Locked PWD 1165: F'n Turtlenecks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Thea been checking on Jacy regularly in the last few weeks? I have my doubts!

Lola Vice is ready for Raw and / or Smackdown.

The announcer needs socks.

Dempsey is two years away from being two years away.

It's about time The Don had some single's gold!

Right guy won in a pretty good match.

@Pliny Pete regarding KMEL being the first all hip hop station in the US, I always heard that attributed to KDAY in LA. I can't find anything on when KDAY went all hip hop though. I just know they started playing hip hop around 1983 or so, but were playing R&B too.

KDAY was AM, KMEL was FM, I guess maybe thats the distinction, KMEL was the first commercial radio station to make the switch

I got the info from this book right here, which is a freaking amazing read, it takes you through the entire history of hip hop but it tells the story from the perspective of the businesses that were created around the music

From the early DJ parties in the 70's through the first record companies and first tours to Run DMC getting a shoe deal Adidas to the radio stations, clothing companies, magazines, St Ides commercials, Sprite sponsorships etc all the way up to modern day and how the entire genre has been co-opted by Wall Street

Its a really great read if youre into music history

91-F3-AWi8tt-L-SL1500.jpg

@Pliny Pete This pops in my recommended after you praised Paul Bearer
<EdgyBrah>
His only official match as Paul Bearer.

"He needs a couple days to get in shape for this match."
"He needs a couple millenniums to get in shape for this match!"
<lmao>

Vince had to be fuming in the back at him screaming "rassler" like that

@Pliny Pete regarding KMEL being the first all hip hop station in the US, I always heard that attributed to KDAY in LA. I can't find anything on when KDAY went all hip hop though. I just know they started playing hip hop around 1983 or so, but were playing R&B too.
I hope KDAY is still around, they provided the only entertainment when I was stuck in Riverside and had a cheap ass portable radio back in 2005.

@Pliny Pete I love Lawler's unified belt but I still haven't been able to find out when he ever won the Continental title despite it being one of the side plates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back