Xbox Official Xbox Series X thread

Is getting the Series S worth it? Isn't the X much better?
Tough to answer because it's a matter of perspective. On the one hand, the Series S is hands down the best value on the market in gaming hardware, currently. So, yes, it's worth it. It's so cheap and it can play anything the X plays which is anything on Game Pass, any multiplat title that will be released, any Xbox One game, over 600 Xbox 360 games, and even several dozen Xbox games. Unlike the older Xbox One all these older games get automatic framerate/resolution boosts, and many have specific optimizations for the next gen hardware; either FPS Boost or-- best of all-- a dedicated, upgraded version. These are free when available.

It is also considered the best value in emulation. It can emulate just about any system, and it has the processing power to chew through the demands of some of the later, more demanding workloads in emulation.

On the other hand, as a matter of opportunity cost, it makes a great sacrifice in raw GPU power relative to the Xbox Series X when the latter-- at MSRP-- is just $200 more. The problem is you can't find the latter at MSRP. Not unless you do the All Access purchase program. I have a friend who just used this on my advice. He waited 5 days for his brand new Xbox Series X to arrive in the mail (via Best Buy).

Buying the XSX at these scalper prices seems dumb. They're paying $720+ for the console at these scalper rates at marketplaces like Wal-Mart from third-party vendors with miserly 75% approval ratings.

Meanwhile, with all Access, your total bill after 2 years at $35/mo is $840. That price includes the console and Game Pass Ultimate for those two years (which separately would be $15/mo = $360). It's the most sensible backdoor to purchase an Xbox Series X right now effectively at MSRP. And a side perk is that so long as you make all your payments on time it will boost your credit score.

Maybe a dumb question but I'm an Xbox noob. Are there any Xbox exclusives that are not on Game Pass? And if so any recommendations?
Every Xbox exclusive is on Game Pass.

Every Xbox exclusive is on Game Pass.

It's a shame some of the third party exclusive stuff that Microsoft own isn't on there, was waiting to see if Lost Odyssey ever popped up but ended up re buying it in the end.

It's a shame some of the third party exclusive stuff that Microsoft own isn't on there, was waiting to see if Lost Odyssey ever popped up but ended up re buying it in the end.
That's a good point. I hadn't considered exclusives from previous generations that are playable on the Xbox due to backwards compatibility.

I tried Lost Odyssey over a decade ago on the 360 because I'd read that it contained some of the only serious literary work in a game. I didn't last past an hour, and I lost all respect for modern Japanese poetry. Juvenile emo tripe.

Just an fyi, I got my Series X at my local GameStop. It wasn’t advertised anywhere in the store, in fact it was the only new console that they didn’t have an empty box advertising the price on display. I just causally asked the guy about it while I was picking up a game for my son, and to my surprise, they had a few in stock. I wasn’t expecting that at all.

MLB The Show 22 will be on GamePass day one again

Will have: cross-play, cross progression, cross platform across all platforms (PSN, XBOX and Switch for the first time)

MLB The Show 22 will be on GamePass day one again

Will have: cross-play, cross progression, cross platform across all platforms (PSN, XBOX and Switch for the first time)

<{Joewithit}>

This could bode well for COD remaining on the PS in the future.

For now at least.

<{Joewithit}>

This could bode well for COD remaining on the PS in the future.

For now at least.

was more MLB's decision than Sony's. MLB wanted the game available on all consoles on the last contract renewal, Sony had to agree otherwise they'd lose the license.

was more MLB's decision than Sony's. MLB wanted the game available on all consoles on the last contract renewal, Sony had to agree otherwise they'd lose the license.

That's some good info! But MLB is right. Why leave money on the table when you can get it from multiple sources? Now I'd like the NFL to take another look at the NFL2K franchise. :mad:

That's some good info! But MLB is right. Why leave money on the table when you can get it from multiple sources? Now I'd like the NFL to take another look at the NFL2K franchise. :mad:

think EA brings in way too much money for them especially seeing as that deal has been going since 2004. It's a shame the new 2k game wont have official names and likenesses of players due to this.

think EA brings in way too much money for them especially seeing as that deal has been going since 2004. It's a shame the new 2k game wont have official names and likenesses of players due to this.

I didn't know there was going to be a new 2K game! The last Madden I bought was the Brett Favre edition because it came with a DVD of his highlights.

I'm buying that new 2K game first day!

Out of curiosity, will an XSX allow you to stream PC games to your TV? Would that be something that could be in the pipeline?

There's gonna be TV apps and a possible streaming stick at some point

1. No, not right now.
2. Doubt it but who can say for sure long term.

I'm already picking up an XSX at some point, but having access to PC games via streaming would be an amazing feature. I picked up the Steam device that allowed people do the something similar, but man, that would totally open the door to another full library of games.

Also Phil Spencer is being awarded the Lifetime Achievement award at the Dice Awards this year (award will be presented by Todd Howard)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back