*** OFFICIAL Pacquiao vs Matthysse Fight Discussion/Spoilers Thread ***

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought lucas was shot but 3 rounds into it pac looked different. alot of people on social media are thinking this way, im not the only one. Some are even saying lucas took a dive.

weird coincidence that there was no testing for this fight. Guy for 9 years gets tested doesnt ko anyone. first time in 9 years not tested and knocks him down with jab. hmmm
was he on roids when was dropping bradley in the 3rd fight with seemingly harmless shots as well when there was testing?

its ok that he just ya know.........won.

I suppose tho if he pops in the next few days I'll change my tune.

Pac winning was a foregone conclusion on this one, surprised so many were "wowd" by Pacman winning a fight like this with ease. All speculation aside, we knew they were totally different leagues as far as fighter quality goes, and until Pac gets caught I'm willing to keep believing he's just that much more a specimen.

Pacman in the UK would be dope but I doubt he sells out the arena, nobody likes him or cares about him there he is not a big enough name

It would be better if he fought in Japan or Dubai or something. in the UK Pacman isn't popular or well known.
Pac vs Khan sells out the O2. Easily. No doubt in my mind. He's never fought in the UK before.

Pac vs Khan sells out the O2. Easily. No doubt in my mind. He's never fought in the UK before.
If he has never fought in the UK before how is he going to sell the place out? Nobody knows him except hardcore boxing fans. They will fight in a 10k arena if anything, and it will be packed for khan not because he is fighting pacman.

Pacquiao is a nobody in the uk, pac is mainly known in usa, mexico, and some asian countries near the philippines

He is not well known in the UK, Germany and Africa only amslect few places know him.

Pac winning was a foregone conclusion on this one, surprised so many were "wowd" by Pacman winning a fight like this with ease. All speculation aside, we knew they were totally different leagues as far as fighter quality goes, and until Pac gets caught I'm willing to keep believing he's just that much more a specimen.

So, knowing that Matthyse threw the fight for Pacman, they were in different leagues. If they were in different leagues he wouldn't have to throw a fucking fight.

So, knowing that Matthyse threw the fight for Pacman, they were in different leagues. If they were in different leagues he wouldn't have to throw a fucking fight.
LOL!

His ass got stopped. Stop playing.

If he has never fought in the UK before how is he going to sell the place out? Nobody knows him except hardcore boxing fans. They will fight in a 10k arena if anything, and it will be packed for khan not because he is fighting pacman.

Pacquiao is a nobody in the uk, pac is mainly known in usa, mexico, and some asian countries near the philippines

He is not well known in the UK, Germany and Africa only amslect few places know him.
There is a novelty and appeal to fighting in a territory for the first and only time after a giant career and profile that's been built elsewhere. You can't prove it wouldn't at least mostly fill the place. Because it would. Obviously.

Out of curiosity how do you know? Mathysse was never a great fighter. And so far in their career, the best Mathysse doesnt beat the worst Pacqiou. what happened was expected.

Wouldn't casuals in the UK know that he KO'd Hatton?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Wouldn't casuals in the UK know that he KO'd Hatton?
That was ages ago, look at ufc people forgot about chael sonnen and moved on quickly, ten years is a new generation of fans man, pacman is not known in the uk.

That was ages ago, look at ufc people forgot about chael sonnen and moved on quickly, ten years is a new generation of fans man, pacman is not known in the uk.

I member Chael. So close. But so choked.

Doesn't Sonnen still headline bellator or something? Or did withon the last year. Not really a good example, his name still sells

Doesn't Sonnen still headline bellator or something? Or did withon the last year. Not really a good example, his name still sells
no its a very good example, his name still sells but its not HOT like it once was, people move o quickly selling on bellator is not the same as selling on ufc

Pacman is not popular anymore because ESPN thought of putting him on an App that nobody uses.

In the UK he is only known among hardcores.

Spence and Crawford yes by being more athletic, younger and legit skills. THurman and Garcia? bitch please...Since when did size and durability stop Pac from destroying boxers like that? Both don't have enough tools to hang with Pac. 40yr old Pac is why fighting him becomes interesting to those 2.
well, yeah. i didn't say thurman and garcia are tough fights for manny 10 years ago.

pac being 40 isn't hypothetical. he's old, his legs are shot. he's still a good boxer, but he's definitely on the way out.

Out of curiosity how do you know? Mathysse was never a great fighter. And so far in their career, the best Mathysse doesnt beat the worst Pacqiou. what happened was expected.

Before Danny Garcia he was a beast. That took some confidence from him for sure. It happens to guys though. Matty-ice is still a good boxer, doesn't have the swagger he used to though. He hasn't lost a step, his chin has gone down a bit. His issue is majority psychological.

That's bullshit, Pacquiao is still widely known here. Every sports fan knows his name and plenty of non-sports fans do as well. Fuck off.

Back