Report: Montano vs Shevchenko title fight targeted for UFC 228 (Sep. 8)

as said above, (now former) Invicta champ Jennifer Maia.She should beat Carmouche in their upcoming fight, and no reason she shouldn't be number one contender with a win. No reason she shouldn't be now, really, except she hasn't fought in the UFC yet. She's the top flyweight in every non UFC ranking.

First, JM hasn't even fought in UFC yet, you point at that yourself. Second, the level of competition she has faced in Invicta is nothing compared to what Schevchenko has faced in the UFC. Third, nobody knows who Jennifer Maia even is at this point.

The idea that Maia should jump ahead of Schevchenko is simply ludicrous.

Every time I read something about "Montano" and "Title" I'm always genuinely confused about who the hell that is for a few seconds until I remember.
The only reason I know who she is is because of sherdog complaining about her ducking. Her name alone though I probably still wouldn't remember, at least shes milking her title

By this logic Cyborg should not have been allowed to challenge for the title directly at FW. And I assume GSP fighting Bisping at MW must have given you a heart attack as a minimum.

You are choosing to focus on technicalities, mate. I see where you are coming from and I can agree to a point but that it is just not the way MMA booking works.

FW is literally an empty division with no rankings.

Aside from wondering if GSP could do it, no, I wasn’t a fan of that fight.

Nicco has got no clear path to victories in this fight.

Anyone who wants her to fight anyone else knows that value is just gonna run right through her, and it will be the end of a terrible reign

Valentina is not a big name. I don’t know why people pretend this. Her ppv fight against Nunes sold dog doodoo
She is the biggest name in 125 she more well known then the champ and anyone else fight at 125. wmma don't do well at ppv in general except Ronda.

Last edited:
She should have just stayed at be

I guess she'll get a easy title

I want to see Val fighting Eubanks so badly. This fight will be firework!

Valentina is not a big name. I don’t know why people pretend this. Her ppv fight against Nunes sold dog doodoo

Ok, but you need to compare her to realistic alternatives. The undeniable truth is she is the biggest name around at wFLW (she has WAY more name recognition than the current champ). If you think Montano v. Jennifer Maia or any other 125-er would be a bigger draw than a fight with Valentina you are severly deluded.

Last edited:
FW is literally an empty division with no rankings.

Aside from wondering if GSP could do it, no, I wasn’t a fan of that fight.

If it is literally an empty division with no rankings, how can you bash someone for not having fights against ranked fighters?

How soon before Val and her fans blame Nicco for any delay, even though her PR guy makes it clear this is a UFC scheduling thing.

If it is literally an empty division with no rankings, how can you bash someone for not having fights against ranked fighters?
Flyweight has rankings like a week after TUF ended. FW still doesn’t have any.

Flyweight has rankings like a week after TUF ended. FW still doesn’t have any.

Yeah, but they are based on crap. And I do not seem to recall you being a big fan of the UFC ranking system to begin with.

To say nothing of many talented fighters at 125 not being ranked at all because they have not fought in the UFC. We all know the 125 rankings are shit, and using them as an argument is specious at best.

Back