Official Judo Thread VIII

the only problem I have with Colorado is probably all of the Nebraska in the way.

the only problem I have with Colorado is probably all of the Nebraska in the way.

Yeah...Iowa. For some reason I always think you border us. But I'm from Indiana where nothing is more than a two hour drive away. I'm still getting used to the scale of the west.

When does your girl finish school? Weren't you thinking of heading out here? Beats the hell out of Iowa city or wherever it is you're at.

she got offered a great job here (Des Moines) and i'm really diggin' the place i'm tending at when i'm not dropping blocks of ice on my foot.

i was gonna come vacation but she's gonna take the summer off to study for the bar, and we're trying to move out of the ghetto, i'm buying another motorcycle since i just love practicing my breakfalls, blah blah blah.

next year bro. fuck your guard. <3

Yeah...Iowa. For some reason I always think you border us. But I'm from Indiana where nothing is more than a two hour drive away. I'm still getting used to the scale of the west.

When does your girl finish school? Weren't you thinking of heading out here? Beats the hell out of Iowa city or wherever it is you're at.

she got offered a great job here (Des Moines) and i'm really diggin' the place i'm tending at when i'm not dropping blocks of ice on my foot.

i was gonna come vacation but she's gonna take the summer off to study for the bar, and we're trying to move out of the ghetto, i'm buying another motorcycle since i just love practicing my breakfalls, blah blah blah.

next year bro. fuck your guard. <3

e8fa6084-a389-47fa-b664-b0c78049359d.gif

I had a big boy Yonkyu that wanted to do some open mat with me yesterday. We did a 30 min warm up and a hour of 10 min rounds, 3 to 5 min breaks.

I used the time to get my cardio training in and to focus on transitioning from throw to Juji. No matter how he landed I would transition to pin, knee on belly, and hunt for Juji or a kesa neck crank/choke.

I made a decision that this is how we will always finish from now on. Plus I felt like a complete bad ass since I would throw and finish them off like how Judo is meant to be played!

P.S. I also hit a collar and over the back grip throw by going in with hane goshi, pop his leg, then hop deep inside for an uchimata (without dropping my lead leg)! I wish I had a video on it because the guy is 235 lbs (15 lbs on me) and it was CLEAN!

I will try to get a video of the move next week.

Back