Out of the 7 MMA All-Time GOATs - Who's the most overrated fighter?

Who's the most overrated fighter?

• Total voters
Usman got rocked by failed LW Burns, that Burns couldn't even fight Khabib in LW division,
Beat journeyman LW Jorge 2 times in title defenses, Jorge has +14 loses in his career.
Very close fight with Colby, he got wobbled by Colby several times,

Usman is also got choked by Cacares.

You are not even honest lmao.

Lmao. If he becomes P4P No.1 at any point in his career, then you can talk.

Khabib lost to Tibau. Basically no name fighter.

Khabib lost to Tibau. Basically no name fighter.
No he didn't, Khabib controlled Tibau over 4 minutes, Tibau controlled him only for 17 seconds.

Tibau was running all the fight, Khabib was the dominant.

Khabib made Tibau bleed,
Tibau didn't even damage Khabib.

Usman got choked and finished by Caceres. LOL.

Solid points Silva is definitely overrated, but he was never "destroyed" by Weidman

if he wasn't destroyed by weidman, how come anderson had to be carried out on a stretcher and taken to hospital? that's the literal definition of getting DESTROYED

Seeing the Khabib haters and Conor fans is always entertaining. :D

P4P best = If you eliminate the size differences, who is the best fighter? It doesn't need to be long line of title defenses, that's a made up criteria. You can have only 1 title fight and best P4P ever based on the ability to beat anyone if you are the same size.

Can Khabib haters say, Khabib has no chance against this guy, if they are the same size?

Khabib can beat anyone if they are the same size, that's what makes him the GOAT, P4P Best.

Khabib's size is pretty average for general Lightweight sizes, his reach is even shorter than most Lightweights, he has shorter reach than even Featherweight Volkanovski, despite not having any size advantage, he dominated everyone. Which is why he can beat anyone if they are the same size.

And still Khabib haters and Conor fans are talking about title defenses? :D

Khabib explains how UFC robbed him from a title shot in 2016, and gave it to Conor instead:
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...in-2016-and-gave-it-to-conor-instead.4194685/

It's UFC's fault that they made Khabib wait for 2 years to get his title fights. It was Khabib vs. UFC, and Khabib won. No fighter experienced that so you can't use it against Khabib. Khabib haters and Conor fans can keep sing the same song while acting like they don't know anything about that, but at the same time they always remember the title defense numbers but they don't remember how UFC made Khabib wait for 2 years...

Jones can't be because he is a giant for their own weight divisions, Ngannou said Jones is the same size as him, Jones's reach is even longer than Ngannou's reach, and Jones never faced someone as big as himself in the octagon. Not even mention the USADA problems. If he wins the heavyweight belt, which is his natural weight class, then he would be in the discussion again, still USADA though.

-Jose Aldo fails whenever he faces someone who is good; Conor, Holloway, Petr Yan, Volkanovski, he lost against all of these guys, he has 0 wins.

-GSP was never even P4P No.1, mostly decision machine, waited and cherry picked Bisping to return to fight, KOed by Serra, and lost to Hendricks.

-Silva dominated when there wasn't any good wrestlers in his division, lost to Weidman twice including the first one was a clean KO the other was just being unlucky still he got KOed by Weidman, he also had problem with USADA.

-Fedor never even fought in UFC.

DJ = Never faced the most elite level competition, the top divisions; Lightweight, Welterweight, Featherweight, then middleweights, then bantamweight, and lastly Light-heavy, heavy and flyweights.
Title defenses and length of career are facts. P4P and “who would win if they’re the same size” are fantasy magic bullshit lmao. Change someone’s size and you change their balance, agility, speed, everything. It’s nonsense for nerds on the internet.

I voted for “none are overrated” btw

Ok so you can't answer a simple question, it means Khabib deserved the title shot in 2016, but UFC didn't give him for 2 years. So that's the end of the ''title defense'' nonsense argument.
Khabib was supposed to fight Tony at UFC 209 for the interim title in 2017 but he had to pull out due to an illness due to a botched weight cut.... He doesn't get credit for fights he himself had to pull out of. He wasn't able to become the champion earlier than 2018 due to his own short comings.

None of them are overrated, only haters would name one of them. These fighters have certain things that make them potential GOATS of their divisions, and it's not really fair to compare them to each other.

Fedor for his long dominance.
Khabib for his complete dominance regardless of who he was fighting
Jones for being the youngest champ and excellent fight IQ.
Anderson for his insane striking ability.
GSP for being an excellent grappler and striker, along with his feuds.
Aldo for reigning at FW for so long.
DJ for his crazy moveset and dominance.

They all also have things that hurt them, but it doesn't make them overrated:

Fedor for fighting in questionable organizations and fighting too long.
Khabib for not have too many top wins and retiring in his prime.
Jones and Anderson for being caught on PEDs
GSP tapping out to strikes from a bloated midget LW BJJ guy in under a round, biggest upset in MMA history
Aldo for his 13 second embarrassing loss
DJ being great in a division no one really cares about, to the point where they were gonna get rid of the division.

To clarify, overrated as in their ranking in the GOAT list, not their skills. Khabib was insanely dominate with great skills, but belongs no where in the top 10 of all time discussions due to longevity/level of comp.

Washed up Cerrone, journeyman MJ, meh win over Edson

Ferg was a good win tho, but Chad's losing performance against Aldo >

"Chad was an elite fighter because he looked good in one of his losses to Aldo thus I would put him on the same level as fighters who dominated Aldo"
"Chad's losing performance..." how pathetic

As all round great fighters showing a breadth of skill? Everybody on the list except Khabib has shown incredible skillsets everywhere a fight can go in MMA. Khabib just never displayed a formidable or intimidating standup game, which is clearly why he's leading the poll.

It's not a slight, just a reality.

To clarify, overrated as in their ranking in the GOAT list, not their skills. Khabib was insanely dominate with great skills, but belongs no where in the top 10 of all time discussions due to longevity/level of comp.
level of competition was way better than Aldo's

"Chad was an elite fighter because he looked good in one of his losses to Aldo thus I would put him on the same level as fighters who dominated Aldo"
"Chad's losing performance..." how pathetic

Chad gave Volk his toughest fight 3 years past his prime.

Chad gave Volk his toughest fight 3 years past his prime.
I'm waiting for you guys to tell me about Chad's great elite-level wins, I know about his many losses that's why I can't put him at Volk or Holloway's level

The confirmed juicers. They became different fighters once the juice game got too hot to play.

DJ (lesser competition overall) and Khabib (only a few significant wins, retired in prime/too early) are a step down from the rest in my eyes, but we can't really say overrated as such.

I'm waiting for you guys to tell me about Chad's great elite-level wins, I know about his many losses that's why I can't put him at Volk or Holloway's level

I'm not calling him elite or on their levels, I'm just pointing out it's pretty dumb to pretend like he wasn't a top FW and that it's not a great win to have.

If you can give Aldo, Conor, and Volk 3 tough fights then it's silly to pretend they're not a great fighter. Being a level below them is no shame.

GOAT to me means the best fighter, period. I'm not interested in some silly pound for pound fantasy discussion because we simply cannot compare fairly.

The best fighter we've ever seen is Fedor.
He ruled the HW division for a decade- nobody has come close to that level of dominance.

If you want to include smaller fighters in your list, then they are all overrated when it comes to bring the GOAT.

Back