Ridiculous stoppage (PFL Europe 1 Doumbe vs Baki Aftermath **MERGED**)

PFL just can't get anything right.

This thread lol. Calm down chaps let’s all enjoy ourselves on this glorious evening.

Goddard is a self-absorbed, bone headed, no talent ass clown who could have taken a smidgen of time in a non-critical fight moment to involve the ringside physician and then make a judgement call. Instead, he tells Doumbe that he can't call a timeout and calls the fight off, giving Baki the win. Goddard is about to surpass Herb, Miragliotta and Tognoni as the worst ref in the sport. I can't stand this guy. That call was about him, not the fight.

Honestly, Goddard should get a time out after this shit.

Dude is too emotional and loves being part of the fight too much.

Goddard is a self-absorbed, bone headed, no talent ass clown who could have taken a smidgen of time in a non-critical fight moment to involve the ringside physician and then make a judgement call. Instead, he tells Doumbe that he can't call a timeout and calls the fight off, giving Baki the win. Goddard is about to surpass Herb, Miragliotta and Tognoni as the worst ref in the sport. I can't stand this guy. That call was about him, not the fight.

Goddard is annoying af lol. Dude always comes off agressive af like he is going to get in a fight with the fighters if they disagree with him.

Goddard is a fukn goof. Can't stand him because of stuff like this.

Dumbe stopped fighting and pointed towards his foot and Goddard said you have to keep fighting. Then the fight continues with a staring match and his opponent pointed at Dumbe because he was just standing that then Dumber pointed to his foot again, fight stops via TKO. They show a close of of Dumbe having what appears to be a small wooden sliver (the ones you get as a kid) in his big toe.
Agreed. It was unbelievable that he gave up for a menial thing like that

Agreed. It was unbelievable that he gave up for a menial thing like that
He did not give up. He asked for a timeout to fix a technical issue (just like a glove/cup/short problem), the ref told him he could not have a timeout and he resumed fighting. He clearly was not expecting Goddard to stop the fight.
Goddard stopped it when Baki turned to him, it's absurd.

Completely premature call, there was no reason whatsoever for the ref to conclude he was quitting.

Good point. I kinda hope it happens. So they both go their own way and stay "undefeated", one officially and one who can claim the loss was not one.

Baki said he would the a rematch if PFL offers the right amount (that kid is fucking clever).
Brother. It should OFFICIALLY be overturned to not-a-loss. The dude didn't lose in any capacity of the word. He was standing across perfectly (besides the splinter) fine from his opponent and it was 1-1

I don't know. I liked the fight a lot. Nice style clash and both were able to showcase a lot. I like that Baki doesn't let the pressure off when he gets a takedown attempt stuffed.

But Cédric showed really good defensive grappling and calmness even in the portions of the fight where Baki was dominating. I didn't think that his grappling defense would be that good.

Baki lacks control on the ground, Cedric got back up more or less quickly everytime he was taken down. And he defended the takedowns better as the fight went on.

Baki won the first, I don't know who won the second but people lean towards Doumbe. The third was going to be great until it wasn't.
Perfect summation of the fight. That's the disappointing part, it was actually a great fight. Most bad/weird calls tend to happen in nothing-matches or where one fighter has been incapacitated anyway. Disappointing AND a terrible call. Worse than an injury icing a fight.

It didn't look like he gave up, more like he was trying to tell the ref something was in his foot.
I get that mate and i agree about the fact that the splinter should have been removed from his foot. But, ant its a big one, sometimes you have to get through adversity and keep going. MMA is no easy business and seeing him complaining about that splinter twice was too much for me

I get that mate and i agree about the fact that the splinter should have been removed from his foot. But, ant its a big one, sometimes you have to get through adversity and keep going. MMA is no easy business and seeing him complaining about that splinter twice was too much for me
Fighters shouldn't have to fight through foregin objects in their bodies, that's on the promotion for not making sure the cage surface was clean. What you were talking about is totally different and if he had sustained an injury in the course of fighting i'm sure he would have continued.

No one should lose by TKO cause they have glass in their foot, that's idiotic.

He did not give up. He asked for a timeout to fix a technical issue (just like a glove/cup/short problem), the ref told him he could not have a timeout and he resumed fighting. He clearly was not expecting Goddard to stop the fight.
Goddard stopped it when Baki turned to him, it's absurd.

Completely premature call, there was no reason whatsoever for the ref to conclude he was quitting.
You know like me that nobody in France would know to say "splinter" to explain the issue, especially in the heat of a fight. Goddard only assumed, he was hurt and the fight was over. When i say quitting, i just mean that he did not tough up and keep fighting after the 1st warning.
Mistake from him imo

You know like me that nobody in France would know to say "splinter" to explain the issue, especially in the heat of a fight. Goddard only assumed, he was hurt and the fight was over. When i say quitting, i just mean that he did not tough up and keep fighting after the 1st warning.
Mistake from him imo

But that's not how the fight was stopped, Doumbe was fighting and his opponent had stopped fighting, then Goddard called it a TKO in favor of the guy who had stopped fighting. Doumbe did continue to fight when asked, it was his opponent who was the last one to stop fighting before the fight was called a TKO.

Fighters shouldn't have to fight through foregin objects in their bodies, that's on the promotion for not making sure the cage surface was clean. What you were talking about is totally different and if he had sustained an injury in the course of fighting i'm sure he would have continued.

No one should lose by TKO cause they have glass in their foot, that's idiotic.
Agreed...in a perfect world. But the one world we have is absolutely not perfect. Thats why sometimes you got to get through unfair shit. That being said we are talking about a 3 millimeters splinter, he was not on the verge to be amputated

Back