News Proper 12 Bought Out For (Potentially) $600 million

Dude makes it rain. One of the best business athletes right now.

Conor doesn't get 600 million. Nor was he the majority owner of their stake of the company.

I know. People really need to take 30 seconds to read and then another 30 to think. I’m sure he’s still getting plenty of money, but he’s getting nowhere near 600MM. First, because the article says, “worth UP TO $600MM” which means an earn-out or something of the sort. If I give you $1 for your house plus $100 if I find oil in your backyard, the headline will be that you signed a deal worth as much as $100 and then people will go around talking about your $100 deal. Second, the business partner just said that the figure includes $250MM already earned. So now we are talking about a deal worth as much as $350MM. Furthermore, it’s not impossible but it is unlikely that this guy nobody has heard of was just a tiny equity holder. Normally in these sorts of deals you see (1) the money guy, (2) the sweat equity/expertise guy, and, when there’s a big name involved, (3) the famous guy. If the sweat equity/expertise guy and/or the famous guy have the money, they generally don’t bother with the money guy.

He still seems to be doing very well, so more power to him. Good to see him cashing in on his notoriety. But if we’re gonna talk numbers let’s at least give them some routine scrutiny.

First off, I'm not a fan of Conor.

That being said, good for him! I'm happy for any fighter that can find an alternate revenue stream.

OIP.givIKPgbS01Da2b0iLKWMgAAAA

Because Dana isn't paying ANYONE like that.

I'm neither a Conor fan nor hater, but there may never be another MMA fighter-businessman as successful as him!

Hespect for the dude's acumen for selling himself and effectively investing his earnings.

i drank a whole bottle of his prop 12. to me, it felt watered down. tastes good but i wasn't raging the way i should when drinking whiskey.

Dee is breaking out those red panties right now
{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}

I know. People really need to take 30 seconds to read and then another 30 to think. I’m sure he’s still getting plenty of money, but he’s getting nowhere near 600MM. First, because the article says, “worth UP TO $600MM” which means an earn-out or something of the sort. If I give you $1 for your house plus $100 if I find oil in your backyard, the headline will be that you signed a deal worth as much as $100 and then people will go around talking about your $100 deal. Second, the business partner just said that the figure includes $250MM already earned. So now we are talking about a deal worth as much as $350MM. Furthermore, it’s not impossible but it is unlikely that this guy nobody has heard of was just a tiny equity holder. Normally in these sorts of deals you see (1) the money guy, (2) the sweat equity/expertise guy, and, when there’s a big name involved, (3) the famous guy. If the sweat equity/expertise guy and/or the famous guy have the money, they generally don’t bother with the money guy.

He still seems to be doing very well, so more power to him. Good to see him cashing in on his notoriety. But if we’re gonna talk numbers let’s at least give them some routine scrutiny.
in prior reports they hit the targets for a full buyout at the pre-determined price.

Not to nitpick, but it is worth noting that the remaining 51% stake that was bought out was held by Conor, his manager, and another investor, so Conor did not get 600 million out of this. Has anyone seen firm info on the split? I have seen 100-150 mil tossed around as his share, but that could just be people talking out of their ass.

$50 mil, $100 mil, $200 mil, or more...doesn't really matter. Any way you slice it, Conor has generational wealth (aka "fuck you" money) and his kids, their kids, etc. will never have to work to support themselves ever again, providing he isn't a dummy with his money they way some other athletes have been.

Good for him...he has clearly worked hard to build his brand and it is nice to see at least some people come out of this sport with something other than just CTE in their future.
This is a lot of money but definitely not generational wealth in this day and age, especially with the lifestyle Conor lives. Conor's kids will probably be spoiled shits that blow through whatever they are left 3 times as fast as Conor does.

It's so dumb that people buy stuff just because a celebrity is connected to it. There was no reason to think proper 12 would be any better than any other whiskey in the same price range. How do you not feel stupid being one of the suckers that a celebrity knows will buy their mediocre product just because they put their name on it?

who gives a fuck this is a fight website not corporate cock sucker quarterly

How is this possible? Sherdog told me no one was buying proper 12 because it was shit?

looks like the fat 50 year old collective that is sherdog is wrong again

yeah i'm not trying to say he's not filthy rich off it, but he's not going to net $600mm for it that's all.

250mm is prior, so, with the 350 remaining, I'd assume about a 3rd of that is his, maybe 40%'ish. Still a huge chunk of money though so props to him for building a brand that can be sold for a life changing amount of money (for most)

It's so dumb that people buy stuff just because a celebrity is connected to it. There was no reason to think proper 12 would be any better than any other whiskey in the same price range. How do you not feel stupid being one of the suckers that a celebrity knows will buy their mediocre product just because they put their name on it?

It's a good thing we are working with corporate quarterly so we can bring the real numbers.

Back