OCEAN'S 8 (First Trailer Released)

Personally I'm looking forward the all female ensemble remake of 'Cool Hand Luke'

I never saw the first Oceans 11, but I'd see this one if Rousey was in it.

Yes, totally down for a female Brokeback mountain.

There are way too many remakes in general. I guess they're starting to run out of ideas in Hollywood.

Starting?
Everything's an adaptation or a remake or a reimagining of something else, or it's something nominally new that clings so hard to existing tropes you can predict most of it just by the title and cast.

I don't know why people get rustled over this. Let them make it, you don't have to go to see it. Let the work and the market figure out how successful it is.

One question, why isn't a woman directing?

lets not go too far now.........

It's not terrible. Dean Martin was pretty good in it.

Yeah, I had to look it up just now; I didn't realize there was Oceans 11 and Oceans Eleven. They both had a pretty solid cast of actors according to IMDb.

Yeah, I had to look it up just now; I didn't realize there was Oceans 11 and Oceans Eleven. They both had a pretty solid cast of actors according to IMDb.

One of the few instances in which the remake shits on the original

It also sounds like these female centric movies are all tapping the same, lone screenwriter for ideas. Way to break new ground while taking as few chances as possible, Hollywood. :rolleyes:

That sounds terrible.

11 women couldn't be in the same room together without hating each other, let alone plan a heist.

These all-female movies must be making more money than I know. The only hits I can think of are Bridesmaids, the Heat and that Amy Schumer movie. But Hollywood must be convinced it's a surefire formula if they're doing Ocean's Eleven and the all-girl Ghostbusters hasn't even been released yet.

I predict a couple of current "it" girls:

Girl from Hunger Games
Hermoine

A couple of these former "it" girls:

Mila Kunis
Scarlet Johansen
Natalie Portman
Kiera Knightly

A couple of seasoned hotties:

Sandra Bullock
Jennifer Garner
Jennifer Connoly

A couple of girls with unusual credentials:

Melissa McCarthy
Parker Posey
Christina Ricci
Dakota Fanning

A couple of old stars:

Meryl Streep
Glen Close

It would basically be the same women from Bridesmaids plus Sandra Bullock. Mellisa McCarthy would play the same character as she does in every movie, Sandra Bullock would of course play down her "hotness" until she needs to turn up the heat. They might get the fat chick from Perfect Pitch but I doubt it as she and McCarthy pretty much compete for the same role.

Parker Posey would not be in this, she knows I'd stop fwapping to her for a couple months if she did

There isnt enough variety among A-list actresses to fill this movie. All the big names occupy a similar niche and overlap, whereas the strength of Oceans 11 was in the diverse nuances of the actors.

Ok, so we can have the older tough brunette chick with Bullock, maybe a fat comic relief girl with Schumer, a sassy black girl with Lupita Nyongo and a ditzy young chick with [insert countless choices here]. Then what?

Dont forget the latina tomboy.

All female Predator cast is finna happen

Back