Predicting it now: Ferg will break the UFC record for most consecutive losses

Win or lose, Tony's always produced good fights.

That said, something was very off with him against Diaz.
I didnt really think his performances against Olivera or Beniel were good either. The Chandler fight was fun,and that got him fuckin killed

Chuck Liddell is before my UFC time as I only watched boxing then. But I've seen a lot of stuff retroactively and I get sad Chuck vibes from Tony. I wish him well but hope someone makes him stop.

A sherdogger who hasn't watched MMA since UFC 1 in 1993 on a rented VHS tape? Ye, Right. <[analyzed}>

Chuck's descent into loserdom was particularly tough to watch, because much like Tony, he was only losing to top guys, and was the favorite to win ever single one of his UFC fights since the second Randy Couture fight (except for Wanderlei, it was common knowledge that Silva was a match-up for the Iceman so the Axe Murderer was the favorite in that one, the only one Chuck won, weirdly)...

and in some cases like his last fight againt Ace Franklin (ah shit forgot then remembered the third Tito fight <{clintugh}> ), he was looking good before he lost and even had friggin' ABS

That was 13 years ago? Fuck we're old <WhitmanDefeat>

Anyway, Chuck looked sharp as fuck, great striking, movements and takedowns, and he even broke Franklin's arm! Who knows if he would have been able to continue had they made it to the second round, right?
But with just 8 seconds left in the round, this happened =>

So, as hard as it is to believe 13 years later, at the time lots of fans wanted Chuck to get one last UFC bout "just to make sure", much like a decent chunk of Sherdog believes that it's ok to let Tony hand in the UFC and fight boxers like Bobby Green...

Yup, the Sexyama treatment.

Yeah well, Sexyama took part in the Sakuraba and Shibata treatments and friggin' greased against mummy Saku, so I'm not too broken up about it... well, I don't want to seem cold, and...
... it might seem hypocritical since Aoki also took part in the Saku pillaging (at least he had the good sense of looking super guilty after the fight was over, tearing up and all), but I was probably the only one here rooting for Aoki againt Sexy last yeah, for all the good it did

Anyway, I'm not a Tony fan, I usually root for his opponents... I think it started during the Werdum incident where I just found Tony insufferable and would have love to see Werdum punt his midget ass over the fence...
BUT
For Ferguson's good, I think getting out of the UFC and fighting... well I was going to say cans, but even in Bellator and the PFL they have some good LWs, and Tony will insist on fighting their top guys only, so I'm not sure where he'd be the safest?

I don't want the dude to end up on BKFC against Datsik, or pull a Bigfoot Silva and get a whoop-ass tour in every possible way (kickboxing, regular boxing, bare-knuckle boxing, MMA) <{chips}>

Oh well, no use mulling over it, as a Sakuraba fanboy I've worried enough about my favorite fighter getting his own 5 losses in a row... at least he had a renaissance in QUINTET where he couldn't get hit no more, but still it hurt so much at the time...

Last edited:
It's not Tony's fault he is losing, it is the media's for bringing attention to it.

80% of the division can’t beat Nate Diaz.

Well I dunno who this 80% are but his UFC record is 16-11.

That's a 59% win rate.

The only guys of any note he beat were... midget McGregor. Who then avenged his loss. Anthony Petis and a brain-damaged Tony Ferguson.

He's near-impossible to finish. But other than that, he sucks; no defence (taking endless damage and having no skill is not cool), shit striking; no kicks and jelly arm pitter pat punches with terrible form... one of the worst strikers I've seen just in terms of form. I know he goes for volume, just saying his form is abysmal and anyone who says 'well it's effective'... well obviously not, or he'd have won more fights with it wouldn't he.

He is top 5 most submission wins ever though, with 10.
Something I never see mentioned. So, give him that.

Last edited:
I don't think the UFC will keep him around much longer if he loses this one, wouldn't be surprised if he gets cut after a loss to Green or the next one.

Back