Overeem defies retirement calls: 'I'm already in the gym.'

I really hope he one day holds UFC hw belt. even if his holding the belt similar to bisping

giphy.gif

UBEReem was literally a different person then under Reem

The funny thing is, Reem's glass chin might be his savior
CTE is greatly connected with frequency of trauma and Reem rarely takes more than a couple hits in the fights he loses. Contrast that with JDS in the Cain fights or the damage the average boxer takes

I was gonna say the same thing. He goes out pretty easily and then pops right back up.

It’s like he goes out to easy for any real trauma to be taken unlike some others with granite chins that take absurd amounts of trauma before their chin was shot and have CTe nkw

CTE is greatly connected with frequency of trauma and Reem rarely takes more than a couple hits in the fights he loses. Contrast that with JDS in the Cain fights or the damage the average boxer takes

so dan henderson is fucked then huh? basically guys who go out quick are lucky won´t have issues where as guys with amazing chins who take punishment are screwed?

hendo has record for being dropped and punched in head the most

I could see it if he was stuttering and looked like his face had been rearranged, but I don't think his chin has gotten any worse since his youth, and he hasn't had any serious injuries as far as I know. Hell, he's one of the most well spoken fighters out there. Let him bang, bro.

Man. I respect it, but man I wish he'd just hang 'em up already. Nothing left for him to prove and it's not gonna be worth any more damage to stay in there.
Money is the ultimate motivator.....he gets paid almost the highest of the whole roster....hard to give that up

I mean you could argue jds took more damage in his cain fights than Reem did over his career. Not ko wise but actual damage in fightsm

Maybe a couple more fights. He might not get to the belt but he can still get some wins.

The guy has knocked out JDS and Hunt. It isn't a fluke when he KOs someone.

A fluke Bisping championship is when the person gets thrown in at the last second, due to name value, and wins, you twat. Has nothing to do with KO power.

A fluke Bisping championship is when the person gets thrown in at the last second, due to name value, and wins, you twat. Has nothing to do with KO power.

Calm down Russell. That's not what fluke means.

Right call. He's not a shot fighter. His chin is shot, but it was never great to begin with. It would be like Tom Brady retiring because he can't scramble anymore. That was never his game to begin with. Overeem is still the same fighter he's always been. An extremely skilled top 5 fighter, but cursed with one of the worst chins we've ever seen.

Overreem gets basically a million dollars a fight. He's been just showing up for a paycheck for awhile IMO.

Love him or hate him his fights are always entertaining. It's live execution nearly every fight.

overeem-ko-jds.gif

giphy.gif
A lot of guys would have been wobbled/dropped by the behind the ear shot that Overeem landed right before he got buried by that counter. Ngannou appears to have iron in his chin, though. When two guys get into an exchange and one of them is packing iron and the other is packing glass, that's the typical result.

Shouldn't Reem still be under medical suspension, which includes staying out of the gym...?
No contact, i.e. sparring. Can still go to the gym, do strength and conditioning, do drills, etc. His teammates basically just can't hit him in the head for 60 days or so.

Reem is a seasoned vet, he wont let a loss mess with his head, he'll be back

He is a top5 Heavyweight. Maybe top 3
His hands deteriorate at Jacksons each day and his body at this age as well though.

Back