Reboot: the first CGI show and its new horrible incarnation

What was the deal with games again? If you die in a game you die for real, or you can get trapped in games or something?

Another answer to your question, getting trapped in the game. In Season 2 Enzo kidnapped a game sprite from the game named Andrea. Since Andrea was form the games they found out they could download themselves into losing games to avoid nullification. So in season 3 when Enzo, Andrea and Frisket lost, they changed their icon status to be part of the game and left with the game instead of becoming slugs. Only problem is the game would be opened up again on other computers so they had to go to all these different computer worlds before they could get home. And game time ages you faster than regular computer time which is why Enzo appeared to be the same age as Bob in the end

If you LOSE in the game you become a null, mindless slug like creature that runs around drinking people's energy. They look like colourful slugs but are super fast and for some reason Hex's viral powers could control them.

You could be in the game and do everything right but some other player could fuck it up causing you to lose and become a null

Not clear on if you full on die in a winning game ... I remember Bob saved Megabyte from drowning in tar in the game implying he would have died otherwise, win or lose

Oh yeah, nulls. How the fuck do you remember that shit. I don't remember what my wife told me to pick up at the store and then I have to walk around hoping I happen to see whatever it was and that jogs my memory or else I have to make up a story why I couldn't get it.

They were out.

They were out of milk?

Yeah.

All the kinds of milk?

Yeah.

There was no milk at the grocery store.

Nope.

But I see the liquor store still had beer.

Uh yeah...

Another answer to your question, getting trapped in the game. In Season 2 Enzo kidnapped a game sprite from the game named Andrea. Since Andrea was form the games they found out they could download themselves into losing games to avoid nullification. So in season 3 when Enzo, Andrea and Frisket lost, they changed their icon status to be part of the game and left with the game instead of becoming slugs. Only problem is the game would be opened up again on other computers so they had to go to all these different computer worlds before they could get home. And game time ages you faster than regular computer time which is why Enzo appeared to be the same age as Bob in the end

Oh yeah I remember that. Andrea was hot.

Oh yeah I remember that. Andrea was hot.

She sure was:

latest

This show and max steel were awesome cgi shows when I was little. Wasnt beast wars before this tho and that was CGI? could be wrong.

This show and max steel were awesome cgi shows when I was little. Wasnt beast wars before this tho and that was CGI? could be wrong.

Reboot was before all other CGI shows being the first FULLY CGI show

There was another show called Captain Power which had the first fully CGI character - pre Reboot 1987:

That was incredibly disappointing.... no Andrea? :,(

They said other characters would appear like Bob and them ,but given how shitty new Megabyte looks I don't want to see it

Anyone remember those Short Circuitz they would play on YTV? I always liked this one

The only frustrating thing is they would only play some if it most times so it was rare to see the whole thing - between shows

Reboot was before all other CGI shows being the first FULLY CGI show
Just looked it up, they were made by the same company as well as max steel and that action man show that was fox. Those shows were so xtreme, so late 90's.

Ya gotta remember that at the time there was nothing like this on TV so it made for a very unique viewing experience. I actually prefer this CGI to the new messy head ache too busy CGI in the remake. The original had good stories, characters too and a very interesting badguy in Megabyte. The new version looks like something that belongs in my Halarious knocks off thread
The real way to do justice to how revolutionary the original was would have been for the rebooted Reboot to be the first VR interactive TV show, or have an augmented reality component, or something.

I was a big fan of the original (especially after the s3 gritty reboot) but even I can admit story-wise it wasn't necessarily groundbreaking.

The real way to do justice to how revolutionary the original was would have been for the rebooted Reboot to be the first VR interactive TV show, or have an augmented reality component, or something.

I was a big fan of the original (especially after the s3 gritty reboot) but even I can admit story-wise it wasn't necessarily groundbreaking.

What other show at the time ended a season with seemingly killing off the main hero. Then later seemingly killing the kid off?

Is it weird i wanted to bone grownup-Andrea and Dot when she sang happy bday to Bob...

Anyone remember those Short Circuitz they would play on YTV? I always liked this one

The only frustrating thing is they would only play some if it most times so it was rare to see the whole thing - between shows

Yeah well do you remember this shit?

Back