PWD 218: TNA Wrestling's New Home Is Now The PWD Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
WWE should continue with this Megapowers gimick and bring back every character in that picture
They could bring over the whole TNA roster and have Heath Slater play the role of Bobby Heenan and introduce a new TNA guy dressed as an 80's WWF guy each week as the new guy hes found to beat Ryback or some shit
That shit would be a main event in any arena in the country

They had better not be sitting in the front row at Raw though.

Those were actually that group of guys. Someone actually pointed out that those guys were assholes and had done shit in previous shows in Des Moines, so WWE said "Not this time, motherfuckers".

Dear whoever rallied behind the "victims",

Lets Rewind the clock about 18 months. A friend of mine asked me if I wanted to go to Raw which would be emanating from the Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines, a two hour drive from our home town. I didn't hesitate in stating I wanted to go.

Sept 2, 2013
We get to the arena and we see this group of gentlemen in the lobby, dressed up as wrestlers from the 80's: Hulk Hogan, Macho Man Randy Savage, Ric Flair, and Jake the Snake Robers (toy snake and all). When I first seen them, I was impressed. Their outfits were well done, a few of them were in character, and lots of people were smiling from the presentation. My buddy and I laugh, and went up to our seats.

Our seats were the top row of the lower bowl, not bad seats for 40-50 dollars. Woo chants every minute go up as people file into the arena. It has been about 5 years since I've been to a live taping of Monday Night Raw, I was excited. As we get ready for the Superstars taping, we see the same group of guys come in, in character (Macho man waiving his finger in the air, Hogan Flexing, Ric throwing up the 4 Horseman hands), trying to fire up the crowd. Their seats are pretty close to ringside, I don't remember exactly. We laugh again and praise there efforts for trying to have a good time and entertain the crowd.

Superstars taping concludes and Raw starts.

http://network.wwe.com/video/v31337529

The show goes on and we start to notice the group of guys trying to get chants going, and every time they were on the Titantron, they are trying to be the point of attention on the screen.

http://i.imgur.com/pwyF5p5.png

Here are a view timestamps I pull from the replay on the WWE Network.
00:01:11 - First shot of Macho, Hogan, and Jake.
00:05:42 - Another shot of the same corner, and who's trying to be noticed on TV?
00:07:09 - OH CAMERA!!

My buddy and I shake our heads and try to enjoy the rest of the show.

I could probably list better and many more examples of them trying to make a scene when the camera is pointed to them, but want to get to the part that I remember very clearly.
01:13:40ish
Jake the Snake chant goes up. Wtf?
01:13:58
The Hulkster starts pandering towards the crowd.
You can hear a loud portion start booing as the security/event staff tell The Hulkster to sit down.
01:14:20
WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
The Ric Flair guy starts gesturing and now they have the crowd in the palm of their hand, and not paying attention to the product in the ring.
01:14:40
Randy Savage chant goes up.
Why? CM Punk had not delivered an elbow drop, and is not even in the match.

Now I'm not going to say there was great action going on in the ring. I'm not saying it was the WWE's fault that the crowd went to the more entertaining part of the arena. I do think it's a bit disrespectful to the performers in the ring that they are trying to take the spotlight away from Cody/Randy and taking away from the storyline they are trying to tell. I mean "Cody's Job is on the line!!!". To the viewers at home, they're thinking "Why are the chanting for old superstars?" This ruins the immersion of the story to the millions (and millions) watching at home.(It's still real to me, dammit!).

Do I think WWE was in the wrong for asking them to remove their outfits? Normally I would say yes. However, when searching for what that date was of the Raw I attended, I found out I missed another taping that happened on September 1, 2014. And who do you guess was in the front row??

http://network.wwe.com/video/v36732573
http://i.imgur.com/Beb42QX.png
http://i.imgur.com/Cr4eLst.png

So imagine to my surprise that I see a thread at the top of /r/squaredcircle this morning, about a group of fans who were asked to remove their costumes at the Des Moines show. I noticed them at the beginning of the show last night, and I thought they were removed from their seats. I thought a bigger atrocity had occurred and were moved to different seats.

Taken from the original thread:
"I assure you none of the members of our party were being in any way unruly or belligerent. You can watch the taping and see for yourself. We were merely watching the show. Now, I have heard rumblings in the past of people being booted from their seats for costumes, but I always sided with the WWE and assumed that those fans HAD to have done something else to lose their seats, and WWE wouldn't boot people for simply dressing up."

http://x.co/reallywwe

Now I wasn't at the show in Sept of 2014, but I'm having a tough time believing the antics I observed in 2013 didn't happen again in someway, shape, or form.

While I'm sure WWE might have advised on the security handling the situation to give the ultimatum, what if the security informed the WWE of the group's reputation and asked how they should handle the situation??

I'm not upset they were asked to removed their costumes. There are enough people in the crowd trying to be the focal point when they are in the camera shot. You're not going to be the next Miz Girl, or Shocked Undertaker guy.

They got their money's worth to sit ring side. The injustice is that they couldn't be the center of attention. And that ladies and gentleman, is what's best for business.

TL;DR This is not the groups first outing in costumes to a Monday night raw.
This is not their first experience dealing with the security during a Monday Night Raw.
Fool me once, shame on you - Sept 2013
Fool me twice, shame on me - Sept 2014
Fool me three times, You wear Cena/Usos gear or get out!! - March 2015

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc..._wwe_makes_fans_take_off_costumes_dressed_as/

The Japanese cosplayers are the best.

eNJYYDK.jpg

japan273034377_tmp_BOZjCi9CIAEQsb___1__original_crop_650.jpg

Damn. Kim Jeong Un is a John Chena fan? No wonder he always goes over anyone.

You're dedicated when you willingly cosplay as The Big Show

Dumbass Dixie has sent out an e-mail calling the executives at Destination America "dummies", whilst cc'ing the executives at Destination America by mistake.

marks shouldn't run wrestling companies

Dumbass Dixie has sent out an e-mail calling the executives at Destination America "dummies", whilst cc'ing the executives at Destination America by mistake.

Guess that pretty much seals that their denial is straight up bullshit.

Oh, and what a tard :D

LMAO

Dixie Carter has managed to turn her whole company heel

WWE.com has posted a new entrance video for Rusev, which abandons his ties to Russia and goes back to presenting him as being from Bulgaria. When he originally debuted he was called the Bulgarian Brute, and in storyline defected to Russia. It remains to be seen if the Russian flag and the Hero of the Russian Federation “Gold Star” medal are dropped from the act.

Anybody else or any other company and I'd be sure that you were pulling my leg... smh Dixie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back