One of the keys to being good volume puncher

How to become a good volume puncher?

Practice by throwing a ton of punches while perfecting the technique with a boxing coach and not throwing full force all the time.

Wow that was easier than I thought, didn’t even need any bro science to back it up.

E81022464961ACF55C4AC87E0069F20DB7F2F4F7

I do know that the bones are the collar bone and scapula though having broken them both a couple times, lol.

I know the names of your mom's..
Ah never mind

Depends on how you achieve those strong shoulders and triceps.

Doing a bunch of body building moves (cables flyes, front raises, cable pushdowns, db presses, front and lateral raises) will have you stiff and too tight. Your punches will suck. Anything where you have to keep your lats and shoulders stiff while you execute the move is not optimal. However doing some things like sled pulls and even battle ropes will get your shoulders stronger and build endurance at the same time. Pendlay rows and good too to build explosiveness and back strength.

It's a big cliche but the term "functional strength" applies here. However you can build strength while keeping loose shoulders for punching is best.
sometimes boxers can be a bit stiff or constricted In a sense. That's one thing Conor did different than everyone ( In MMA) at the time was just his level of looseness. A lot of the Ido portal stuff Is designed to fix posture, unstifle the body, fix muscular imbalances, etc.

Think It's one of those things where the push pull philosophy applies. Train for strength but don't forget the mobility. It's a bit paradoxical because you have to stay tight but loose at the same time. Lomachenko is a good example of It.

Last edited:
Probably for the best my friend...
gsp-scared-gif-8637236

gsp-scared-gif-8637236

3rd edit - cant post the gif, but its of george st. pierre doing the shakey hands thing. - i aint scared, glass-collar-bone

Learn how to fight from both stances.

Do drills.

That's the key.
for me this one happened pretty naturally. Right handed southpaw always felt more natural. But, just practicing with both over a long period of time..you sorta figure out things you do best from both stances. Seems like some of the best boxers / martial artists could fight from both. Hagler, Bruce Lee, Lomachenko, etc.

gsp-scared-gif-8637236

gsp-scared-gif-8637236

3rd edit - cant post the gif, but its of george st. pierre doing the shakey hands thing.
Lol, probably would have been more inpactful if not for the GIF fail and forced explanation but it made it kind of endearing that you went to that much effort and it made me laugh. We cool Sherbro, lol.

Two things-
You don't throw punches with your shoulders or your triceps. Your whole body is involved. Most of your power doesn't even come from your arms, and if it is you have no clue how to throw a proper punch.

Also, a conditioned muscle isn't necessarily a larger muscle.

There's just so much wrong in this fail thread.

Obviously you dont throw punches from your arm. Power comes from the hips. But not every punch you throw is a power punch. These muscles help especially with the jab and keeping your arms up without getting tired.

Just looked it up, aside from the deltoid there are 3 others with crazy ass names I've never heard of.

As someone who has lived the last 3 years with a torn rotator cuff you would think I would be more educated on this subject but unfortunately that is not the case.

I do know that the bones are the collar bone and scapula though having broken them both a couple times, lol.
Some of the advanced biology, physiology and exercise science can get pretty technical.. lol

I'm more undereducated on the precise details than I'd like there as well

Depends on how you achieve those strong shoulders and triceps.

Doing a bunch of body building moves (cables flyes, front raises, cable pushdowns, db presses, front and lateral raises) will have you stiff and too tight. Your punches will suck. Anything where you have to keep your lats and shoulders stiff while you execute the move is not optimal. However doing some things like sled pulls and even battle ropes will get your shoulders stronger and build endurance at the same time. Pendlay rows and good too to build explosiveness and back strength.

It's a big cliche but the term "functional strength" applies here. However you can build strength while keeping loose shoulders for punching is best.

It doesnt matter how you achieve getting more muscle in those places. As long as your not in the gym every day of the week getting stiff. I do body exercises, and weights. But I dont overdue it. I notice now i have more pop and speed once I started working out my triceps , and front deltoid more.

Yes the more mass the better! It’s not like the muscles will require oxygen and fill with lactic acid or anything.

amir-khan-lightweight-boxer-bolton-arena-bolton-england-07-december-HXHA7F.jpg
Look at the Amir Khan cunt. He's probably the fastest with his hands in boxing, he's known as a volume puncher. Even tho he's skinny his front shoulders are strong af

sometimes boxers can be a bit stiff or constricted In a sense. That's one thing Conor did different than everyone ( In MMA) at the time was just his level of looseness. A lot of the Ido portal stuff Is designed to fix posture, unstifle the body, fix muscular imbalances, etc.

Think It's one of those things where the push pull philosophy applies. Train for strength but don't forget the mobility. It's a bit paradoxical because you have to stay tight but loose at the same time. Lomachenko is a good example of It.

McGregor is overrated. McGregor cant throw a quick combo at the same speed as an elite boxer

I'm not just saying bs. This is from experience aswell every since I started targeting these muscles specifically. I been able to punch faster, and I literally never get tired keeping my guard up. Having low body fat is also another key in punching fast, with more power, and explosiveness but not necessarily more volume
Then why did you use pic of DC up as evidence

Back