Ortega Could Have Easily Died

Overeem says HI

Also JDS took far worse of a beating against Cain then Ortega did against Holloway

Cain hits much harder then Holloway
overeem is actually fine because he tends to get knocked out fighters who end up in coma's are the ones who have good chins and dont go down and continue to take punishment over several rounds

Boxing also encourages CTE by having a guy knocked down and out of it struggle to get to his feet and take a few more minutes/rounds of shots that are more and more destructive as he's already concussed.

I really don't understand why boxing will still allow a dude completely out of it to keep fighting. You want to give someone a chance that was knocked down/off balance, fine. If a dude is done he's done.

That being said I'm sure it would allow boxing to fix fights more than it already does.

<{MingNope}><{yearp}>
The poor refs absolutely will let a guy get destroyed. But there are a bunch of definite smart ones out there who will even watch the guy beat the count, but sees it in his eyes that he's not all there and wave it off despite them beating the count. Just need more of those guys, and hopefully less mistakes cause even the good ones can make a bad call here and there.

When you consider the 100s of thousands of boxing matches per year, this is still way below 1%.
Yeah, and less than 1% of fights have as many head strikes landed as this one did, you fucking twat

When you consider the 100s of thousands of boxing matches per year, this is still way below 1%.

But yes, punches to the head are def dangerous. And more than the deaths are those with compromised speech etc.. MANY fighters and boxers speak worse than they would or could have.

But they do what they love most so that's a plus. Few of us can say that.
I agree. But still, a statistical death a month puts into perspective just how dangerous this shit can be, for me at least.

Would be interesting to see some stats on long term health as opposed to just deaths as well like you mentioned.

Ladies and gentlemen, presenting:

THE NANCY-BOY THREAD.

I really don't understand why boxing will still allow a dude completely out of it to keep fighting. You want to give someone a chance that was knocked down/off balance, fine. If a dude is done he's done.
They should make an exception for Tyson Fury.

Dude was out in the 12th... and came back to life like nothing happened.

And BTW... Ortega took a lot of punches but nothing too hard I think. Still he absorved way too many to the head. He might be too though for his own good.

Said that... put him against Jeremy Stephens next.

If it's true that accumulation of punches does more damage then single punch ko it makes sense that people at lower weight classes have higher chance of getting cte,dying
Adonis stevenson was in induced coma recently and man is 41.cutting weight to 175 from probably 200+pounds
U cut alot weight to have size advantage and take punishment better but your brain is not fully rehydrated or something like that
All in all its better to fight in your natural weightclass and take a beating,at least u fuking fresh and didn't suffer to make weight goin in
Not sure if am making sense here hehe

A million fights have happened and virtually noone ever dies or gets put in a coma. People can literally die taking a shit, as a result of performing a valsalva maneuver. Mostly turns out fine tho

TS’ point remains. You can take two tasks, one being mundane, and another being dangerous and find that statistically, similar # of people die each year from each task. That doesn’t make the dangerous task less dangerous than the mundane task.

It shouldn’t take someone dying to get the point across and common sense tells us, the kind of punishment he took in this fight could’ve resulted in something worse than it did. It has already happened, if not in the UFC, or other major well-known fighting organization.

All in all, fight should’ve been stopped much earlier. Most considerate people can agree with that.

Hope Ortega is getting proper supervision right now. He needs to rest properly and not take any damage in a long while

If I was his camp, I wouldn't let him sleep the night of the fight. Can check out. Concussion peeps are prohibited from sleeping.

Overeem says HI

Also JDS took far worse of a beating against Cain then Ortega did against Holloway

Cain hits much harder then Holloway
Jds is twice as big as ortega too

<{hughesimpress}>

great idea to bring a kid to the fight!

I don't get this shit at all. I watched my pops fight as a kid couple of times and it was absolutely shocking, and he was KOing everyone left and right. Dude had great hands and could drop anyone, but I was still very scared watching him fight.

Bringing young kid to the fight to see a beatdown, especially you when can be on the receiving end, is just flat out retarded.

I agree. But still, a statistical death a month puts into perspective just how dangerous this shit can be, for me at least.

Would be interesting to see some stats on long term health as opposed to just deaths as well like you mentioned.
Well I'm sure those deaths also include deaths in training, when they occur. And when you consider training, there are probably half a million to a million boxing matches per day. Or 15-30 million per month. 1 death is almost necessary, with those numbers of punches to the head.

But I'd like to see a study too...

Yeah, and less than 1% of fights have as many head strikes landed as this one did, you fucking twat
No, Lando. No. YOU'RE the fucking twat.

Oooooh burn......

I don't get this shit at all. I watched my pops fight as a kid couple of times and it was absolutely shocking, and he was KOing everyone left and right. Dude had great hands and could drop anyone, but I was still very scared watching him fight.
Max's son looked terrified. But you got to break a couple eggs to make an omelet.

Stevenson is in a coma right now for far less.

Max's son looked terrified. But you got to break a couple eggs to make an omelet.

I'm not a psychologist to know how a child can react to that kind of experience.
Based on my experience with seeing adult violence, he can turn out really fucked up.

If I was his camp, I wouldn't let him sleep the night of the fight. Can check out. Concussion peeps are prohibited from sleeping.
Word
I'm worried because of how careless his corner was going to the fourth round.
Ortega has a lot of potential he deserves to get through this fight

Stevenson is in a coma right now for far less.

HOLY FCKING SHIT. I wasn't aware of that.
Crazy thing is that Kovalev almost fought him. Imagine if it was Kova who did this to him.

That's crazy, he did take a massive beating looking at highlights. Hopefully he can recover.

Back