Overeem defies retirement calls: 'I'm already in the gym.'

He is still a top top fighter that can beat anyone

I just hope he wins the UFC HW title already & then retire knowing he was the UFC HW champ. He's already defeated a bunch of former HW champs, it's his turn to get that belt already then he can ride off into the sunset.

Man. I respect it, but man I wish he'd just hang 'em up already. Nothing left for him to prove and it's not gonna be worth any more damage to stay in there.

...making damn close to a mill per fight.... I'll bet he is

He still comes across pretty will given the damage he’s taken. I hope for his sake it stays that way.

Sometimes your team should protect you from yourself.

I'll always love the Reem. No matter what happens, his fights are brutal. Someones lights are going out.

All he knows is fighting and he's still capable of beating anyone in the division.

The UFC should be nice and let him rematch Travis Browne or something.

yes Overeem lol

fuck the haters

Reem vs Cain if he comes back

He's one of the handful of guys in the UFC that actually get paid well. not suprised he wants to keep fighting. He makes a million a fight

He only had trouble against francis and stipe. A little vs werdum. He still kills jds and the rest of the division.

That was JDS' worst fight ever. While Dos Santos has also decline significantly, I'd definitely favor him in a rematch.

Despite what many of you think, Overeem is still a very well spoken and intelligent person. I say this because a lot of you think he's brain dead because of all the punishment he's taken.

Overeem still has a few years left. Not many, but a few.

The funny thing is, Reem's glass chin might be his savior
CTE is greatly connected with frequency of trauma and Reem rarely takes more than a couple hits in the fights he loses. Contrast that with JDS in the Cain fights or the damage the average boxer takes

Back