Professional Fighters League- 2018 Season (2)

Dogs were barking tonight! 8.24 units profit on Alencar, Bezerra & Ataev getting the upsets.

PFL 7 Results
Risk $960.11

Bazigit Ataev (+165) vs Sean O'Connell $100.00 for $165.00= $165.00
Bazigit Ataev (+148) vs Sean O'Connell ~$76.18 for ~$112.74= ~$112.74

Alexandre Bezerra (+168) vs Magomed Idrisov ~$69.25 for ~$116.34= ~$116.34
Alexandre Bezerra (+120) vs Magomed Idrisov $100.00 for $120.00= $120.00
Alexandre Bezerra (+120) vs Magomed Idrisov $100.00 for $120.00= $120.00

Paul Bradley (+149) vs Anderson Ferreira ~$76.18 for ~$113.51= -~$76.18

Caio Alencar (+135) vs Mike Kyle $100.00 for $135.00= $135.00
Mike Kyle (-119) vs Caio Alencar ~$138.50 for ~$116.39= -~$138.50
-----
Sub-Total= $810.00
Sub-Total= ~$14.40

Total Profit= $824.40

Made 11 units tonight and it looked like this whole thread seemed to kill it. Well done boys!!

Thanks for at least increasing my confidence in Ataev. Wish I bet more here. I really should just tail you guys on these cards lol

Do any of you guys know if Bozigit Ataev was in prison or something?

While looking at his record just now, I noticed he made his MMA debut over 18 years ago, and went on a 10.5 year hiatus from MMA (2006-2017).

My only guess why a guy with a good record would go on a 10.5 year hiatus from MMA is that he was in prison. Seems weird for someone to be on a winning streak in MMA and then just retire.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Bozigit-Ataev-2263

My only guess why a guy with a good record would go on a 10.5 year hiatus from MMA is that he was in prison. Seems weird for someone to be on a winning streak in MMA and then just retire.

I don't think it's that weird lol. Maybe he wanted to spend more time with his family, or wasn't finding financial stability without big-org contracts, or simply wanted to do something else. Maybe he just realized recently he still has fight left in him and took the opportunity.

edit: apparently he competed at the 2013 World Wushu Championships: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_World_Wushu_Championships

Just watched the fights now and a nice sweep for me as well and have this parlay ending with Dodson :) Didn't have money on Alencar, but Mike Kyle shooting for takedowns and throwing those dumb kicks had me laughing so hard. Love these PFL cards, always fun fights, the broadcast team is awesome and that most of the fighters are juiced to the gills also helps. Definitely my favorite organisation next to the UFC.
PFL7.JPG

Last edited:
I don't track my results as closely as I used to (or as I probably should) but that's a choice I made a few years ago when I realized how much time I was spending analyzing them. It's a hobby for me, and I just have too much other stuff going on to devote time to both watching tape and live cards, AND tracking and and analyzing results a lot. That said, by my count this year I'm roughly 8u up in total on UFC bets with a microscopic ROI, but 12+ units up on PFL with a WAY better ROI (obviously). Given how much more time I spend capping UFC, makes me wonder what the hell I'm doing LOL. I guess PFL is just such a tiny sample size and hitting monster dogs like Cooper over Shields skews it. Still, makes me glad it's just a hobby for me or I'd be trying to figure out if I'm wasting my time watching so much tape for UFC cards!

I don't track my results as closely as I used to (or as I probably should) but that's a choice I made a few years ago when I realized how much time I was spending analyzing them. It's a hobby for me, and I just have too much other stuff going on to devote time to both watching tape and live cards, AND tracking and and analyzing results a lot. That said, by my count this year I'm roughly 8u up in total on UFC bets with a microscopic ROI, but 12+ units up on PFL with a WAY better ROI (obviously). Given how much more time I spend capping UFC, makes me wonder what the hell I'm doing LOL. I guess PFL is just such a tiny sample size and hitting monster dogs like Cooper over Shields skews it. Still, makes me glad it's just a hobby for me or I'd be trying to figure out if I'm wasting my time watching so much tape for UFC cards!
I think overall the lines for UFC fights are set much better than for the the PFL and smaller organisations with fighters that are less known and have less footage available, so there's more lines that aren't set right and it's easier to profit of them.

PFL and Tuesday Night Contender Series was ridiculously profitable for me. AXS has been more profitable than previous years too, but not great.

All in all, I've had a pretty profitable year. Like you, I don't keep track anymore and just follow my balance/payouts. I've actually done very well on UFC too, and my strategy is basically going with my gut. I think I had a spell there where I was overanalyzing. I make early plays on the ones where I have strong feel. Those will be a bit larger than others. I then have a few that I make my mind up on and play medium size, and then the last ones for action are really small. It's been working out solid.

Do any of you guys know if Bozigit Ataev was in prison or something?

While looking at his record just now, I noticed he made his MMA debut over 18 years ago, and went on a 10.5 year hiatus from MMA (2006-2017).

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Bozigit-Ataev-2263

He is from a very rich family. He fought San Shou in that off time too.

hD3YHtY.jpg

Are they going to have all events on fridays instead of thursdays now or is it just this one?
The next PFL's will be on Saturday 13 and 20 October, so they just have this one on Friday becuase of the UFC I guess

Anyone know if they’ll be releasing lines for the initial batch of 2-round fights? I read through the PFL Rules PDF and it says if it’s a draw after 2 rounds, the winner of round 1 advances for the purposes of the tournament, but for the purposes of fighters’ official records it’s technically a draw. Seems like it might get a bit confusing as far as how books would treat that.

The next PFL's will be on Saturday 13 and 20 October, so they just have this one on Friday becuase of the UFC I guess

Nice. I was not a fan of the Thursday fights.

Nice. I was not a fan of the Thursday fights.
Thursday was awesome for the regular season. Friday or Saturday cards run the risk of competing with the UFC and Bellator events. This Friday they mostly have the night to themselves luckily.

Thursday was awesome for the regular season. Friday or Saturday cards run the risk of competing with the UFC and Bellator events. This Friday they mostly have the night to themselves luckily.

When you have kids in sports and wake up at 6 AM, it's rough to try to catch cards on a weekday.

Back