Official #GamerGate Discussion & News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
calend.png

So now we are going to have GamerGate calender.

This is getting insane and WEIRD.

Just gonna requote this again

The third screenshot is a great example of hypocrisy and cognitive dissonance. (S)he says pro-gamergate people "paint that other as somehow threatening and less than human" while in the same statement is doing exactly that.

The third screenshot is a great example of hypocrisy and cognitive dissonance. (S)he says pro-gamergate people "paint that other as somehow threatening and less than human" while in the same statement is doing exactly that.

The irony is delicious.
Meanwhile, SyrianPartisanGirl covered this

For those who are looking for an alternate game media outlet, here's a pic with a short list of Sites, Blogs, Youtube channels and social media channels that appear to be partial and removed from being associated with the likes of Kotaku, Gamsutra, RPS, etal:

Gwx9oQL.jpg

I know I found it useful.

i see this thread every day and i wonder why....

cliffs?

For those who are looking for an alternate game media outlet, here's a pic with a short list of Sites, Blogs, Youtube channels and social media channels that appear to be partial and removed from being associated with the likes of Kotaku, Gamsutra, RPS, etal:

Gwx9oQL.jpg

I know I found it useful.

I would add Super Bunnyhop and MrBtongue, two good Youtubers.

Super Bunnyhop does awesome reviews for games that have already been out.

The end of this one has actually been used by the gamergate people, as the SJW journalists have been 'creating context'. Kojima is a fucking genius haha.

It's funny to think that this probably would have never escalated if they had just thrown Nate Grayson under the bus and called it a day, but because they insist on fighting tooth and nail, the information is just piling up.

I also find it funny that for someone who is supposedly suffering throughout all of this, Quinn keeps trying to insert herself back into the narrative, despite the fact that she ceased to matter back in August.

This whole drama has reinforced my belief in horseshoe theory. You go too far to the left or right, and you just start using your resources to censor the shit out of and strawman any opposition viewpoint. That's fucking unAmerican.

It's funny to think that this probably would have never escalated if they had just thrown Nate Grayson under the bus and called it a day, but because they insist on fighting tooth and nail, the information is just piling up.

I also find it funny that for someone who is supposedly suffering throughout all of this, Quinn keeps trying to insert herself back into the narrative, despite the fact that she ceased to matter back in August.

This whole drama has reinforced my belief in horseshoe theory. You go too far to the left or right, and you just start using your resources to censor the shit out of and strawman any opposition viewpoint. That's fucking unAmerican.

It's reinforced my theory that everything on earth that we can account for from crafts, trades, skills, all mediums of art and architecture, war, science, religion, et cetera. Essentially the whole sum of human history is and always will be driven by an impulsive and rarely deniable desire to get laid.

The narrative has changed and we don't have to build log cabins or bring home game for dinner anymore. In the 21st century it's really easy to get laid (if you're lacking in the dignity department) all you have to do is start hating yourself and blindly empower the opposite gender with a series of manipulative lies to lead them to believe she / he is something they're not.

I see why these males do it, ah, but I don't respect it. Guys who game, geeky guys, really fucking geeky guys (come'on) have a history of a hard time getting laid, they've never been popular in schools or social circles and its only recently that we've started to treat gaming and geek culture with respect, even going as far to associate it with a certain sense of style and sexuality. This new found social appeal is a lot to take in and not everyone is handling it well. The desperate and pandering core still exist in mass and you're seeing the effects of it in popular atheist communities, science communities, media communities, et cetera.

I'm not really sure what viewpoint you are trying to advance TBH, but that last paragraph sounded like "gamers are dead".

I'm not really sure what viewpoint you are trying to advance TBH, but that last paragraph sounded like "gamers are dead".

Not dead, not at all, but in a stage of transitioning. Learning to wield the power and social attention that comes with the worlds largest growing media outlet.

I couldn't care less about advancing an angle, I'm not really involved in any of this. If anything I'm just providing some commentary on the events and intentions of the people who're all mixed into this. I think it's men empower feminists out of sexual interests rather than genuine self loathing, and if anything, the angle I was providing was almost in their defense considering that the impulse for sex is one of the purest and oldest driving factors in human biology.

From jimmy rustling to entertainment. Gamergate is now a full blown circus.

Supported the video game industry today by buying 2 used games at Gamestop.

That's the joke, only Gamestop will profit from it.

The irony is delicious.
Meanwhile, SyrianPartisanGirl covered this

Never heard of her. Those lips. :redface:

I would add Super Bunnyhop and MrBtongue, two good Youtubers.

Super Bunnyhop does awesome reviews for games that have already been out.

The end of this one has actually been used by the gamergate people, as the SJW journalists have been 'creating context'. Kojima is a fucking genius haha.

That was awesome! I like these long reviews. Already had Matthewmatosis and Noah Caldwell-Gervais on my YT.

So LianaK and Nero had a bit of a spat, then they made up and apologize.
And later there will be a radio show with Internet Aristocrat, CHSommers and Adam Baldwin on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back