PWD 161: Is WWE/Wrestling dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just reached adulthood, I feel like I'm at an old folks home.

Miz is not hot hes a bunch of names that id get banned for.
Hes not a champion, he has a a feminine voice. I hate him.

You're old the second you stop understanding 'the current generation'

That happened to me awhile back, and I'm 26. I thought I was keeping up with the times with Myspace in 06, then Facebook. But once Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, hashtags etc popped up, I was annoyed. Almost all of the sites do the same thing.

Dub step, new hip hop, EDM, etc. are all garbage. Rock and roll is dead. :(

Then again, I grew up listening to 60s/70s rock and watched Taxi and I Love Lucy.

Speaking of old titles, look who's the NWA junior heavyweight champion:

Morton+jr+champ.jpg

Dang, you had me thinking Ricky Morton had won the NWA World Junior Heavyweight Championship again. According to Hisa's site Chase Stevens still has it, so that pic must be from back in January-March when Ricky did hold it.

That happened to me awhile back, and I'm 26. I thought I was keeping up with the times with Myspace in 06, then Facebook. But once Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, hashtags etc popped up, I was annoyed. Almost all of the sites do the same thing.

Dub step, new hip hop, EDM, etc. are all garbage. Rock and roll is dead. :(

Then again, I grew up listening to 60s/70s rock and watched Taxi and I Love Lucy.

Damn...you were old then

David Arquette main evented a pay per view and was WCW champion. Doesn't make him a regular Buddy Rogers or anything.
I was agreeing with him. It's a damn shame that someone like the Miz got a 6+ month reign and main-evented WM.

David Arquette main evented a pay per view and was WCW champion. Doesn't make him a regular Buddy Rogers or anything.

Yeah but it wasn't WrestleMania tho. Alot of guys quit WWE because they couldn't Main Event Mania.

Dang, you had me thinking Ricky Morton had won the NWA World Junior Heavyweight Championship again. According to Hisa's site Chase Stevens still has it, so that pic must be from back in January-March when Ricky did hold it.
I didn't know that was an older pic.
Rob Conway is also NWA champion again.

Conway.jpg

Damn...you were old then

I loved Nick at Nite and TV Land. Munsters, Happy Days, Taxi, Newhart and the Bob Newhart Show, etc are all my shit. Yeah, I watched the damned Power Rangers and Karate Kid aswell, but I've always enjoyed older shows and music since about age 4.

That includes watching old school wrestling, as well.

Nick at Nite and TV Land bored the living fuck outta me back in the day.

I didn't know that was an older pic.
Rob Conway is also NWA champion again.

Conway.jpg

Yeah, Conway regained it at the annual CAC Reunion show I believe. I'd rather Satoshi Kojima have kept it longer, but it is what it is.

I loved Nick at Nite and TV Land. Munsters, Happy Days, Taxi, Newhart and the Bob Newhart Show, etc are all my shit. Yeah, I watched the damned Power Rangers and Karate Kid aswell, but I've always enjoyed older shows and music since about age 4.

That includes watching old school wrestling, as well.

Yeah, I grew up watching a lot of Nick at Nite and TV Land as well.

Good segment from a SmackDown from a few years back between two of my favorite wrestlers. Led to an entertaining tv match.

Speaking of old titles, look who's the NWA junior heavyweight champion:

Morton+jr+champ.jpg

I bet I know how the match went.
Ricky sold his ass off for 10 minutes, taking a beating and looked like he was damn near dead. Then he mounted a huge comeback and won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back