Restaurant forced to close thanks to LUNATIC LEFT!!!!

It's one thing to make a conservative political statement when you own a restaurant in a small town in Indiana(red state country).

It's another when you out your business within earshot of a cesspool of progressive authoritarians at a large University. Even in Deep Red States, college towns are largely leftist ghettos.

Saying you support Trump is like screaming hail Hitler while waving a swastika flag to some of those nutters.

marketing stunt. he's trying to lure in the MAGA people

All I know is I wouldn't put anything past the LUNATIC LEFT!!!!!

Just checking in here guys.

How do I join the that party?

"THE LUNATIC LEFT!!!"

I want to hold that placard.

If you own a business, you shouldn't be sharing your personal beliefs on social media for the world to see.
Personal life and Business life should always be separate.

They probably figured a bunch of people would go to virtue signal to the right and post selfies there and shit

Not surprised if they really got death threats, lots of lefties have turned to violence when people want to say right wing opinions
Yeah who would have thought some moron would have taken a gun to a pizza joint after pizza gate. Please dont pretend its all one side, that is foolish, you self righteous snow flakes.

If you own a business, you shouldn't be sharing your personal beliefs on social media for the world to see.
Personal life and Business life should always be separate.
A lot of business people just dont get this. Stay away from religion, sports and politics.

Kind of brought it on themselves, TBH.

Keep your politics off of my dinner plate, please.

While I share their view, why politicize food??

Chick-Fill-A did it and it increased business and revenue. There is nothing unique about what American Grill is doing.

They won't get the same media attention that the others so it's sort of useless

I'm guessing they were a failing business before the post. If their product was god, loyal customers would have rallied behind them as would their employees.

But yes, I don't have a problem with free speech combined with legal actions causing pain or loss. Anything like actual harassment such as phone calls and threats obviously goes over the line and such people should be dealt with in the harshest way.

Anyone that expects to take political or social stances publicly without repercussions is a fool. The only reasonable expectation is a lack of violence but as we've seen, that is now an increasingly viable part of the American landscape as well.

I bet he didn't get death threats. He sounds like the kind of person who would say he did, just to make himself look like a victim of the LUNATIC LEFT

He mentioned antifa. And they are well known on Facebook for doxxxing people who they disagree with, calling employers and harassing family members.

Business was likely going in the shitter and they decided to do this to play the martyr. Probably there is a gofundme page for the owners already, and/or they'll open a new location in some ruby red district somewhere and get positive press for the big grand opening.

I wouldn't be surprised they got death threats and bomb threats - they're too "easy" to make nowadays. But I also wouldn't treat any of them seriously - I mean if some nutter is triggered enough by the internet posting to really want to shoot you up they would have been triggered by something actually important and shot up a much more higher profile or powerful person.

I love how they don't want players, late night comedians or celebrity opinions but think restaurant owners airing their shit is a-ok and without ramification. Gloriously self-unaware or purposeful troll to get the reaction they did. Pick one.

Business was likely going in the shitter and they decided to do this to play the martyr. Probably there is a gofundme page for the owners already, and/or they'll open a new location in some ruby red district somewhere and get positive press for the big grand opening.

I wouldn't be surprised they got death threats and bomb threats - they're too "easy" to make nowadays. But I also wouldn't treat any of them seriously - I mean if some nutter is triggered enough by the internet posting to really want to shoot you up they would have been triggered by something actually important and shot up a much more higher profile or powerful person.

I love how they don't want players, late night comedians or celebrity opinions but think restaurant owners airing their shit is a-ok and without ramification. Gloriously self-unaware or purposeful troll to get the reaction they did. Pick one.

Given their existing businesses, their stated objective of using this restaurant as a prototype to create a multi-location chain and franchise, the failure to achieve that and the prior exit of one of the partners (the only one with restaurant experience), I'm also suspicious of this being an exit strategy. Especially given the University Blvd location.

99.999% of online death threats are completely bogus. The only debate is how many 9's trail the decimal point.
No need to close down because someone hate spoke you on the twitter.

While I share their view, why politicize food?

I hate the fact Hollywood, NFL, NBA have all become tools of policians. They're no longer watchable.

Does food have to go this route too? Cant people just eat a steak without being bombared with politics?
I agree. Unless it's within your wheelhouse, I don't think it's ever a good idea for a business/actor/show/restaurant/sports league/etc. to dive into politics. Sometimes it can work in your favor (Chick-Fil-A), but there's always a chance that you alienate at least 50% of your audience.

I agree. Unless it's within your wheelhouse, I don't think it's ever a good idea for a business/actor/show/restaurant/sports league/etc. to dive into politics. Sometimes it can work in your favor (Chick-Fil-A), but there's always a chance that you alienate at least 50% of your audience.

They are located at a University. It's hard to believe it wasn't deliberate.

Back