pelosi to get out of the way because people want politicians like herself? Is this the right time to be splintering the party?

What do you guys think of her being part of the mutiny against Pelosi? About her comments basically telling people like Pelosi to get out of the way because people want politicians like herself? Is this the right time to be splintering the party?

I honestly never know how to answer questions like this. I don't really think about the "game" aspect of politics, so I would make the worst politician ever.

I know that I have never been a fan of Pelosi, and I know that I would never vote for a presidential candidate with remotely similar views to Cortez. So maybe a double knockout is in order.

Yeah I get that, but she is only like 28 years old or something. There are plenty of politicians and their 50s and 60s with 30 or 40 years of experience who sound worse. I think she will settle into her position and be around for a long time.
True. However, the difference between her and those politicians is saavy and a level of charisma that surpasses their idiocy and many of them did not come up in the Facebook/Youtube/Instragram age. Perhaps, Ocasio-Cortez will acquire those skills as time moves on.

So she's getting trolled in D.C. because they view her as a bimbo?

Either that, or she's making it up.

"These old white people can't believe that me, a young latina woman, is actually a congressperson."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back