RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Ngannou vs Joshua Discussion 11AM ET/8AM PT, 3/8 DAZN PPV

The point wasn't the two rounds, the point was that AJ has blasted durable guys out of there before too.

AJ is a unique specimen in HW boxing, despite his flaws, and I am seeing an immediate pattern of assuming that much less impressive boxers could do to Big Frank what AJ just did. I just picked your post out of a bunch to respond to.

AJ is simply not someone you should ever be boxing in your second pro match no matter who you are, and that fairly obvious statement is getting lost a little.

I think people are underselling both AJ (a lot) and Big Frank (to a lesser extent).

You're the one who made a point to mention two rounds initially, not I. I replied in kind.

I think people put far too much stock in that Francis/Fury fight.

If Francis' team is coming in southpaw thinking they can mix it up in their second fight against someone like AJ, it speaks to their delusion heading into a fight, as AJ is an athletic freak who's a big puncher and the experience gap is Grand Canyon wide. Zhang is not a great athlete, but he's proven he can crack. Again, I think he could have gotten Frank out of there. When this fight was announced, I said it was a bad idea by Francis outside of the pay and the reality was that he could land a big punch on a guy who's been known to shit the bed, but was more than likely going to get trounced. At this point, it's all speculation outside of the fight result tonight.

but this is how it should be, if you lose or get knocked out
you should at least have comfort to know you made millions from it.
not like in the UFC where you get a box of chicken nuggets some venum discounts 100k,
and dana crapping on you in the press conference.

I do think this fight was a bit too early i wish it had of been in april or may but oh well.
Because theres not too many contenders aside from Fury wilder and Aj, i think he should
stay in boxing until hes made all his money. then do a mma bout then retire

Franicis you have nothing to worry about bro, you already won.

just imagine if you let the haters get to you and you signed back with the UFC and got stuck with a crappy contract
and tom aspinal, jones or some random heavy weight knocked you out.
ON TOP OF DANA BEING PETTY, he would be KICKING DIRT ON YOU IN THE POST PRESS Conference
and tryna end your career !! YOU WON FRANCIS. AND ON TOP OF THAT AJ AND THE BOXING COMMUNITY WANTS YOU
TO STAY !
You have far exceeded your expectations brother

If Francis' team is coming in southpaw thinking they can mix it up in their second fight against someone like AJ, it speaks to their delusion heading into a fight, as AJ is an athletic freak who's a big puncher and the experience gap is Grand Canyon wide

Exactly this. I was shocked when he switched to Southpaw against a guy of AJ's caliber. This aint Kickboxing.

Sad face. Didn't really expect him to win against AJ but this KO hurts as a Big Frank fan.

no shit captain obvious .... that goes for any novice who goes against an elite pro boxer .. and of course now aj is being overhyped because of this win .. idiot hearn saying he can't be beat :sigh:

Yeah 'no shit, captain obvious' which is why the literal other part of the sentence that you didn't put in bold was 'that fairly obvious statement.'

Is it too difficult to read a whole sentence?

SEI195171585.jpg
francis shad.jpg

Yeah they've done that to me too with MMA and F1 if I can't watch live. I've even tried clearing notifications without looking at my phone but I've also had things pop up on me while I was doing something else.
Yeah, that's the struggle. You might avoid "Joshua KOs Ngannou in the 2nd," but will you avoid "Where does Ngannou go after 2nd round KO loss?" while you're Googling "(insert name) Instagram hoe nude?"

Franicis you have nothing to worry about bro, you already won.

just imagine if you let the haters get to you and you signed back with the UFC and got stuck with a crappy contract
and tom aspinal, jones or some random heavy weight knocked you out.
ON TOP OF DANA BEING PETTY, he would be KICKING DIRT ON YOU IN THE POST PRESS Conference
and tryna end your career !! YOU WON FRANCIS. AND ON TOP OF THAT AJ AND THE BOXING COMMUNITY WANTS YOU
TO STAY !
You have far exceeded your expectations brother
Francis doesn't post here.

Who the fuck are you talking to?

Out of curiosity, what was Ngannou's payout for his fights with Fury & Joshua?

Out of curiosity, what was Ngannou's payout for his fights with Fury & Joshua?
He had a guarantee of $10 million for Fury and $20 million for Joshua. Those were just his base purses. With PPV, gate, sponsors, etc he made even more. Ngannou will never have to work another day in his life provided that he doesn't blow the tens of millions he's earned in boxing.

He had a guarantee of $10 million for Fury and $20 million for Joshua. Those were just his base purses. With PPV, gate, sponsors, etc he made even more. Ngannou will never have to work another day in his life provided that he doesn't blow the tens of millions he's earned in boxing.
Provided is a big word here.

Who's next for Ngannou if he decides to box again, Zhang or Andy Ruiz? Still confused with all the money Francis has, he's working with Dewey Cooper

was it really worth 30 mil to ruin his image/legacy/ego ? .. not to mention he's an internet meme now .. he is set if he manages it correctly though

Last edited:

He's never struck me as a big spender like so many idiotic rookie professional athletes that blow millions as if those were the paychecks they'd me making for the rest of their lives, then they're cut in a few years and their athletic careers are over and they got to get a regular job.

Francis is a pretty intelligent guy with a wife & daughters, so he's going to make that $35+ million last the rest of his life by making sound investments.

If I were him, building a 250 unit apartment community would be the absolute best means to ensure that money keeps rolling in.

was it really worth 30 mil to ruin his image/legacy/ego ? .. not to mention is an internet meme now .. he is set if he manages it correctly though
yes. money pays the bills... image/legacy doesn't do shit for you unless you go around shitty conventions to charge for photos & autographs after you've retired. Francis lost to Anthony Joshua, Olympic gold medalist, 2x world champion... not someone like Jake Paul who retired UFC fighters are turning to for a payday like Anderson Silva, Tyron Woodley, etc

Back