Ranking The Most Powerful Avengers In The MCU

Er, so Marvel/MCU created a character that could grow 80 feet and weigh however many tons, but could still only do what a 5`11, 180 pound man could do?

Derp!

Its safe to assume MCU is fairly faithful to the source material - as Giant-man, Lang is augmented to superhuman strength/durability.

Yknow, like youd expext from an 80 foot, 50 ton being.

The logic they used in the first Antman movie was that he would maintain his "5' 11" 180lbs" strength, ie. his lbs per sq inch force exertion would stay the same therefore his smaller stature would mean that his reduced size would have more impact. It's the same reason small insects are so much stronger relative to their size but the larger an animal is the weaker it is relative to its size. In short Gravity is a bitch the bigger you get. Also oxygen concentrations would have an impact on his relative strength to size, you need more oxygen to fuel the muscles hence why insects and animals were larger in ages when there was higher oxygen concentrations that allowed animals and insects to reach that sweet spot for maximum growth. Look at large whales, if they beach themselves they die from their sheer weight crushing them to the point that they suffocate, if he actually did weigh 50 tons after a sudden size increase he wouldn't be able to handle that additional mass in fact he'd probably fall to the ground and die from not being able to breath due to his sudden mass. There's a cap as to how large animals can get and it's no coincidence that the largest animals of all time were and are ocean bound animals.

If it worked the same way as when he shrinks, maintaining his mass, as when he grew he basically would be a thanksgiving day parade float.
This makes more sense, although I don't know if his mass displacement would be less than environment he is displacing. I would say pretty confidently that he would have little fear of drowning if he landed in a body of water at 80' tall since he'd probably be the most buoyant thing out there. I thought about what you wrote while watching the trailer for the new Antman movie when they enlarge a Pez dispenser after throwing it at something/someone I think in reality the thing would just blow away.

I hear you man, but are you saying Cap beats Thor in a fight?
Yes.

You guys are only looking at power. The mental game is important too, and Thor's a midget compared to cap in that area.

Thor is like Kevin Randleman. All the best physical tools you could ever ask for, yet still gets his ass handed to him by guys that fight smart. Sakuraba beat him.

Yes.

You guys are only looking at power. The mental game is important too, and Thor's a midget compared to cap in that area.

Thor is like Kevin Randleman. All the best physical tools you could ever ask for, yet still gets his ass handed to him by guys that fight smart. Sakuraba beat him.
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Thor handling Captain AND Iron Man during their fight in the initial Avengers movie until Cap stopped a hammer blow with his shield? That he didn't have anymore in the most recent movie cause it's in Tony's house someplace....

Yes.

Thor would rip Cap in half if he wanted to.

Yes.

One more time for the hard of thinking: Cap was getting rag-dolled by Loki, who is much weaker than Thor. Loki can fight, but prefers to rely on magic and trickery. But Cap was a few moments away from being curb-stomped before Tony saved him.

If you watch the fight between Iron Man and Thor, Cap breaks it up by throwing his Shield. It hits Thor square in the head, and the Odinson merely looks annoyed. Like a human hit in the face with a frisbee.

Lastly, in Infinity War, Rogers is having major trouble with the Outriders. He's put a lot of them down, but he's about to gas and get KTFO when Thor arrives and does more damage to the Outrider army in about a minute than Cap has managed in the entire battle.

He's not AS dumb but he's still dumb.

He's not AS arrogant but he's still arrogant.

I still say cap beats him.
Everyone always underestimates cap, and yet he goes toe to toe with beings far more powerful than he is all the time.

It's almost like that's his superpower. Being the underdog in every fight, yet still winning.
Cap doesn't even possess the physical force to put him down. One lightning strike or combo ends it. They are on vastly different power tiers.

Maybe you missed the part above where I explained why Thor is ranked so low. He's an idiot. The hulk's not smart either, but at least he kind of knows he's a mindless monster, and so he adapts by being extremely distrustful of others, lest he be tricked into something. Thor is just as dumb as the hulk, but he's not aware of it. Which makes it a MUCH bigger weakness IMO. It means that his arrogance will lead him into traps and other bad situations. Cap is a master of exploiting your weaknesses in a fight. Also, since Cap is the perfect leader, he'll probably always have a team with him of guys stronger than him, i.e. Hulk, Tony, Vision, etc. If Thor fought Cap, them dudes ain't gonna be on Thor's side, that's for sure.

Lol how do you rank Cap over Black Panther? BP has all of Cap's physical abilities, and runs the wealthiest, most technologically advanced country in the world, an endless amount of resources. He's better in every way.

Also kind of weird for you to bring up teams when literally half the Avengers were fighting against Cap in Civil War, Tony and Vision included.

Last edited:
Yes.

My man, there’s literally no way Cap can physically hurt Thor. I don’t care if he’s the smartest dude on the planet. Do you think Bill Gates could beat Jon Jones in a fight? Thor has been fighting for literally thousands of years against all manner of opponents. It’s not like he doesn’t know how to fight. You are simultaneously overestimating Cap and underestimating Thor.

My man, there’s literally no way Cap can physically hurt Thor. I don’t care if he’s the smartest dude on the planet. Do you think Bill Gates could beat Jon Jones in a fight? Thor has been fighting for literally thousands of years against all manner of opponents. It’s not like he doesn’t know how to fight. You are simultaneously overestimating Cap and underestimating Thor.

The exact quote, to Rocket Raccoon,

"I'm fifteen hundred years old. I've killed twice that number of enemies":cool:

Thor is number one as a God tear Avenger, but his propensity to fall in love with lame earth pussy is going to be his undoing. Earth laws around alimony are a bitch....ruins most, even God's.

What the hell can she possible be doing to Thor's thunder hammer that Odens and The Grand Masters harem can't provide?

No Homo?
tenor.gif

Last edited:
Thor is number one as a God tear Avenger, but his propensity to fall in love with lame earth pussy is going to be his undoing. Earth laws around alimony are a bitch....ruins most, even God's.

What the hell can she possible be doing to Thor's thunder hammer that Odens and The Grand Masters harem can't provide?

No Homo?
tenor.gif

Quote from a film critic who took his wife to the first Thor movie. She wasn't a fan of comic book movies until that scene. At which point, according to the critic,

"My wife and every other woman in the audience spontaneously ovulated":D

Quote from a film critic who took his wife to the first Thor movie. She wasn't a fan of comic book movies until that scene. At which point, according to the critic,

"My wife and every other woman in the audience spontaneously ovulated":D

Dude...that scene made my testicals ovulate. <CroCop1>

Dude...that scene made my testicals ovulate. <CroCop1>

Obviously, I'd love to have Superhuman Strength, the ability to summon and control lightning etc etc. But just looking like Chris Hemsworth without the powers of Thor would be good enough:)

That's one guy who won the Genetic Lottery as soon as he was born. The lucky bastard:(

Last edited:
Obviously, I'd love to have Superhuman Strength, the ability to summon and control lightning etc. But just looking like Chris Hemsworth without the powers of Thor would be good enough:)

That's one guy who won the Genetic Lottery as soon as he was born. Lucky bastard.
Jacked, good looking, and rich. That guy rolled all the multipliers.

If we’re going based off comics wouldnt spider man be ahead of cap?
Obviously, I'd love to have Superhuman Strength, the ability to summon and control lightning etc etc. But just looking like Chris Hemsworth without the powers of Thor would be good enough:)

That's one guy who won the Genetic Lottery as soon as he was born. The lucky bastard:(
The third hemsworth brother from Westworld did not win the genetic lottery.

Barney Hemsworth.

If we’re going based off comics wouldnt spider man be ahead of cap?

The third hemsworth brother from Westworld did not win the genetic lottery.

Barney Hemsworth.

When you name a baby Barney, the genes naturally evolve into ugly in anticipation.

Are we seriously debating if Cap can beat Thor? I hope no one is wasting their time with that argument cause it's fucking silly.

Are we seriously debating if Cap can beat Thor? I hope no one is wasting their time with that argument cause it's fucking silly.

Bro, there are people out there who think Killmonger could beat Thanos!<45><Lmaoo>

yeah captain vs thor shouldnt be up for discussion.

carry on folks

Back