Movies Only God Forgives (2013) vs Tombstone (1993)

Only God forgives crushes Tombstone to death.

Better directing acting, depth and cinematography. One of the most underrated films of the decade

Based off what ? Cosmatos vs Refn
Ive been a fan of Refn since Pusher. Youre smoking crack.

Ive been a fan of Refn since Pusher. Youre smoking crack.

OGF, TND, Drive, Pusher 3 are all great.

Pusher 1, 2 and Bronson are good. Bronson is decent.

Valhalla is mixed for me. And I flat out dislike Fear X.

Valhalla Rising #1
Bronson #2
Argue amongst yourselves #3 onward...

Tombstone all fucking day! Never heard of the other film. Badly directed? TS doesn’t know what the fuck he/she is talking about. I would give a fun fact about Tombstone and the director, but TS is clueless

OGF is the perfect example of the director getting too overboard with budget and not having constraints. Pusher series was much better and Copenhagen Cowboy he does far better cinematography. Tombstone is continuously rewatchable so yeah Tombstone.

Also what's up with the director and the whole main character has boner issues sub plot in all his movies? It's amazing.

Tombstone all fucking day! Never heard of the other film. Badly directed? TS doesn’t know what the fuck he/she is talking about. I would give a fun fact about Tombstone and the director, but TS is clueless
"Bad direction" is a strange complaint for Tombstone. I figure most just say it, because of the rumors of it being a production nightmare, but the end result is aces, so who cares?

Then you have the other side, where a respectable director makes some incoherent artsy fartsy wank, and is given a pass, just because. And I say that as a big fan of the guy he dedicated the film to, Alejandro Jodorowski. That man could make sense of the absurd(most of the time). OGF, while looking nice, has little going on beneath the surface. It's absurd for absurd's sake.

Tombstone obviously. Never even heard of the other movie.

pusher 1 is his goat movie
2 is excellent but Tony's story is o depressing it is less fin than the other2

pusher 3 is almost all fun with less substance than the other2 but Milo is a fucking badass

What's better, A fish called wanda or drop dead fred?

Tombstone is awesome. The other one isn't.

Based off what?

pusher 1 is his goat movie
2 is excellent but Tony's story is o depressing it is less fin than the other2

pusher 3 is almost all fun with less substance than the other2 but Milo is a fucking badass

I like them all. Prefer third though.

Valhalla Rising #1
Bronson #2
Argue amongst yourselves #3 onward...

No but I will give Valhalla another shot next week

"Bad direction" is a strange complaint for Tombstone. I figure most just say it, because of the rumors of it being a production nightmare, but the end result is aces, so who cares?

Then you have the other side, where a respectable director makes some incoherent artsy fartsy wank, and is given a pass, just because. And I say that as a big fan of the guy he dedicated the film to, Alejandro Jodorowski. That man could make sense of the absurd(most of the time). OGF, while looking nice, has little going on beneath the surface. It's absurd for absurd's sake.

OGF made a lot of sense and had themes and depth. It’s just misunderstood

Two extremes you could argue, a film which is rather generically directed with some solid drama to and and one which is extravagantly directed but struggles to bring the kind of substance Refn managed with Drive.

I thought The Neon Demon was better than Only God Forgives personally, still not as good as Drive but it benefited from having a new subject were as Only God Forgive does kind of feel like its going over some of the same ground.

Refn is just an autistic man who has a stylized vision.

His movies aren’t “good” necessarily, they are good for a watch and you remember some aspects of them being pretty good.

Only god forgives is such a terrible movie.

Tombstone. I couldn’t get through five minutes of OGF. It’s ridiculous.

I'm you're huckleberry ts, that's just my game.

Back