People never talk abt it, but Khabib did lose

Regardless of whether he won or lost the fight. He's been clowned at lightweight.

The RDA win wasn't impressive, some nice takedowns, but no effective GnP or damage, just lay and pray, with RDA looking at worst annoyed and even landing a few takedowns of his own later in the fight.

MJ absorbed near 3 rounds of flush GnP and didn't get TKO'd.

Even khabib's most notable wins aren't very convincing IMO
Pretty sure that in his only takedown attempt RDA got judo thrown into oblivion. It seems like you didn't watch the fight if you weren't impressed by Khabib's performance

Except of course stuff like 20 takedowns, get 2 (brief) takedowns himself and land more strikes.

But otherwise, yeah Tibau did nothing.
13 tds

Landed 1 td where he didn't secure any position

landed maybe 3 more sig strikes and less overall.

So yeah. Nothing

He lost to Tibau but Khabib got a gift decision

Shows he's far from unbeatable

Sidenote--- Tibau is a good fighter. Considering Bisping and GSP are retiring, I wouldn't be surprised if he holds the all time most fights in ufc history spot for a while one day.

If you give him the 3 times the judges screwed him (khabib, Melvin and Dunham) he's 19-7 in the UFC. Better win percentage than Bisping

low key a good solid fighter. coming back from suspension against another beast. He's fought everyone.
this topic has already been gone over. the judges got it right.

I thought it was close and tibau edged him. However, that fight just showed how beatable khabib is and took away the aura of his greatness. It showed its possible to defend the takedowns and how absolute shit khabib's striking is.

Tibau was also juicing tho

And still more than Khabib.
Actually no. Khabib pushed the pace, landed more overall, was the aggressor, and Controled on the cage.

Tibau defended and that's it. He lost get over it. He did nothing to warrant a victory. At best he could have made it a draw.

tibau ad insane takedown defense that fight. either that or nurmy was off a step with his takedowns
Tibau has one of the highest percentages in UFC history for takedown defense. Add to the fact that he was juiced to the gills, I'm not even sure Brock Lesnar could have taken him down.

A lot of people have "lost" like that. Even floyd mayweather has lost.

There's a lot of BS decisions in combat sports, but it was a close fight and he got a little lucky. It still goes down in the win column.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I remember Khabib said Tibau was bigger and stronger,even though Khabib would cut crazy amount of weight himself. Khabib tried to take him down whole fight and Tibau was only defending, if you want to be fair - its a draw, noone of them made enough to call it victory.
Joe Rogan has stated before on his podcast that Tibau is probably the very best at weight cutting in the entire UFC. He is huge for the weight class and Rogan said he truly has no idea how the guy is able to cut down to 155 without dying, but he does it nonetheless

says here that Tibau lost to Khabib by u·nan·i·mous decision... then Tibau went on to get popped for peds and lost to dunham, johnso,n ferguson, and trujillo. Khabib went on to wins over 6 more dudes.

you and your thread both suck.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Gleison-Tibau-5993

Pretty sure that in his only takedown attempt RDA got judo thrown into oblivion. It seems like you didn't watch the fight if you weren't impressed by Khabib's performance

I'm impressed somewhat by his ability to take guys down, very disappointed with his ability to damage to anyone with a decent grappling game.

It's Pretty obvious that he'll struggle with anyone capable of providing more resistance than Dos Anjos, especially over 5 rounds, who was already a stalemate of sorts for khabib.

Unlike some I'm not interested in seeing khabib hugging his way to the top. If that's what you consider a great peformance by khabib, we can call it a day and hope for his imminent retirement

Back