POLL: Does Volk deserve an immediate rematch?

Does Volk deserve an immediate rematch?

• Total voters
You can't give Israel two immediate rematches and not offer Volk one

No need, also he has been KO´d twice in a row in a kind of short timespan, let the man enjoy Zuckerberg friendship or something, he can try LW if he feels like it, he shouldnt and wont get a rematch on either division anyway.

No. Volk is awesome and all but he needs to take 6 months off and then a fight to see where he is at first.

If this wasn't directly after the Islam KO, I would have said yes.

Nah he deserves a rematch. He just fought too soon
The damage is probably done at this point. How do you come back from back to back ko losses and beat Topuria.....I dont see it happening.

He does deserve a rematch tho based on merit. But i dont think it goes well.

I disagree, flukes do happen. Sometimes guys get caught. He was fighting too soon after the islam fight

Agree to disagree. I see your point and I get it.. I just think if you lose fair and square with no controversy, you don't deserve an immediate rematch.

He deserves the rematch if he wants it. He will lose of course. He should never have taken the previous rematch on short notice. Once your chin is cracked your done for

Of course he deserves an immediate rematch. Yous are acting like every immediate rematch is wrong. 6 straight featherweight title wins, 2 rounds lost in those 6 fights, incredibly dominant. He earned it by dominating for years

Voted yes because I think he technically deserves it, but as a fan I hope he doesn't get one. As I said in another thread, as a huge Volk supporter I hope he takes an extended break and maybe come back for a last LW run.

No one deserves an instant rematch outside of a judging or ref failure. You especially shouldn't get a rematch if you get finished. Win a a tough fight and then get your rematch.

I'm so tired of this having to beat the champ twice for it to count. Imagine that in any other sport. If SF beat the Chiefs in the Super Bowl, should they have to play again the next Sunday to make sure they actually won? So dumb.

No way. Want to see Ilia vs. Max.

He absolutely deserves it but he shouldn't take it, he's had two bad KO losses in a short time now

Bro, didn't survive 2 rounds. Why the fuck would he deserve a rematch?

Volk has been hittable, and has become prone to left hooks. He'd get slept again in a rematch.

He'll get one regardless so this thread is pointless.

Does Volk deserve an immediate rematch? OF COURSE he does...he was undefeated at 145 with five title defenses.

Now...should Volk take it? NO. IMHO, he should take some time and let Ilia have a defense...Volk could either take a tune up or take the rematch, but either way should do so after some time off. Two KO's warrants a break.

Volk needs at least 6 months to recover.

Let him get another fight in later this year, same with Ilia, and if they both win then let them bang again maybe this time next year.

Back