Social Religious 'Nones' are now the largest single group in the U.S.

The Christian faith is splintered today even more than it was post 1500's. The reformation brought about many different branches of faith yes, but each of those sects was fervently and zealously dedicated to Christian doctrine. They disagreed on how to approach doctrinal harmony but one thing they all agreed upon was that it was both possible and imperative. The difference between that and the branches of today is that most modern Christians, I'd say almost all of them, have a massive disconnect between the professed tenets of their faith, and how they behave. I'm not just talking about hypocrisy, although that's certainly included. What I mean is most christians don't really get it- they don't truly believe what they believe on a fundamental level. If they did, they would be acting much differently. I don't mean to say that some sort of invisible force possesses and drives you- I mean that if you believe a message as bombastic as the Gospel story, it is the foundation of how you act and think in all ways at all times.

What I mean is that if someone truly believes the story of Christ, they will not, cannot limit that faith to just a hobby like stamp collecting. If they do, they don't really believe.

Cool, but religious people don't necessarily raise religious offspring.
People born in these cults usually keep the same religion. The Amish, in fact, encourage them to abandon the religion if they don't want to follow it strictly but most stay. Of course, it's a tiny group that will never take over the US and it's also not a viable lifestyle if you become the majority.
However, a similar group, the ultra orthodox in Israel, a much smaller country, represent a more serious problem. A bunch of nuts can ruin a country.

This is bad, without gullible people the system will collapse.

The Catholic Church hasn't done itself any favors with their pedo scandal. I know a fair amount of people who still believe God but want nothing to do with the Catholic Church.

This has been predicted for a while. Non-religious people are growing in numbers/proportions in every part of the world except sub-Saharan Africa.

But since sub-Saharan is also by far the fastest-growing region of the world, religious people in the entire world are increasing in size.

Too lazy to look up the maps/data of this but it's definitely happening.

Back