Recent fights/results/news from ONE Championship

There are loads of great foreign fighters these days. I just picked yousef and rafi. Yousef hasn't lost in six years to a thai fighter. That is not just being a scrapper.

that's nothing to rave about
the middleweight division in thailand is a joke
you have more trouble trying to find a mw thai fighter

And what's so special about ONE events relative to stadium cards? Stop pretending these events and fights are better (or even particularly good) just because people yell at you about it.
To be honest seeing a fight like Superlek vs Panpayak or Sangmanee vs Kulabdam broadcasted live is more exciting that watching the same matchups on SMMTV where you can't even hear the sound of each strike landed.

What about Rafi? What weight did the two most recent fighters of the year fight at last week? Sick of thai fanboys moving the goalpost trying to discredit every accomplishment of foreign fighters. Are there still loads of great thai fighters? Yes. Are there many great foreign fighters? Yes.

I was in Thailand for two months last year, September to November. There are gyms everywhere, every Sunday there are easily hundreds of cards across the country, most restaurants and bars not geared towards tourists played Muay Thai on the TVs (at least the ones I went to, and I went to a lot of them). I saw countless cards live, and the majority of the crowds were always Thai people. One Sunday a Dutch guy and I got up early, picked up some booze and went to four separate cards in the same day lol. Mostly Thais fighting, mostly Thai crowds. Soccer is growing there and less people compete compared to the golden age, but the sport is far from dying.

"sport is dying" narrative is funny. Stadium Muay Thai is what it is, if anything some effort should be done to mitigate real serious shit like poisoning and fight fixing but the dance offs, slow start are part of the sport just like slapping punches to the gloves + low kick is a part of kickboxing.

if One is able to hire hundreds of fighters and pay them 10x more than they get in Thailand and sustain that then I'm all for it but most likely we're just getting some cheap thrills until the faucet dries.

pretty sure kublabdam win this easily

What about Rafi? What weight did the two most recent fighters of the year fight at last week? Sick of thai fanboys moving the goalpost trying to discredit every accomplishment of foreign fighters. Are there still loads of great thai fighters? Yes. Are there many great foreign fighters? Yes.

the mw division in raja and lumpinee have always been at the bottom of the talent pool, including rafi

but yes there have been great farang fighters who fought there
nadaka, fujiwara have accomplished more than others

Is Kulabdam vs Rodlek five or three rounds? I hope five. I think Kulabdam will win but I think it could be a good fight since Rodlek seems to have a good chin and won't go down very easily.

I don't know en
the mw division in raja and lumpinee have always been at the bottom of the talent pool, including rafi

but yes there have been great farang fighters who fought there
nadaka, fujiwara have accomplished more than others
Also helps that they are asian so its not so bad. Rafi doesn't fight at mw he fights at 142 pounds. What i meant was the two most recent fighters of the year fought at 144 pounds last week. Neunlanglek and tawanchai. So you can't say the weight he fights at is non competitive. Interesting that if you are thai you can fight at around 140 pounds and be considered the best fighter in thailand. But if you are a foreigner and fight around 140 pounds its the worst division in thailand and it doesn't matter who you beat.

Interesting that if you are thai you can fight at around 140 pounds and be considered the best fighter in thailand
If Rafi was thai, he still would not be considered the best fighter in Thailand.

If Rafi was thai, he still would not be considered the best fighter in Thailand.
I don't think rafi is the best fighter in thailand. But if he won his next 8 fights all against top competition. There would be some who would say. Yeah at 142 pounds thats easy try do that at 115 pounds. There are some muay thai fans who just refuse to give any credit to foreign fighters. Some are thai and some are self hating white dudes. Any achievment they try to knock. Its almost like mayweather back in the day. Also let me say this most thai and foreign fans are reasonable enough and will give credit.

Kulabdam looked a lot sharper against Sangmanee. Go back and watch that fight. Not trying to make excuses for him but not sure if he's burnt out or what it is. Doesn't even look likes he's trying tbh.

The 145 division Muay Thai division is great, these 4oz gloves change everything. I know it's not ideal that a guy who lost the first round of the tournament ended up winning it but I think Nong-O vs Rodlek will be a banger.

Think they'll do Saemapetch vs someone like Muangthai next?

Didn't want to believe at first but this pretty much confirmed what i thought : COVID made everyone inconsistent .
I actually criticized Rodlek and Saemapetch being in the tournament but they end up being the one who did the most lol .
It's a free for all , the better man that night will win .
Kulabdam looked like he would crush the entire division with ease and yet tonight he looked so weak that it's shocking to think he is a Yodmuay .
Nothing make sense anymore , Nak Muay who we thought were levels above or greater than other can be easily brought down by lesser fighter just because we don't know if they will show up 100 % or not .
I've never seen such inconsistency in all the Muay Thai era since watching the sport ( all the more reason to love Muay Thai in the past ) .
Sangmanee , Sittichai , Nuanglanlek , Thananchai and now Kulabdam all the guy who were favorite and are seen as "greater" than their opponent and yet they all lost .
Even Yodsanklai and Petchdam did way better than what was expected of them against the heavy favorite Petchmorakot and Rodtang .
Better watch everything with the mindset that nothing is certain anymore .

dang didnt expect THAT! rodlek did a good job glue to kulabdam prop to him.
my bad! Rodlek i thought you and seamapetch were lesser fighter before.
i guess gameplan Matter. prop to you and coach.

Rodlek you may not be my ideal fight with nong o
but if you can stay glue and take punch like this
you sob im in

I don't think rafi is the best fighter in thailand. But if he won his next 8 fights all against top competition. There would be some who would say. Yeah at 142 pounds thats easy try do that at 115 pounds. There are some muay thai fans who just refuse to give any credit to foreign fighters. Some are thai and some are self hating white dudes. Any achievment they try to knock. Its almost like mayweather back in the day. Also let me say this most thai and foreign fans are reasonable enough and will give credit.
It's not because he is foreign, it's because in many of the fights he gets the weight advantage. If he was the superior fighter, he would be giving up some lbs as the top thais regularly do.

It's not because he is foreign, it's because in many of the fights he gets the weight advantage. If he was the superior fighter, he would be giving up some lbs as the top thais regularly do.
Look at fighter of the year 2019 nuenglanglek. Most of the fighters he beat in 2019 he was bigger than. Yodlekpet, muangthai, kulabdam. Not taking anything away from nuenglanglek he deserved to win. Weight and size are different but i believe size is most important. If u fight a fighter that usually fights at 135 let him fight at 140 and u at 138 its not really an advantage. People have limits based on their frames. Even panpayak rarely gives true size advantages. Weights are often based on gamblers odds. Rafi for instance when he was on his little run was stopping some good fighters like thananchai, kongsak, manachai, chamuaktong. Could of stopped yodpanomruang. Is rafi the best fighter in thailand? NO but is he an elite fighter? Yes

Back