Randy Couture disgusted with camera rolling in Aldo's locker room

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was atrocious. The UFC does a lot of amazing work but this wasn't it. It's pretty clear that they just wanted to humiliate the guy.

They should have shown us Ronda's locker room as well.

Yes, cause no other sports ever have cameras in the locker room

getting knocked unconscious in a fist fight is different to losing in a ball sport .. There is a much more personal level to having your ass kicked in front of millions of people worldwide

getting knocked unconscious in a fist fight is different to losing in a ball sport .. There is a much more personal level to having your ass kicked in front of millions of people worldwide

exactly....so why wouldnt you film it? people love train wrecks.

But if he won and they showed him celebrating, nobody would have given a fuck.
It's about the approach of adding camera's to the locker room in the first place, but it took a loss for anyone to really give a fuck about it at all.
I think fighters deserve privacy but ehh.

People would complain if roles were reversed and it was Conor in that locker room and rightly so.

But we know that the UFC would never show Conor if he was in the same position as Aldo.

Just like we got nothing from the Ronda loss. Not even a post fight interview from someone who was perfectly on her feet at the victory announcement.

Last edited:
It was atrocious. The UFC does a lot of amazing work but this wasn't it. It's pretty clear that they just wanted to humiliate the guy.

They should have shown us Ronda's locker room as well.

I really don't understand what the big deal is. He lost, which he never does, so of course he was upset. What did people think he was doing celebrating back stage?

Other sports often show players after a heartbroken loss so it was not a big deal to me. In fact, I have respect for fighters that are upset after a tough loss...it means they care.

I want to see Ronda's locker room after she got her head kicked off.

Why the fuck didn't they film Ronda in the locker room after her loss? At least she deserves it.

It's bad enough that they had the camera on Aldo and his team after he lost, I still want to know how the "security camera" knew to turn away towards the ceiling when Lorenzo and Dana walked in to talk to Aldo and his team. How did this camera automatically know that it was time to turn away?

Why the fuck didn't they film Ronda in the locker room after her loss? At least she deserves it.

I didn't think it was a big deal but you are right...should have shown Ronda too.

The backstage camera thing is something they've only done for McGregor events. It was there at 189 for both him and Mendes and again for both him and Aldo (Aldo's team pushed it away so it only filmed the ceiling). The UFC didn't "release" the footage. People were able to view it on the live stream. I don't believe it's been there for any other events.

Theory: UFC 193 was in Australia, maybe Aussies have laws against creepy voyeur cams in locker rooms. But 194 was in vegas, all bets are off baby! voyeur cam away.

Also it was said creepy voyeur cam was also at 189, which was Vegas again, check all the events that happen in Vegas, probably all got creepy voyeur cams.

They can show Jose privately being consoled by family and close friends but Ronda can't even do a post fight interview.

Camera were decretly on R

I strongly disagree. I would much rather get knocked out in front of millions than let a baseball go between my legs in the World Series in front of millions. Buckner's life was ruined after this. And cameras were following him like a hawk. Aldo will be just fine. No one will care in a few months.

4gWwIX.gif

Last edited:
Thanks Randy, without you shooting your mouth off I would have never seen the video.

Its not news that ufc doesn't really care about fighters.

Theory: UFC 193 was in Australia, maybe Aussies have laws against creepy voyeur cams in locker rooms. But 194 was in vegas, all bets are off baby! voyeur cam away.

Also it was said creepy voyeur cam was also at 189, which was Vegas again, check all the events that happen in Vegas, probably all got creepy voyeur cams.

Theory: Dana White / UFC have been pulling low class shit for years, yet people continue to find an excuse for any & all bullshit they pull regardless of how obvious it is, based on being fans of UFC / Dana over the fighters

I have no idea how this disrespects Aldo, if anything it gains him fans and sympathy. Aldo irked me sometime in the last year and I've been rooting for him to lose. After this show of emotion, it puts to rest the thoughts that Aldo lost his passion for the sport and was only in it for the $ (and losing quickly is the best way to lose for that purpose). And as a gambler, I LOVE when athletes show emotion after mistakes/losses. Since that usually implies that they also wanted to win/achieve greatness, rather than just going through the motions and going home to their 10/10 wife and million dollar house, while I'm still mad about the game in my tiny apartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back