Locked PWD 1161: Get Well Soon, Mami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flair, Windham, Arn, and Tully are probably my favorite version of the 4 horsemen.

For me, the original version was the best, the way they were just viciously riding roughshod(pun intended) over the rest of JCP in those early days was something I had never seen before, they were so brutal and so intimidating

The Luger version made sense storyline wise but it also changed them from a gang to a sports franchise, they lost their edge and became like the Lakers of the 80's, champagne and limousines and flashy championships, it was still great but it wasnt the same

After that, it was just diminishing returns after diminishing returns imo

For me, the original version was the best, the way they were just viciously riding roughshod(pun intended) over the rest of JCP in those early days was something I had never seen before, they were so brutal and so intimidating

The Luger version made sense storyline wise but it also changed them from a gang to a sports franchise, they lost their edge and became like the Lakers of the 80's, champagne and limousines and flashy championships, it was still great but it wasnt the same

Which version attacked Dusty with JJ telling the cameraman, "Get over here and film this, I'm paying you for a reason!"

Which version attacked Dusty with JJ telling the cameraman, "Get over here and film this, I'm paying you for a reason!"

All the classic stuff is from the original version, when they were operating as a gang, thats why they were so awesome

I wi- I wish Hawk and Animal were here to see a tag team drawing so well again

Its a good movie but man does the CGI freaking suck
I was watching Starship Troopers a couple days ago and that 30 year old movie has so much better CGI than this brand new flick

Its interesting to see how badly CGI has regressed now that its everywhere, it is downright terrible now days when it should be the opposite

Last edited:
Cameron Grimes realeased

<Prem972>

I can’t believe they didn’t at least try anything with him on the main roster.

Its a good movie but man does the CGI freaking suck
I was watching Starship Troopers a couple days ago and that 30 movie has so much better CGI than this brand new flick

Its interesting to see how badly CGI has regressed now that its everywhere, it is downright terrible now days when it should be the opposite
Spielberg sinking the Orca with a 25 ft rubber shark on it is better than anything CGI could ever do!

tumblr_oljmf9G3Ns1s1v3r1o4_540.gif

I do love the original group. While it wasn't the 1st time you had a group, it was the 1st that had so many name guys.

Grimes being cut sucks, but he wasn't going to be able to gain any traction. He's the type you really need to have vignettes for before you introduce him.

Roxie smelled something on our walk today that freaked her the fudge out, we were going along our normal route and she was sniffing in the weeds along the sidewalk, as one is known to encounter in the ghetto, and she suddenly jumped back and started fighting to get away from me and run back home
I was holding her leashes tight and trying to see what it was but I couldnt really tell, mighta been a little mound of dirt for a snake hole or a gopher hole or it mighta been nothing, but whatever it was she was terrified
I finally had to drag her past the hole with her fighting to not go past it, once we got a few feet away from it she was fine again though

Mighta been a lizard, my yard is filthy with lizards right now so maybe theyre all over the hood and one scared her lol

Spielberg sinking the Orca with a 25 ft rubber shark on it is better than anything CGI could ever do!

tumblr_oljmf9G3Ns1s1v3r1o4_540.gif

No argument there, you'll never the same kind of charm and personality from a computer image as you will from something made with love and care

I'd love it if they all went back to practical effects but if theyre gonna force CGI on us then at least have some gulldarn pride in your work!

Used to be you'd watch a big budget blockbuster and the effects looked great but then you'd watch it again 10 years later and very same effects looked so cheap and fake cause the industry had advanced so much in that time, now its the other way around and ole Pete doesnt like it one bit!

No argument there, you'll never the same kind of charm and personality from a computer image as you will from something made with love and care

I'd love it if they all went back to practical effects but if theyre gonna force CGI on us then at least have some gulldarn pride in your work!

Used to be you'd watch a big budget blockbuster and the effects looked great but then you'd watch it again 10 years later and very same effects looked so cheap and fake cause the industry had advanced so much in that time, now its the other way around and ole Pete doesnt like it one bit!
My theory is that when CGI first became prepevant you truly had to be the best of the best to do it or else it looked like shit. So studios only hired the top tier. That’s why the Raptors chasing Tim and Lex still look terrifying and real from 30 years ago! Now though any Tom, Dick and Harry can say “yeah, we do CGI, we got a MacBook!” so there’s a million effect studios out there that are mid!

Cameron Grimes realeased

<Prem972>

I can’t believe they didn’t at least try anything with him on the main roster.
If I remember correctly he randomly showed up jacked and squashed someone quick, I'm thinking Corbin, and then he started losing all the time. I was also surprised they didn't try something since they seemed invested enough for a moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back