Poirier vs Alvarez 2, who ya got?

Actually the tide was turning immensely for Alvarez then he knee'd him illegally cause Poirier was hurt and took advantage of the rules by putting his hand on the mat knowing he could stand himself up..

Alvarez came back from being in huge trouble but I definitely wouldn't say immensely. They were both trading when Eddie got the take down. I really don't know where you are getting that Dustin was "taking advantage of the rules". He was trying to get up and Eddie was on top of him holding him down. This sequence was just a few seconds. There is no evidence to make these assumptions, especially a tough gritty fighter like Dustin. For Christ's sake he got poked in the eye in his last fight, his eye was all kinds of fucked up and he didn't even want a break.

Here watch it again,

It's like comparing strawberry jam to blackcurrant jam, it's a tie.

alvarez was a beast against gaethje, he looked hungry. but poirier is awfully technical and he's surging right now. I'd vote poirier but it would be a war.

Poirier almost quit against Justin.

Based on what? You all are absolutely insane. What the hell does "almost quit" even mean? You people sound like haters desperately grasping at straws.

Alvarez came back from being in huge trouble but I definitely wouldn't say immensely. They were both trading when Eddie got the take down. I really don't know where you are getting that Dustin was "taking advantage of the rules". He was trying to get up and Eddie was on top of him holding him down. This sequence was just a few seconds. There is no evidence to make these assumptions, especially a tough gritty fighter like Dustin. For Christ's sake he got poked in the eye in his last fight, his eye was all kinds of fucked up and he didn't even want a break.

Here watch it again,

Well, at that point, when Eddie got the takedown and Dustins butt was on the mat he didnt do the knee but Eddie did it when Dustin was on his way up but then Dustin messed up when he went back down on purpose and put his hands on the mat cause he got nervous. He probably thought Poirier had got his hands off the mat like Mousasi/Weidman except Dustin was lower, Eddie wasnt in the line of vision to see whether Dustin had his hands on the mat or not. He was focused on making Dustin carry his body weight.

Based on what? You all are absolutely insane. What the hell does "almost quit" even mean? You people sound like haters desperately grasping at straws.

Listen to his conversation with the ref after the eyepoke.

Poirier. Wonder why Alvarez was avoiding the match up before.
did he avoid it? or was he offered a better deal and took it?

DW: "hey Nelly, you can have x (for x, insert your year's salary) to fight, or you can have 2x to go live in Vegas for a few months on us, be on TV, teach some kids some shit, and then fight"

Nelly: ... actually, it's a rhetorical question, so you don't need to answer.

I'd pick Alvarez again. He knocked Poirier silly the first time, and that was his first fight back after being embarrassed by Conor. I think Alvarez at his best smashes Dustin.

Alvarez.

He broke Dustin the first time.

Really? That was not my memory of it at all so I went back and rewatched the fight. Poirier stuffed all of Eddie's take downs in round 1 and cut him over the eye. In round 2 Poirier had Alvarez on queer street for most of the round until Eddie threw 3 illegal knees. Poirier was tuning Eddie the fuck up in that fight.

Well, at that point, when Eddie got the takedown and Dustins butt was on the mat he didnt do the knee but Eddie did it when Dustin was on his way up but then Dustin messed up when he went back down on purpose and put his hands on the mat cause he got nervous. He probably thought Poirier had got his hands off the mat like Mousasi/Weidman except Dustin was lower, Eddie wasnt in the line of vision to see whether Dustin had his hands on the mat or not. He was focused on making Dustin carry his body weight.

I' wouldn't claim that Eddie definitely did it on purpose but at best he was being careless. He was holding Dustin down and without being able to see he was throwing knees to his head.

Really? That was not my memory of it at all so I went back and rewatched the fight. Poirier stuffed all of Eddie's take downs in round 1 and cut him over the eye. In round 2 Poirier had Alvarez on queer street for most of the round until Eddie threw 3 illegal knees. Poirier was tuning Eddie the fuck up in that fight.

I re-watched it. Round one was close, but Dustin edged it. Round two was close, but Eddie was picking up the pace, then Dustin landed a counter and went for the finish but got rocked by a big left hook from Eddie. Eddie clinched and got the takedown. Then the illegal knee.

I just feel like that wasn't the best version of Alvarez, but I feel like even without the illegal knee, he was on his way to winning.

Don't get how people are saying Eddie broke Dustin or how Dustin wanted out(Eddie himself actually said this too) when the game changer in that fight were the illegal knees. If Eddie followed the rules and didn't go for them we would have had a hell of a different fight on our hands. Then again these people who are saying that are probably the same ones who claim Jones would beat DC without the PEDs so no use in trying to argue.

I think Dustin is better technically but Eddie is good at pulling stuff out of his ass and changing the tide, so would be a war again most likely.

I re-watched it. Round one was close, but Dustin edged it. Round two was close, but Eddie was picking up the pace, then Dustin landed a counter and went for the finish but got rocked by a big left hook from Eddie. Eddie clinched and got the takedown. Then the illegal knee.

I just feel like that wasn't the best version of Alvarez, but I feel like even without the illegal knee, he was on his way to winning.

It would be a good rematch that people want to see, that's for sure. Close to a 50/50 fight for me.

Porier probably sleeps him this time.

Eddie seems to think so to since he’s been avoiding the rematch like the plague.

Probably Poirer but I think Alvarez has a better chance of beating Khabib.

Poirier vs Alvarez 2, who ya got?
Poirier is the cleaner striker of the 2, however Eddie is much grittier and dangerous.

Hard fight to call, but if I was to put money on it I'm going with Poirier.

Please explain to me what happened before the knees. The dude was clearly wilting and Eddie bailed him out with the illegal knee excuse.

I know it's a rule, but the rule is doo-doo, the guy was a few cm's lower than before so now the knee is more devastating? Stupid BS.

He was done, hence why he said he couldn't see.

Please explain to me what happened before the knees. The dude was clearly wilting and Eddie bailed him out with the illegal knee excuse.

I know it's a rule, but the rule is doo-doo, the guy was a few cm's lower than before so now the knee is more devastating? Stupid BS.

He was done, hence why he said he couldn't see.

I didn't see it that way at all. I saw Poirier win round 1 and dominate most of round 2 before the illegal knees. Yea Eddie landed a few strikes but prior to that Poirier had been outclassing him for a round and half. Believe me, Eddie doesn't want that fight right now. He might think he does but it will be a mistake he pays for.

Back