OVERWATCH, v5: The Wicked Witch is Dead

Brigitte is a monster if she closes the distance. No escaping her either because of her stun.

Brigette is such an awful character. What in the fuck were they thinking?

We in a triple support meta now bois. At least in the higher ranks. Have fun.

I'm torn on Brigitte. She's busted af and can be frustrating to play against, but as someone who loves playing Rein/Zarya, Brigitte compliments my play style A LOT. I'm enjoying it a lot more than Winston/Dva every game.

Went 4-1-1 last night.

Played tanks 100% of the time.

Been dominating with Reinhardt and Orissa Winspree.

I will probably instantly regret saying this, but tanking feels better.

Went 4-1-1 last night.

Played tanks 100% of the time.

Been dominating with Reinhardt and Orissa Winspree.

I will probably instantly regret saying this, but tanking feels better.

Alright after a few more games I've concluded that I'm loving this meta lol. I'm shredding so much with Rein. Gonna slurp all the SR i can while the getting's good.

Alright after a few more games I've concluded that I'm loving this meta lol. I'm shredding so much with Rein. Gonna slurp all the SR i can while the getting's good.
It's like rein has been so out of the meta the last couple of seasons that people don't know how to deal with a good rein anymore.

Being able to play well with both tanks and healers will be a key skill again.
I feel like flexing may finally pay off this season.

We in a triple support meta now bois. At least in the higher ranks. Have fun.
I honestly don't see low plat/high gold giving up 3+dps every game.

But the more flexing, the better. More players having a larger hero base is a good thing in the long run.

It's hilarious seeing the official ow forums go from pure panic over trollgette being op for weeks on end, to she's not so bad in one day.

I haven't had any problems playing against her, and I have been playing rein.

It's hilarious seeing the official ow forums go from pure panic over trollgette being op for weeks on end, to she's not so bad in one day.

I haven't had any problems playing against her, and I have been playing rein.
Then you're playing against bad Brigettes or your team has the better Brigette.

This might be true, my sample size is certainly small.
You also could have had a better Zarya. She's almost a must pick to limit some of the cc bullshit you have to deal with as Reinhardt now. Fun times were had.. by some.

You also could have had a better Zarya. She's almost a must pick to limit some of the cc bullshit you have to deal with as Reinhardt now. Fun times were had.. by some.

I can't remember if I had a zarya, but I will pay attention to that more carefully.

I played with trollgette last night in comp and I sucked. Lol switched to Jucio and did a lot better.

The reason why I never get too bothered by playing against any one particular hero is because I have a giant hero pool and I can flex to pretty much anything.

I only get tilted anym over the whole team picking poorly at once, or a mercy 2.0

I have a lot of trollgette go 1v1 against me as rein and they always lose

How do you even climb out of Bronze solo?

I know I'm not good. I just started playing the game, but there is no way for me to even find out I'm bad when my teams constantly pick 4-5 DPS. It's like I'm playing with semi-sentient potatoes in every single match.

Edit: Also, your SR shouldn't be effected if people leave your team. Two matches in a row with a leaver and now I'm below 1,000.

Last edited:
Hanzo, Junkrat, Lucio, and Tracer changes are live along with the new map.

I know I'm not good. I just started playing the game, but there is no way for me to even find out I'm bad when my teams constantly pick 4-5 DPS. It's like I'm playing with semi-sentient potatoes in every single match.

Edit: Also, your SR shouldn't be effected if people leave your team. Two matches in a row with a leaver and now I'm below 1,000.
To be honest I don't know. I've never played down there but I've heard stories from some friends and it sounds awful. Maybe start grinding D.Va until you feel you're good enough to carry matches. I say D.Va because she is probably the most valuable character in the game, she has incredible burst damage and her defense matrix can protect your teammates.

A couple of seasons ago I got hard stuck in low silver. Now I am usually in low plat.
So I know how you feel.

But there are some things you can do to help...

1. Don't tilt. Whatever comp throws at you look at it as a challenge to be solved. Be positive and don't give up before the match starts.

2. Group up. If you are like me, your prior fps experience is mostly focused on individual play and not team. I actually had to create the habbit of grouping up, since it was foreign to me. Even if you only can group up with 1-2 people because your team is filled with morons, it's still probably going to be more grouping up than the enemy team has.

#3 die less. Focus on methods and moves that can keep you alive just a little bit more. Don't chase kills at the expense of your own life. Use cover more effectively. Don't be afraid to run like a bitch if you're about to go against your hard counters. Know which hero match ups to avoid.

4 target prioritization. Finish off the weak ones first, target the healers and squishies that can't get away. Don't waste your time shooting a tank that's being healed, that's what the enemy team wants you to do. When you get a pic it gives you the huge advantage of a 6 v 5 that should start a snowball of enemy deaths.

5. Take your time and aim. Don't just spam fire that misses. Even the pros have to line up their shots. If you rush too much you won't be effective. Then focus really on hitting your target and slowly start to focus on getting more head shots when you're super close.

6. Look at your hero win percentages at comp. I play lots of different heros. If I played the ones that I am doing well with a little more and the ones I am struggling with a little less than my Sr would go up even more. I think I am a MUCH better rein than I am Orissa Winspree, but my win percentage heavily disgrees. There's almost a 15% difference.

7. Try out new characters. You're in bronze ffs, great place for you to find the heros you are truly good with. You never know until you give them a shot in comp.

8. avoid death spirals. If you're on a massive losing streak, take a break before it drags you way down.

9 ranking up is a slow crawl of two steps forward, one step back. Don't get frustrated with how long it takes.

Brigitte is a monster if she closes the distance. No escaping her either because of her stun.

I've pretty much taken to playing Lucio because he can defend himself and peel for the other healer. The new changes to his boop make it even better.

I get at least one dps per game that plays like they have never touched the fucking game before. Just running in alone and getting picked, swapping to like five different heroes throughout the course of a round and being just completely ineffective at everything. I don't know how they are not in bronze.

Last edited:
Reaper is a beast in this meta and I have already noticed the new Hanzo can carry like crazy if they're good.

I think these two heros will be very important in this meta

Brigette is the worst character they've added to the game. Holy shit. A stun ability that you're protected while using that's on a 5 second cool down and the armor added from her ult doesn't decay. Playing main tank has become just standing there and eating every cc ability in the game while hoping your healers can keep you alive and that your other teammates aren't bots and manage to kill something while you have zero fun playing the game.

Main tank were already the least played characters in the game and then they buff Reaper, Mei, Sombra, Hanzo, and add Brigette... definitely a good way to make people want to play main tank.

Last edited:
Back