RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Jake Paul vs Andre August Discussion 12/15 7:30 ET DAZN

Winner?

• Paul

Votes: 15 93.8%
  • August

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Kowboy On Sherdog

Once Upon a Time in The UFC
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score
1702667322164.png
Jake Paul is deviating from the script in his development as a boxer. Paul meets Andre August, the most experienced professional boxer that Paul has faced, on Friday night in Orlando, Florida.

Paul cut his teeth in pro boxing by defeating former UFC champions, MMA superstars, an ex-NBA player and a fellow social influencer. So it came as a surprise when he ditched a working formula to fight August, a boxer boasting 12 professional fights and no name value. On paper, August is the most competent boxer that Paul has faced since losing a split decision to Tommy Fury in February.

"He can't move like me, he's not as sharp as me. I'm skillful and will be picking him apart," Paul said at the final press conference. "I doubt he is even going to land a punch; sloppy feet and all that form. I'm going to dust him up real quick and find out who the better boxer is."

It's an interesting Friday night attraction with a few other fights worth noting. The WBC women's super middleweight title is on the line in the co-main event when Shadasia Green and Franchon Crews-Dezurn battle it out for the vacant strap. Yoenis Tellezis set to take on Livan Navarro in a super middleweight contest. And welterweight prospects are set to battle when Elijah Flores takes on Javier Mayoral.

• Date: Dec. 15
  • Start time: 7:30 p.m. ET (Main event expected around 10:30 p.m. ET)
  • How to watch: DAZN (subscribe now)

1702667536904.png

THEME

Attachments

• 1702667518476.png
    1702667518476.png
    133.5 KB · Views: 6
Good to see Paul fighting an actual boxer. I think he takes a competitive decision. His opponent has a decent record buts it looks to be entirely padded.

Jake fought a real boxer previously, didn't he? Will this be his most qualified opponent?

I have to decide between boxing and Karate Combat?

I love how someone brought up in another thread that Jake Paul was fighting this weekend and no one gives a flying fuck because there are legitimate top level fighters to watch.

I didn't know this was happening until I just came upon it in another thread. His stock is dying.
Because he isn't boxing Tony Ferguson... yet ;)

This co-main event is HORRIBLE ….

Weird place for Paul to host one of his “fights”… 4,400 seat capacity in Orlando

Put 2 dreadful women on before yourself to make yourself look better. Jake Paul is a genius

Man, Medina has a mouth..
Literally no reason to talk that big game, insulting his opponent (‘s wife)

That was extremely sloppy boxing for a championship fight.

Jake needs to call out Ali's grandson for a PFL fight tonight

Back