Movies RESIDENT EVIL: WELCOME TO RACCOON CITY (First Trailer)

Loved the first 3 resident evil games but the series got old after that. Never even finished part 4. Just stopped playing at some point.

The movies always looked terrible so I never watched them and this doesn't change my mind.

I've been waiting 20+ years, over half my life, for REgames-adaptation and the closest we've got was the 2nd Milla Jovovich movie that was a pathetic adaptation of the Resident Evil 3 game.

So, based on what I've heard about this 'movie' adapting BOTH of the first two games, the piss-poor casting, and the worse-than-cosplay costumes my expectations were very very low.

And this trailer made them even lower than that.

Won't be seeing this in theaters because its ridiculous its going to theaters when this has 'Only On Netflix' written all over it.

*The piss-poor CGI.
*'Whats going on' soundtrack.
*I've seen rappers playing themselves have better performances than those actors saying their lines.
*Very low production budget to save money for the piss-poor CGI.

The only question is if this has the potential to be WORSE than the WORST video game to movie adaptations.... like the Mortal Kombat sequel, the Silent Hill sequel, Mario Bros, and like a dozen others.

I bet yes, there's a very big chance when compared to both OG games, this 'adaptation' of both storylines into one movie is going to be a trainwreck.

Looks like shit but I'm a mark for RE so I'll watch it anyways.

Never enjoyed any of the films with the exception being the CG films

Fan of anything zombie so I'll be watching. Looks like it might be ok. Thought they were doing a tv show though? Maybe I'm thinking of TLOU.

Looks better than the last series but still doesn’t look great. I’d hope that it’s more survival horror rather than action but that doesn’t appear to be the case. The song selection was awful too lol. I’ll watch when it’s available to stream but likely won’t be seeing in theatres.

I was initially interested in this reboot because it was well publicised that James Wan was going to be a producer.

What wasn't well publicised was he left production after it was well publicised he was going to be a producer.

"In the same month, Wan was called to produce the reboot with a script by Greg Russo; subsequently, Roberts was hired as writer and director and Wan left the project. Filming began on October 17, 2020, in Greater Sudbury, Ontario, Canada. The film underwent reshoots in May 2021.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_Evil:_Welcome_to_Raccoon_City

Wow. And it needed reshoots. That's always a good sign.

This looks like it will definitely be fucking stupid.

looks like shit..

they need to a better re4 movie

Isn't this the one where they didn't want white people to star in the movie?

Last edited:
I popped for Itchy Tasty, but otherwise...

<DisgustingHHH>

Seriously, why not show this trailer instead?

Good question.

That is a much better trailer.

But still, if they put the best CGI shots in either trailer that really shows what the quality for the CGI in general.

This is still going to be a shitshow, regardless of what trailer they chose to promote.

Good question.

That is a much better trailer.

But still, if they put the best CGI shots in either trailer that really shows what the quality for the CGI in general.

This is still going to be a shitshow, regardless of what trailer they chose to promote.
You spend a lot of time on things that upset you.

Definitely in on this one. Hopefully it lives up to my expectations, which is I guess not wise on my part.

First thing that popped in my head when I heard that shit song

Seriously, why not show this trailer instead?

A whole host of reasons that idiots in dark rooms decide on. Question is, would you rather be duped? You've now seen how cheesy it looks, and your expectations should be measured appropriately. Would you rather have been left in the dark on how it's obviously not gonna be some AAA master class of film making, that a fancy pants trailer might convince you of?

Gotta say though, I don't see what is so different in that trailer. It still looks pretty hammy.

Loved the first 3 resident evil games but the series got old after that. Never even finished part 4. Just stopped playing at some point.

The movies always looked terrible so I never watched them and this doesn't change my mind.

no offense whatsoever man, but that’s a weird take. Part 4 not only revolutionized the RE universe, it revolutionized the entire game industry when it first came out. What about Code Veronica? That was made using the old engine just like the original trilogy, and the last two first person games went back to the horror roots of RE

Why is it called Raccoon city, has anyone seen any of these creatures?

Back