Paddy Pimblett: Tony Ferguson training with Goggins is "f*cking stupid"

TGArthur

Square up with yo'self motherf*cker
@Steel
Reaction score
Paddy Pimblett slams Tony Ferguson’s “f*cking stupid” training with David Goggins.

💬
Paddy Pimblett: “I think it’s bizarre and I think it’s f*cking stupid. If there’s two things that Tony’s never needed help with it’s his mental state. Look at his cardio, he’s never had a problem with his cardio. So, I just don’t understand why he done it. He must be thinking that he’s not where he was mentally a few years ago. But, that’s not the reason he’s losing fights lad. It’s because he’s older, he’s lost athleticism, and he’s not as fast as he once was.”

https://brwlrz.co/ (referenced on Facebook, but don't see the article or source they referred it to)

406314117_362195506204250_5229784767599262130_n.jpg

Last edited:
It's hard to believe training with Goggins isn't doing some serious good but training that hard at his age with the fight so soon is the issue imo, maybe he's already finished and has time to properly recover.

I think this'll be the best version of Tony we've seen in a couple years, will he win? I hope so

If you're into that sort of self punishing physical training and mental limit testing, then - win or lose the Paddy fight - I'm sure it's an awesome experience training with Goggins to look back to. Not available to many. And, let's face it, this does seem to be working as a good promo tool to give people hope that Tony's gotta shot - "Mentally improved Tony! He can power through anything now!"
Without this, this match up would just come off as a complete and utter, hopeless squash match.

But, yeah, this reminds me of those two back-to-back weight cuts he did before losing to Justin. Just wasn't needed, this torture. Beyond that, the dude's pushing 40, has a fixed knee and taken who knows how much damage from fighting and his unusual training methods throughout the years. Paddy's gonna fight a very physically worn out version of Tony. That's all there is to it.

Tony's issue isn't mental toughness or cardio. He doesn't really have the basics to fall back on once he got older. His game plan is also a little off. His coaches are all new and they don't really have a good idea what they can do with him.

Tony's issue isn't mental toughness or cardio. He doesn't really have the basics to fall back on once he got older. His game plan is also a little off. His coaches are all new and they don't really have a good idea what they can do.
Yeah, Tony relied on his athleticism. Dude is shot, nothing he does now can help him

Tony beats this guy. I don't care how washed he is. Paddy ain't having this W.

🥲

Probably gonna be the same Tony that showed and looked drunk against Nate and got subbed.

That Tony ain't isn't beating Paddy.

Paddy Pimblett slams Tony Ferguson’s “f*cking stupid” training with David Goggins.

💬
Paddy Pimblett: “I think it’s bizarre and I think it’s f*cking stupid. If there’s two things that Tony’s never needed help with it’s his mental state. Look at his cardio, he’s never had a problem with his cardio. So, I just don’t understand why he done it. He must be thinking that he’s not where he was mentally a few years ago. But, that’s not the reason he’s losing fights lad. It’s because he’s older, he’s lost athleticism, and he’s not as fast as he once was.”

https://brwlrz.co/ (referenced on Facebook, but don't see the article or source they referred it to)

View attachment 1013769
I am a fan of Paddy for one fight. Then I go back to not caring.

If you're into that sort of self punishing physical training and mental limit testing, then - win or lose the Paddy fight - I'm sure it's an awesome experience training with Goggins to look back to. Not available to many. And, let's face it, this does seem to be working as a good promo tool to give people hope that Tony's gotta shot - "Mentally improved Tony! He can power through anything now!"
Without this, this match up would just come off as a complete and utter, hopeless squash match.

But, yeah, this reminds me of those two back-to-back weight cuts he did before losing to Justin. Just wasn't needed, this torture. Beyond that, the dude's pushing 40, has a fixed knee and taken who knows how much damage from fighting and his unusual training methods throughout the years. Paddy's gonna fight a very physically worn out version of Tony. That's all there is to it.
That was a nice way of saying Paddy should be cut if he can't beat this old washed CTE ridden bastard

It's hard to believe training with Goggins isn't doing some serious good but training that hard at his age with the fight so soon is the issue imo, maybe he's already finished and has time to properly recover.

I think this'll be the best version of Tony we've seen in a couple years, will he win? I hope so

Why would it do good? Goggins isn’t actually known for being a good coach. Any athlete going around goggins is a ducking idiot getting sucked into the hype. Any idiot can tell you to run for 12 hours without stopping or do lunges for 5 kms. Neither of those things achieve anything but a broken body.

💬

View attachment 1013769

Goggins would have a field day with fatty Paddy...

They don't know me son!.

Stay Hard!

Tony really shot himself in the foot with all his weird ass training, especially the S&C side of things.

This will probably be either no change at all or a slight improvement.
I remember he does the weight cut twice for the fans, maximum stupid , i think from there he lost every fight ….. and some days ago , i dreamed paddy choked him out 😒

Back