Paddy Pimblett: Tony Ferguson training with Goggins is "f*cking stupid"

It would be silly for most humans to pass up on such an opportunity. Getting put through hell week by Goggins Is some warrior shit.

Tony's mental has always been strong, but his mental health has been spotty. I don't see how this hurts him. Perhaps it's the push he needs to perform to his potential in his older age.

Paddy should go train with Goggin's. Maybe he wouldn't balloon up to 200 pounds in between fights if some of Goggins discipline rubbed off on him.

Just Sayin. {<shrug}

It's hard to believe training with Goggins isn't doing some serious good but training that hard at his age with the fight so soon is the issue imo, maybe he's already finished and has time to properly recover.

I think this'll be the best version of Tony we've seen in a couple years, will he win? I hope so

it's doing some serious good for what ? running an ultra marathon? doing a triathlon? an iron man or a Spartan race ? yeah probably

now for fighting in an MMA cage fight ? yeah probably close to nothing

Meh people lay too much on age in training, people are different and should be treated as such. I am much older than most in the gym and that I train with and I run circles around most of them and recover faster and keep going. However I do notice my bodies age when it comes to certain actions but as for how hard I can train and recover...that is not a problem and really never has been. Tony knows his body better than you pricks and training with Goggins wont diminish him...what Tony's issue is and its the same with many older fighters is the fight miles he has put in...the man has been a part of so many wars, so many injures over the years...that is why he has diminished period...not his training.

He may be right but Tony is out for blood this fight. Tony will roll this guy up vintage El Cucuy-style.

~CSO~

Paddy is a joke. Taking the Ferg fight at this stage in both of their careers lacks integrity amongst other things

Surprisingly perceptive of Paddy.

It's true, but I'd still love to see Cucuy pull one last rabbit outta the hat and grab a W.
As much as I love Tony and I would love to see him get a dub, I fear Tony will be emboldened to prolong his career (UFC would love to continue using his name to pad their PPVs) and possibly take another gatekeeper fight vs a killer on the rise and take more CTE damage, similar to the way Chandler destroyed him

It really depends on how he is using him, and how much time he devoting to whatever crazy shit Goggins has lined up for him. I think there is some value in pushing his body to the limit, but he definitely should be doing more sparring and bag work, than running naked on a treadmill in a meat freezer or whatever the fuck Goggins has him doing.

Tony is trying to find the animal in him. His confidence is shot and he needs to rediscover his killer instinct that lead him to butcher guys in blood baths. Honestly, Goggins may help him get back to that warrior mindset and find it.

I really hope vintage Tony comes back and cuts paddy all to hell in a vicious bloodbath victory. Just bleed Tony please god

Idk what Tony can or should do at this point. The only guy he looked good against was Chandler, but because Chandler is a bum. He looked terrible against everyone else. Even if he beats Paddy, i don't think he can ever come back. The beating gaethje gave him seemed to have ended his career.

How the mighty have fallen. Just a few years ago you wouldn't have given Paddy a 1% chance at beating Tony, now I don't know who's gonna win. Tony and Cody are in a race to see who can get to the bottom first.

I mean he could've trained with Diego Sanchez and the guy that was using him as a punching bag while he hung upside-down.

I don't think any MMA coach is ever going to get through to Tony, so maybe him just doing this type of training is what's best for him, at least he's actually doing some kind of physical exercise.

I mean retirement would be ideal, but if he's going to stick around this might be the best option for him. If he was willing to throw loads of volume, I feel like he could still be a menace against some fighters, like what he did to Pettis. Who knows, maybe in some retarded way it helps him to get over some mental block, and he actually starts throwing volume again

Back