Positive Thread about Canelo

You're overstating a tad when you talk about Canelo at 47.

Nope. Canelo at 19 years of age had the prime physique of a 147 fighter. He looked liked Oscar's torso at 147. Canelo was walking guys down to the ropes and banging away the way Spence has. That started to fade when going against elites at 154. Still some remnants from Kirkland and Smith Jr.

Now Canelo is in the PBF stage of transition. People are too caught in the momemnt with GGG. Boxing fans LOVE good fights. Canelo never once played rope a dope in the rematch or got to do any of the skilled things he showed in the first GGG bout. That right there is INSANE!! The context being, when Canelo fight Charlo, he can choose to mix rope a dope and defense or come forward as he chooses. I dont even like the Canelo in the rematch 2 because he was persuaded to fight that way which isnt his style. I like Canelo in bout 1. Defense fine tunes reflexes for harder fights. If and when Canelo goes to 168 he will look like Cotto's defense when he moved to 154. I loved Cotto's movement against Canelo. Last great WISE work that Cotto showed. THe best of Canelo is to come. and he will gain fans because the reality of being awed

Nope. Canelo at 19 years of age had the prime physique of a 147 fighter. He looked liked Oscar's torso at 147. Canelo was walking guys down to the ropes and banging away the way Spence has. That started to fade when going against elites at 154. Still some remnants from Kirkland and Smith Jr.

Shit, he might have had the physique, but he sure as hell didn't have the polish.

Now Canelo is in the PBF stage of transition. People are too caught in the momemnt with GGG. Boxing fans LOVE good fights. Canelo never once played rope a dope in the rematch or got to do any of the skilled things he showed in the first GGG bout. That right there is INSANE!! The context being, when Canelo fight Charlo, he can choose to mix rope a dope and defense or come forward as he chooses. I dont even like the Canelo in the rematch 2 because he was persuaded to fight that way which isnt his style. I like Canelo in bout 1. Defense fine tunes reflexes for harder fights. If and when Canelo goes to 168 he will look like Cotto's defense when he moved to 154. I loved Cotto's movement against Canelo. Last great WISE work that Cotto showed. THe best of Canelo is to come. and he will gain fans because the reality of being awed

Canelo isn't a big framed MW (and now he's dropped mass to improve his stamina, making him arguably small for the weight), so I think SMW could be a bridge too far, especially with guys like Benavidez there. I mean, it's not a strong division at the moment, and I could see him and Golovkin beat Groves, but Uzcategui and Benavidez are no bueno for either of them, I think.

Shit, he might have had the physique, but he sure as hell didn't have the polish.

Canelo isn't a big framed MW, so I think SMW could be a bridge too far, especially with guys like Benavidez there. I mean, it's not a strong division at the moment, and I could see him and Golovkin beat Groves, but Uzcategui and Benavidez are no bueno for either of them, I think.

The good thing is we agree on the ways of matchmaking, no different how RJJ seized the opportunity to fight the weakest link in John Ruiz let's be real. That being said, maybe at the last days of retirement, I could see a Canelo looking the way Vinny Paz did at 168 against RJJ. Paz, the more inferior fighter than any mentioned, looked like 190lbs in that fight looking like a midget. Therefore, since Canelo is also a midget, expect an even better midget performance in a bulked up looking Canelo at 175 to finish his career. however at that point, I don't see Canelo weighing more than 180lbs on fight night. People cant assume a consistent super add on weight going up. Its the same thing the way NATURAL multiple 4 division champs do. I hate Broner, but look at his stocky physique now, like a midget 154 version of a smaller Curtis Stevens even though broner started at 130lbs and is older than Canelo...

What I like about the REYNOSO'S is that they ARE TRUE to the craft. They have uploads of Zurdo Ramirez sparring Canelo. Even Zurdo's jab in that sparring flopping Canelo's neck makes Golovkin's jab nothing, and that was with Head gear!! Boxing fans need to realize that Canelo proved to the boxing world, which is why so many like Tyson, RJJ, or Toney love the fact that Canelo fought rope a dope in bout 1. EVERYBODY SAID CANELO NEVER FOUGHT THAT WAY. Then the rematch comes. ''CANELO NEVER FOUGHT THAT WAY.''

This is the reason why GGG was nervous coming in to the ring in the first fight. CANELO IS A COMPLETE FIGHTER! GGG fans dont see that.

The good thing is we agree on the ways of matchmaking, no different how RJJ seized the opportunity to fight the weakest link in John Ruiz let's be real. That being said, maybe at the last days of retirement, I could see a Canelo looking the way Vinny Paz did at 168 against RJJ. Paz, the more inferior fighter than any mentioned, looked like 190lbs in that fight looking like a midget. Therefore, since Canelo is also a midget, expect an even better midget performance in a bulked up looking Canelo at 175 to finish his career. however at that point, I don't see Canelo weighing more than 180lbs on fight night. People cant assume a consistent super add on weight going up. Its the same thing the way NATURAL multiple 4 division champs do. I hate Broner, but look at his stocky physique now, like a midget 154 version of a smaller Curtis Stevens even though broner started at 130lbs and is older than Canelo...

I fail to see why you're talking about Canelo to 68, though. 60 has a lot of talent, right now. Maybe Zurdo (who I don't think too highly of) is a big money fight down the road, but Canelo has a lot on his plate at the moment, and he makes a lot of money against any potential challenger.

What I like about the REYNOSO'S is that they ARE TRUE to the craft. They have uploads of Zurdo Ramirez sparring Canelo. Even Zurdo's jab in that sparring flopping Canelo's neck makes Golovkin's jab nothing, and that was with Head gear!! Boxing fans need to realize that Canelo proved to the boxing world, which is why so many like Tyson, RJJ, or Toney love the fact that Canelo fought rope a dope in bout 1. EVERYBODY SAID CANELO NEVER FOUGHT THAT WAY. Then the rematch comes. ''CANELO NEVER FOUGHT THAT WAY.''

This is the reason why GGG was nervous coming in to the ring in the first fight. CANELO IS A COMPLETE FIGHTER! GGG fans dont see that.

Not entirely sure what you're trying to convey here, but sure?

I fail to see why you're talking about Canelo to 68, though. 60 has a lot of talent, right now. Maybe Zurdo (who I don't think too highly of) is a big money fight down the road, but Canelo has a lot on his plate at the moment, and he makes a lot of money against any potential challenger.

Not entirely sure what you're trying to convey here, but sure?

I'm sure I was talking about age in my comments. I didn't say Canelo would fight above 160 NOW.

First thing's first. Should Jacob win, he FINALLY becomes a World Champion. THEN I would like him to fight Canelo.

I agree with you 100 percent.

Canelo wil then have to fight ANY of These CHAMPIONS added to his resume:

Jacobs
Andrade or BJS
Charlo (Twins...possible rivalry series against the Mexican - revenge themed)
Lemieux (though I don't credit as a big win)
Munguia (since I think Hurd should be at 160...I'm sure you get the point)

Should Canelo beat any of these guys or UNIFY in the next couple of years, thats at least 4 quality Champions under his resume. Canelo looks to have a great future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back