rate my living room

i like the couch. but somehow the room looks a little sterile imo

cluster fuck. that place would give me anxiety. I'm more of a minimalist and that sectional just pisses me off to no end. get yourself a nice leather love seat and two recliner types.

something like this

5C522BC8.jpg

you cant bang sloots on that

maybe i'll post mine after I move next month so that you can feel great about your set up.

Needs a smaller coffee table and a rug. Get rid of the shelf and consider a small credenza with a plant on it like an orchid maybe or perhaps a piece of art.

Also, dark colors make rooms look small. Everything seems too dark imo. Try to go with beige, white, lighter colors with navy accents. Always a good bet.

something is missing, TS, but damned if my Y chromosome will let me pinpoint it.
Whenever I moved into a new apt or updated my furniture in my house, I would call my sister, girlfriend, or girl-friend over to wrap it up with the subtle touches. If you have any of these ladies in your life (and you trust their taste - some broads are no better than us), I would recommend you seek their counsel.

You do have a nice set up so far:

One thing I think would make a big difference is if you had a glass-top coffee table instead of that black one.
Also, mount that tv to the wall.
I would get rid of at least one of those bookshelves (living room) and move the one in the dining room into your office/spare bedroom.
Colored pillows (let the ladies pick them out)
Change out those pictures that frame the big window; more color

Last edited:
how did I miss it? UNCOVER THAT WINDOW. Media cases aren't meant to cover windows, mother fucker.

GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER. Are you single? ARE YOU? Now you know why. If you're not single, dump your girlfriend/wife/baby mama.

and 2nd mounting the TV. Then you can get a smaller media shelf thing to go under or something. Again, get.your.shit.together.bro.

Rate my living room, too
cNEgbj5.jpg

Last edited:
Given what you have I'd push back the long section of the couch and put that cabinet you have on the side of the TV in the corner next to the couch. Or put that cabinet next to the bigger shelf by your dining room table. Either way, move the long couch section back so it has a view of the tv.
As others have posted, maybe wall mount the TV. Looks like you are limited to what you can do, to maybe create two separate sitting areas you'd at least need new furniture and that still might not work.

Looks nice :)

I would put a nice rug as mentioned

Although the couch is a little big for the room, I really like it. Smaller sized book shelf instead of blocking window, and diff coffee table.

Back